Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Killer

Search this Thread

Old 05-18-2003, 07:56 AM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Killer

Let me start off by saying to KevinM and RPM...I must commend your committment and deligince in trying to show this crowd that Kawi introduced several new innovations and design changes when introducing THEIR auto concept into the sports field. But its like telling an insane man he is not superman...you cant do it...you are faced with logic and basic understanding of the REAL world to defend your point ...he on the other hand has a totally different grasp of reality and therefore will never understand your point of view or logic. You are dealing with people that have a chip on their shoulder as they feel that Polaris quads have never received the respect they should and therefor are going to discredit every other quad as if its their fault the polaris scramble line received so much criticism. Bubba and clonies, if you think the mags are that bias against your pols dont buy them...but why trash kawi's attempt in the field because the mags trashed YOUR scrambler.

Now, lets see what has Kawi done with their attempt at a automatic sport quad...you have a total redesign that lowers center of gravity for better handling and climbing ability, balanced engine with practically no vibration, better brakes, I have ridden with one (and ridden one) and it has GREAT handling and a suspension that allows you to manuaver the bike very well even stock, has great characteristics when jumping so it is easy to control and flies true...thats right a 500 pounder that jumps well...fact is when you jump and its handling through corners you cant really believe its 500 pound quad. It wheelies and lifts front end up on demand so going over drop offs or anything actually can be handled like it was a Z 400. Oh yea, they put in a V-Twin that can generate enough power so the quad competes with and is quicker then most sports quads on the market...unlike some auto sport quads attempts in the past that have been beat by utility quads let alone other sport models (Griz and p650 are known to smoke scrambler 500s). I have a KFX/Z 400 and ride with my buddy that has a KFX 700...that thing is every bit as sporty as that 400 and handles just as good in most situations...in tight situations it is rider ability between the two quads...once the trial or riding area opens up its all 700...i love my 400 and can still say this about that 700. Until you have ridden this thing you dont have a clue to what it is about...and if you are so bias you can't look at it objectively you will have truly missed out (i thought Honda owners only had that ailment). Thing just hits the streets and is already winning GNCC races left and right. Once its been out for awhile and they determine what they can do with it someone will probably even have it on a MX track. My buddy that has the KFX 700 has always ridden a 250r...now the 250r is definitely a sport quad by anyones standards...he thinks that 700 is every bit a sport quad as that 250r is/was... says his 250r had some strengths over the 700 and the 700 had some definite strengths over the 250r...but says he is extremely glad he upgraded to the 700...his opinion and probably not everyones as he doesnt race track anymore...but this is someone that didnt even want to look at it because it was automatic...three rides later he was an owner.

So i dont think that the scrambler line got the discredit because it was a pol...i just dont think they come to the plate as prepared as Kawi did. Now i am not a pol basher per say...from what i have picked up so far they have done great with the predator. Brought a track ready quad to the market VERY competitively priced. Were able to put in a strong power plant and still be able to maintain weight and surrounded it with a nice suspension package. It is showing no more mechanical/technical problems then any first year quad...pol came to play with this one. However, If i could only have one quad i would have to take the KFX 700 as it does so much so well...and i dont race track. But i dont have to have one quad and like the combo of the KFX 400 and my 4x4 P650 :-)

For those that catagories the KFX 700 as a glorified scrambler...well,...hahhahahahahahahhahahahhahahah a... that is.... hahahahahhahahahhahahahahaha... just hahahahhahahahhahaha...crazy....hahahhaha....but no use in me beating my head against a wall trying to explain.... just strap on your cape and red and blue suit super scrambler man....but be careful, they built a lime green kryptonite machine called the KFX 700 and it will KILL YA. :-P

Old 05-18-2003, 10:00 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

LMAO, that was very entertaining. Thank you. Your buddy has been dropped on his head too many times if he really thinks the 700 has any edge at all on a 250R [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]. Much of the scrambler/sport line of quads discredit was due to the Polaris name on them. Funny that you must be a dedicated Polaris person to realize that fact. There is nothing objectively to look at on this quad. It has a sole purpose in life and that's to win GNCC races and it is built extremely well for that, but nothing else. Why would I want to have one when it wont be first in anything else, the automatic? Dont think so. If I want to catch the "big air" I will get on my wife's 250R and do it, or I will get on my Banshee and go jump and play and smoke some bikes. Those are definitions of sport quads and nothing else compares PERIOD. I'm not even getting into the MX track issue for that is a joke in itself. I can see the clutching and belts holding up well to that. You might not be able to say that the 700 is a glorified scrambler, but I really wander if the scrambler was never invented would the 700 be what it is today? I dont believe so. If you have never been on a full trail mod or race mod sport/scrambler with suspension and handling upgrades, then you really dont understand yourself.

The mags have given the Predator pretty good reviews, but there again being a polaris it didnt get that big ooohhh and aaahhh that the Suzuki did and it is a great machine, not to mention a very quick and agile machine. But the name on it has been it's limiting factor. If any Jap company would have built the quad I think the roof would have come off the building and it would be glorified as being the best quad ever. I need to go now. I have to go riding with the mrs and find a 700 to spank with my 350cc bike.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Later.

Old 05-18-2003, 11:06 AM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Killer

HAHAHA...you bash the 700 because you say its just a GNCC'er (GNCC is taking on dirt, trails, mud, trees, climbing at solid speeds you know) and that is it and then turn-a-around and brag about a banshee being a true sport quad . The banshee is a sand racer and a darn good one i will admit...but how can you say the 700 is only good at gncc and therefor its not a sport quad and say the banshee is...banshee is a dragger...built for it and everyone knows that (HIPPOCRIT)...your telling me you have had the banshee on an MX track and it did great or is that just the argument you feel the need to use to try and discredit the 700....hahahahahhahahhaa...my analogy in my previous post was supposed to be a bit sacastic and funny... it is turning out to be scary how true it is with ya bubba. From your post i wonder if You have something against japanese made quads...you do know the 250r and banshee are Japanese made right...or in your world are those two manufactured somewhere else.

Lets look at this here...Banshee and 250r are true sports quads and 700 is not. mod'd banshee can beat 700 in drag...700 can beat 250r. 250r better MXer then the 700...700 better MXer then the banshee...700 has recently done better in GNCC then both...but the banshee and 250r is a sport bike and the 700 isnt. I take it your friends gave you the nick "bubba" rather then you choosing it.

Your opinion of a TRUE sport quad is your opinion and your entitled to it. Based of sales, forum threads, and feedback from industry experts you dont have to many agreeing with your opinion on the KFX 700. And no matter how much you shoot it down go read the threads by those that bought them...they love it and love their decision to go with it...and yes a good portion of them switched from other sport quads (like the 250r)...then read through the pol forum on scramblers and such...several do like them...but you have a far higher percent that dont compared to the KFX...and their just isnt the level of enthusiam in their posts as the KFX owners. Bubba, stick out your chest and start beating...you bully, belittle and slam trying to make your point and get those that disagree with you to back off rather then throwing out any factual data for a logical, thoughtout, open-minded discussion...but you are so far off base i have to play and have fun with this one...sometimes reading your post is funnier then reading a MAD magazine ... you kill me and this is kinda fun...what far off place are you going to take us to with your next post :-)

It a shame your not a kawi fan Bubba...the green you turn with envy over quads you feel threaten your precious picks would fit right in with team green.

Old 05-18-2003, 01:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Like Bubba suggested, the Kawi folks have benenfitted from the 10 years of the Scrambler's R&D. Everyone has lost focus from the original point, it's all old news, and old technology. If Polaris really wanted to (and the probably wouldn't due to the recreational niche the machine filled) they'd could totally redesign the Scrambler....don't think they can, stop by a local track and see how the Predator's doing. You are the one with the ailment if anyone. You haven't been there trying to squeek out more hp with an aftermarket that was virtually non-existant. Nothing against Kawi, it's great they're pushing the factory dollars into GNCC, but it's still old news.
Bosox, if you want to see true Scrambler modded performance, you totally missed the boat by bringing up the 500, it's the 400 that we make scream....kinda shows how much you really know about the soapbox you're on.
Ride what you want, us long time faithfuls have already fought the war. Let me know the time and place, and I'll run my 400 at a track to show you the numbers we've battled to achieve.

Old 05-18-2003, 01:54 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Killer

Well I said i come to have fun so lets have it.

Yeaaaa, you poor thing mod squad...you have always had the best quad in the world and no one has given you credit...so you have the right to slam every other quad that hits the market that awes those that arent so brainwashed...thats right i said awe.

And if your saying that Kawi owes everything to the scrambler...you have to take a step back and say pol owes everything to suk for making the first quad. Fact is Pol took a step forward making an automatic sport and now kawi is taking another step forward. Just Kawi came to the plate with their model more capable to compete with the current field of sports quads.

Yup, I am on a soap box...what got me started was some of the blind crap being slung in this thread...just trying to raise my box so i can speak face to face with you. So you went out and mod'd a 400 scrambler and it goes...good job...you honestly dont think they will be moding that 700 ... I garauntee IF you have seen the 700 run its been in stock form...wait until its piped, breathing and clutched (we will leave out the CDI for now)...will flat out smoke your scrambler rear end...i dont see its blinding speed and great handling tearing the 700 up at the GNCC, dunes, or anywhere right now...go to jericho as well as the piute...two very popular riding areas...read the mx and gncc standings and finishes...just havent seen it...

I referenced the 500 in my previous post because the scrambler line was brought up as not getting respect...my point was the association of a scrambler getting beat by a utility quad...alot of people wont make the connection between the 400 and 500 and hence a negative reputation...hence you guys whining about the scrambler line not getting any respect and being the first with an automatic...people hear a 500 gets beat by utility and it discredits the whole line and the automatic...its kinda deep thinkin and i should have laid it out simplier for you...let me know if you still dont understand my point...called market perception...a 500 scrambler gets beat and those unfamilair with the line isnt going to look at a 400 scrambler because the 500cc which is typically a step up is getting beat by a ute.

Ok robin...you and super scrambler carry on...the 400 scrambler is the greatest quad that has been built and that is why its winning all the mx races, gncc, sand drags and quad rallies...its a conspiracy put together by every ATV magazine, professional riders, and experts in the field (actually have to throw pop mechanics in for the award they gave the v-twin...should have went to that pol two stroke aye) to keep the best quad ever hidden because its a polaris. Its not the fact that pols have a bad rep on maintenance...dont support any safety programs (accoriding to the instructor in this area polaris's response to that is they put that money into a solid warranty program hahahhahahaha)... and never really had a presence in any high level comp until the pred come along.

As far as missing the point about the scrambler being the first with an automatic...i didnt miss that at all. Whats the title of the thread tho??? My point has been that Kawi did several design changes before they brought the 700 to market that has it actively competing with the current stock of sports quads...so, just because you guys are so envious over the attention its getting and refuse to recognize it as a sport quad doesnt mean its not a sports quad...trying to correct that misnomer...fact is it is a very good sport quad...every bit as much as the scrambler 400 and then some...and as far as Kawi owing everything to polaris...hahahahhahahahahhahahaha...get past the manual tranny and tell us how these bikes are the same...that scrambler isnt bad and if you like it then its great for you...but get over the petty jealeousy and at least recognize when the industry is going forward...its us the consumer thats making out...who knows maybe the scrambler will be like an artist and get its true recognition after it dies out. :-)

Old 05-18-2003, 03:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

O.k. let's get going with some non-creative name calling....Are you sure it isn't Botox, as in numbed your brain? I never said the 400 was the best machine in the world. Once again you missed the point. We've (many others on this and other forums, and myself) have taken the 400 and had to be creative in making the mods to increase the level of performance. It's been a hard trail, but challenging and fun. I would hope that after a design has been out for 10 years that someone would be able to improve on it. The Scrambler was never meant to be a racer, it's a recreational machine. Did you ever see Polaris pull an 18 wheeler into a GNCC race to declare this? No. Though I think it's great that Kawi does. Matter of fact Polaris stepped up at my last districts harescramble and sponsored the event complete with barrels of race fuel to the winners. Anytime these corporations step up like this, we all win.
Maybe you could take a step back an look at yourself for a minute....better yet, take a step back to the Kawi forum and rant an rave. Your smoke falls on deaf ears here, cause frankly the machine just doesn't impress myself or quite a few others here. Have a nut, ride what you want, and put your energy into racing, or keeping your local riding area open. Much more constructive than name calling.

Old 05-18-2003, 03:41 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

I can't believe someone resurrected this thread, but since they did I may as well get my .02 in since I've had the Kawi for a while.

I had intended to keep my Scrambler and ride it occasionally especially when its muddy out, but the Kawi is so superior in every way that I now have no urge at all to ride the Scrambler anymore. I have probably $1500 in aftermarket parts for the Scram and its maybe a couple of quadlengths faster than the Kawi that has only some univents installed in the airbox and a Polaris brown spring installed in the primary clutch. The ONLY similarities between the Scram and the Kawi are that they are both autos and they are comfortable to ride on all day, that's it.

My brother's Banshee has FMF fatty's and a couple of other small mods and after repeated races its only 1 quadlength faster than the 700. I put the kind of money in the Kawi I have in the Scrambler and it would be crazy fast I'm sure. I traded with my brother for about an hour last week to let him try the Kawi out and it was quickly apparent the 700 was superior to the Banshee in every conceivable way, I couldn't wait to get back on the Kawi.

Old 05-18-2003, 04:41 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Killer

I see mod

Basically everyone wants to hear you and bubba's conspiracy theory against pols and your putting down anything that comes along you dont 100% buy into ...hmmm... you guys can give your opinion but if someone doesnt agree or rebutts it then the majority doesnt want to hear it...you sure.

I admit i have been harsh...dont know basically if its name calling...but the pounding you guys have been giving the 700 telling everyone its not a sport quad and is the same thing as a scrambler is grossly off the mark. You have people that are in the process of purchasing or trading in their quads and come on these forums to pull information to help with their decisions. I personnally think if your into the atv community like you state in the closing of your last post you should provide them some factual information and if you opt to start throwing opiniion into the mix then need to be open or understand your going to get others opinions right back. I agree that pols havent really got any respect but i think they needed it and the lack of respect has finally motivated them and helped them immensely. The predator is a sport racer...hands down one of the best priced race ready quads on market...love the power plant...steering takes getting used to but awesome once you have taken the time to get the hang of it...being compared to a cannondale for far less money is not a bad rep to have ...little uncomfortable but am totally impressed with the quad...polaris could have built something like that sometime ago but just wasnt motivated to take the time and do it like the pred...they were motivated in different directions and more so with putting flashy toys on before they got them working 100% properly...hence their bad reputation on realiability and maintenance...I am not saying they are unreliable (saying they have the reputation for being so)...they had the gonads to be the first to try stuff and developed a bad reputation for being so because they constantly stuck gadgets on before they properly trouble shooted them. The 400ex, especially the Z, and the rumor of the KFX probably motivated them to put together the pred...and the pred will motivate honda hopefully.

If you enjoy what you ride you should be proud and willing to identify its bright spots to others ...but when you shoot down other quads then you open yours up for criticism. I have a prairie and love it...can tell you the bright spots about it all day...but will say the pol 700 and rincon rides far more plush and you have to love the pols and griz's ground clearance and mudding ability...but the P650 rips trials and is one heck of a climber. I agree we should be trailing, racing, or getting the tree huggers out of our trials...and to you and bubba i probably went to far playing and trying to get your riled-up...but the way you were dishing it out figured you could take it :-)...but if you road the KFX 700 you would see that it raised the bar. We should be stating this and what about it impresses us...garuantee you, unlike honda, Pol won't lay down and will come right back with something...well, something in additon to the pred...it is sweet...

Have fun guys...predator is the start of the end to your concerns...it won't happen immediately but if they follow it up with something just as hot afterwards then pols time will be come...just my two cents.

Old 05-18-2003, 07:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

You just don't ....and probably never will get it. I've stated time and time again that it was never against Kawi....can you let that sink into your brain. It was all the hype that Dirty Wheels created about the machine, and basically all they did was polish up ten year old technology. Period. I still find it a hoot that people like yourself and Kevin feel the need to travel around trying to defend this machine. Right there that really defines some insecurities. If the machine is sooooo great, won't it prove itself. You don't find me traveling all over the forums sticking up for the Sport/Scrambler or the Predator. Go ride.

Old 05-18-2003, 08:03 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Killer

Well if you went around trying to preach the nonsense you have been rant and raving in this thread you would constantly get slammed...and nobody needs that many people telling them they have no clue.

Yes i get it...your whining...you think you have a right to whine and nobody should basically tell you to quit whining because the industry is getting better and instead of whining about it reap the benefits. You cant see the benefits all you want to do is tell everyone how unjust everyone has been towards your quads. When you say it was never about the kawi you need to read the post...title of thread again??? In fact i was responding to bubba's nonsense when you opted to jump on board and become the grand defender. There is no underlying need to defind the bike...like i said, read the threads by those that own one they love it to death...understand you dont really want to see anything that doesnt fit your little box and might remove that chip on your shoulder...kevinM just gave his opinion about the two and he has owned BOTH and your response for his opinion...you try to slam him for going around trying to defend the 700...he has them both and could provide some good input...but no, doesnt say what you want to hear so its BS...hahahaha who doesnt get it..

You have constantly been screaming and whining "its the same thing (or technology as i dont want to read another you dont get it post) as a scrambler and you dont like the scrambler"... now to the point you fail to get...beyond the automatic tell me what is similiar about these quads and all this tech kawi has reaped the benefits from...i have asked this before and all i got for response was ranting about everyone not getting the grand point of yours... you fail to outline the quads similiarities or even try to...so this leads me to believe you have no clue what your talking about and just want to moan because the industry has made more note of a revolutionary v-twin automatic then your machine or your brand of machines.

I probably dont get it as their is no point to get...you are ranting because the industry doesnt constantly endorse your selection in quads...you need someone else telling you what have is good I quess...if the mags are that far off ... like i said before ...blow them off and go enjoy yourself...dont come on here and fling crap and get frustrated when someone flings it back...guess its back to having fun...have to wait for the motor home to get delivered today so i am stuck at home and might as well get a jolt out of showing just how far out in right field you are...believe your up.

Quick Reply: Polaris Killer