Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Are Some Polaris's Junk?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 07:07 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Are Some Polaris's Junk?

I have a 2002-700 polaris and have not had one problem with it.I ride with alot of guys with all kinds of four wheelers and I see the problems they have I just dont see how people can say polaris bikes brake down more often....

Old 02-21-2003, 08:02 PM
Pro Rider

I built the motor in my bike, ive been through the hole thing, and it has had a few bugs i had to work out in the begining it had never once left me sit anywhere at all. I belive most polaris's that have engine problems if they were torn down, rebuilt and put back together by a good caring person they would be great.

Old 02-21-2003, 08:10 PM
Trailblazer

Well for all the welcome comments,

When I replaced the first chain with an aftermarket chain it has been fine, it did not stretch out like the factory one, so that negates any of my riding or cleaning. The reason the sprockets went bad was because of the chain stretching out and the dealer will not warranty the chain unless it breaks. Since we are on the subject of issues on the 2-Trailboss machines which are both 2001 they have 2 different air cleaners, the clamps for the oil cooler lines are different and the one they put worm gear clamps leaked oil until I put the spring type on them. Both machine rear brakes wore out in the first year. The ignition switch went out in the first 3 months, the machine would not shut off unless you used the kill switch and not the key. The one machine the swing arm bolts came loose within the 1st 10 months and what a job to tighten them. How can two machines have so many problems? If I had purchased 1 machine I would have just thought it was a fluke but both machines having some of the same problems!
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 08:49 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Well, what can I say. The first new wheeler I bought my wife was a 2000 trailboss 325. Had it a year and not one SINGLE problem. We ride in the Ozark Mountains, and I couldnt imagine anyone riding much harder. We're not the slow type trail riders. We like to ride pretty fast and hard. To everyone that had and has problems with Polaris all I can say is I'm sorry. But for everyone who hates them there is someone who loves them.Bubba

Old 02-21-2003, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider

I hear a lot of people bitching abut Polaris problems. Is it because this is the Polaris forum? Seems like its usually non-Polaris owners bitching. That makes no sense at all.

Does this mean that all the other ATVs out there never have any problems? Maybe I should go to Kawasaki or Arctic Cats forum and see what I can find. It just seems unlikely that nobody else would have some manufacturing glitches or faulty components, or design flaws. I have had to do some work to my 700 and my Scram 500, but I thought that people with Hondas and Suzukis and everything else had to do the same type of stuff. Are you telling me that Japanese chains and sprockets and brakes last forever? That's pretty cool.
I pressure washed my Trail Boss and Scrambler after every ride, never had a problem. I do the same with my Sportsman. Dealer service tech said that was the best way to make them last, because the dirt and grit that gets in everywhere wears things out. I do not believe that water is penetrating into a seal designed to hold high pressure gas. Think about it. The only place the water could get forced into is a grease seal, and that gets pushed out when you grease it, if you're fortunate enough to have greasable fittings.

Old 02-22-2003, 12:05 AM
Pro Rider

I was talking about the shocks. And was talking about particulate matter. Any system that moves will allow some particles, no matter what it's designed to hold, to enter. I agree that it's a good thing to wash your atv when it's dirty, but you do not want High pressure too close. Anyone who works with hydraulics or pneumatics should know that small particals (measured in microns) can enter a system. High pressure could force particles into the seal and cause the seal to wear out prematurely.

Old 02-22-2003, 02:47 AM
Trailblazer

I love these type of posts....

some a$$hole makes a post to try to start something and then the rest of the a$$holes line up to give their opinions.

Polaris has lead the industry in inovations the past several years and the rest quickly follow after. Automatic quads used to be laughed at and now its the standard for most quads besides sport quads.

I wonder how the yamaha forum would react to me posting I know a few guys who have had nothing but problems with their yamahas and think they are crap. anyone care to disagree?

I guess it makes some a$$holes feel special to start something online.

for the record my quad is bone stock besides adding the front rack and its ridden hard in the idaho mountains. Not one problem with it. Not the shocks Not the chain. Not the ignition. It's been a great quad and the best value out there for a full size quad.

Old 02-22-2003, 08:02 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

i think it's common knowledge that Polaris QUALITY has been on the up-swing for the last 8 years!

not only do intelligent people recognize Polaris as an innovator, but they also see the EXCELLENT QUALITY and BUY the product!........... and the word spreads FAST!.......more and more folks in my area have jumped-off the "JAP ship" and now ride Polaris....... before, the Polaris dealers advertized a lot and the Honda dealer didn't.....now it's just the opposite! LOL

Polaris has better performance and better features....and that makes them MORE FUN to ride.

if any of you Polaris Bashers think you are going to sway us away from a Polaris to your brand, i think your time would be better spent in your own forum contributing something PRODUCTIVE!

(see, i can be nice)

RIDE ON!
-MT[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2003, 08:24 AM
Pro Rider

I rode my 400 Scrambler for two years without a problem (in the dunes). But had a water pump seal go out and I was told that the weep hole must have been plugged because it never showed any coolant leaking thus it pressured up and blew the oil seal and water got into my counter balancer oil and locked up my counter balancer bearing. A 800.00 repair in all but that is with a new bottom and top end. Other than that no problems what so ever and that was riding almost every weekend in the sand and it's always harder on a motor than hardpack. I LOVE MY QUAD!

Old 02-22-2003, 08:47 AM
Trailblazer

I personally would not take one if you gave it too me![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Are Some Polaris's Junk?