Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Yoshi Predator exhaust

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 01:55 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Yoshi Predator exhaust

i emailed yoshimura and asked if they were developing an exhaust system for the predator and after 3 weeks they finally replied, and they are testing them now i think. the ti series is gonna cost over 700 i believe, and the comp series is gonna be 500. these are prices for full systems.

Old 02-21-2003, 08:47 AM
Pro Rider

time frame??? dyno numbers?

Old 02-21-2003, 08:54 AM
Trailblazer

the email said that it was in testing and it had the price, the person that wrote it said they had no other information about it.

Old 02-21-2003, 01:38 PM
Elite Pro Rider

If it's like their other units, it's gonna be some ching. Why spend more money for less HP. There's a reason Polaris went with White Bros, quality, reputation, and most important HORSEPOWER.

Old 02-21-2003, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

although WB usually puts out a quality product I think they may have messed up on the Predator exhuast. It seems like everyone is blaming the carb and bike set up / have to cut airbox here change jetting this way crap. I am really starting to think that it is a design error with the slip on not anything else. I have talked to HMF and they experience 0 troubles with popping and have talked to others that have the HMF and they never experienced any troubles. Trinity claims they are experiencing any problems in testing either. All the troubles come from the WB slip on. All these aftermarker shops are trying there hardest to sell you their kit for the fix/ most of which cut the airbox up so much you cant even ride thru a puddle let alone the creeks we play in. I cant wait till some other companies like Yosh. MBRP and others make a pipe so we can see what really is the problem. Right now I am starting to think design flaw on WB part for an improper design on the slip on. Anyone else?

Old 02-21-2003, 05:37 PM
Pro Rider

There is only one way to get more air into the motor, (modify the air box). You can put on any pipe you want, no increase in air flow, your limited on how much power your going to get. The pipe is not the problem, my pred runs clean to the rev limiter. If you open up the air box, it takes the carb way out of tune, you have to make changes to get the air/fuel ratio back in line. I think when the pipes are all out there, when they test just the pipe, white bros will be amoung the top. The air box mods are not designed to stop the popping, they are to increase power.

Old 02-21-2003, 05:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You can take Polaris factory racer/development guy Daryl Rath....he's still running the White Bros. With his airbox mod kit, is a complete jetting guide. He's a VERY picky person when it comes to his equipment. He knows what works.