Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

IF YOU RIDE PLEASE READ THIS!!!

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2003, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default IF YOU RIDE PLEASE READ THIS!!!

A few weeks back I witnessed two guys do something on quads that affects each and every one of one us. To start things off it was a saturday afternoon and was about 35 degrees out ( the warmest weather we've had in about a month) and a buddy of mine call'ed me up and wanted me to riding with him and a friend of his so we all met up at our local public riding area. This area is about 25 acres of trails that run beside the Wabash River. Anyway after a couple hours of riding my buddy Jason and his buddy decided that they were going to race. Jason has an 03 400Ex and the other guy has a 02 Z-400. The problem is the only place they had to race was on the street that runs above the trails. It was about 3 pm and traffic wasn't to bad so off they went. They went down the street about a quater of a mile and were racing back to the bridge. KEEP IN MIND THIS IS A CITY STREET WITH A 30MPH SPEED LIMIT ONLY ABOUT 3 BLOCKS AWAY FROM DOWNTOWN. Anyway the race was on and it was pretty close. Jason aboard his 400ex won by about half a quad. One time was not enough they decide to do it again. I thought they were going to get busted by the cops for sure. Both quads have full aftermarket exhaust so they are loud as hell. This time they had to wait on a few cars to pass before they were able to race and while aproaching the bridge side by side at about 60-65 mph a car was coming across the bridge toward them. Luckly the car slowed and gave them enough room to get by.
This has to be about the dumbest thing I've seen anybody do in the 12+ years that I've been riding. Stupid stuff like this affects each and every one us because it leads to us getting our riding places closed and our right to ride taken away. Its no wonder alot of parents (who don't know anything about the sport) refuse to buy their kids a quad or dirtbike to ride. All they see is idiots riding way above there heads and crashing or stunts like the one I saw and think that the sport is way to dangerous. So next time you go out riding use some common sense and don't do anything that is detrimental to our sport. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 09:37 PM
Range Rover

Hind sight is 20/20! Live and learn...right?

Shane

Old 02-21-2003, 09:38 PM
Trailblazer

My IQ is lowered well down into the double digits everytime I put a helmet on. working professional during the week, village idiot on the weekend [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2003, 09:58 PM
Pro Rider

Ruckus Im with you..All it takes is for that person in that car to be the kind of person that likes to write the local news paper they post it and the ball is rolling....before you know it someone wants to shut it down....theres places to play

Old 02-21-2003, 11:53 PM
Trailblazer

WOW i agree with your story too. there are some idiots out there on quads and they make everyone else look bad and pay for their stupidity. yea i like to rip and tear but i live in the country, we own a lot of land so i do it in the privacy of my own 4wheeler trails. not on a highway

~jenny [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-22-2003, 12:22 AM
Pro Rider

'03 Z400?

Old 02-22-2003, 01:11 AM
Pro Rider

If there your good riding buddies why didn't you stop them??? Your to blame just as much as they are for being there to witness it.

Old 02-22-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider

I agree with pleasure4qt, if you aren't part of the solution, you are part of the problem...