Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

cut front fenders on predator

Search this Thread

Old 02-20-2003, 10:10 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default cut front fenders on predator

look at my gallery to see the pic

i cut the front fenders on my predator. was wanting some input from others as what you all think.

looks good...............

looks like crap.............

i myself really like how it looks!

i cut them 3 different ways to begin with and ended up with how it is now.

turbo bobby

Old 02-20-2003, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider

I'm going to order extra plastic and cut my very close to the tank, kinda like a DS I think it is the best looking that way and no wind resistance. My thought. Your's does look different though and not to bad.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:56 AM
Pro Rider

G'day vilnrk.
Mate, I'm not sure what i think, but what purpose does it serve?

You like your front suspension stiff.

Thanks from down under Geoff.

Old 02-21-2003, 08:42 AM
Pro Rider

aussiequadrider - i kept finding myself bashing my kneecaps on the fenders. the way it is now, the plastic will flex easily when i bump it with the knee. 95% percent of my riding is in the sand, if i rode in the dirt and mud i would not have cut them. i have a 250R with shaved front plastic and really like how it looks so that was the main reason for cutting it. the bonus is now it dosent bother me to bump my knees on it.
the only time i like my front stiff is when i am jumping big. regular riding i run the springs 5 turns backed out.
i really want to put the rezzies on the shocks so the compression can be adjusted, this way the springs can be set soft and compression can be stiffened up for big jumps. best of both that way
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
do you ride yours mainly in the sand ?

turbo bobby

Old 02-21-2003, 10:17 AM
Range Rover

Hey vilnrk, I think your cuts look good[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] However we are at opposite ends. I am thinkin of fabricating some type of mud flaps to hang off the fenders[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] I was on my predator yesterday in BlackRiverFalls Wisconsin and the tempature got to 60 degree's and almost all the snow melted and the trails got SWAMPED. I mean swamped. I was SOAKED from my chest to my toes( had to stop and drain my boots often), anyways my point is the predator turns you into a human sponge when the trail gets swamped and I'm thinkin of makin something to help prevent gettin soaked so bad. Also when I entered long and deep water holes the predator decided to steer on its own, what I mean is I would be goin like 20 mph maybe when entering the water hole and about half way through it the predator would do a 180 instantly even when I was steerin strait. My buddy almost crashed into me cause my pred spun out in a water hole and stalled.

Old 02-21-2003, 11:28 AM
Pro Rider

Nice look, good work on the trimming........I was just out tightening up my fender cross member last night as I felt it was flopping a bit.......trimming might help, but you'll get way more spray, even in sand.......

Everyones riding area throws different stuff, but hey, we all get pelted. One hint before you cut, look up under the fender after a ride sometime, and see how much muck or crap is under the fender, and imagine getting hit with that......

I too have cut fenders on my banshee, as its a dune only machine, but the pred is my woods and logging road blaster.......

Speaking of hydroplaning through puddles, ain't third gear grand fun rapping it out and floating the rear tires sideways across a short stretch of water!

Gawd this thing can loft the front end easy, and then sets the front end down into that plush suspension.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Hey Dave, better call up the Miss Budwieser camp and ask if they want to run 'em....man I sure miss watching the hydros!!!

Vilnrk, once you get the front rezzi's, you won't believe how much it wakes up the suspension....you won't be disappointed. It would be a nice luxury to have two sets of plastic, one cut for the dunes,and one stock for the woods. ching, ching [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]