Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Killer

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 12:18 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Killer

Gonna have to agree with rpm on this one. I think we should all sit back and see what happens. If it flops, we can say we told you so, if not, we can give Kawie their props. Doesn't anybody drink beer anymore?

Old 02-28-2003, 02:27 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Polaris should bore out the 700 motor and make a scrambler 800 with the bells and whistles of todays technology.

Old 02-28-2003, 09:05 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

I've obviously never ridden one, and none of you have either.
But just by going off of its specs it seams like an odd duck, too heavy for raceing, too expensive for a 2X4 trail quad, most likely an easy and fun quad to ride but too powerfull for for the wife or a loaner to friends, just seams to not be a good fit into any specific niche, They might as well have put a rear rack on it and called it an "EXTREME SPORT UTILITY"
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

A note of interest: This is what Pro Level MX Racer Cory Ellis had to say about the KFX700 in the Dirt Wheels article.

He told Dirt Wheels (Taken word for word from the artical):

He feels it is one of the fastest production quads he's been on. He even thought it was as fast as race quads he has ridden.

"There is absolutely no slip on the auto clutch tranny," said Ellis. "It takes off instantly without any windup whatsoever. With the broad power spread of the 700 V-twin engine, it is real easy to get the front end up whenever you want to. Crack the throttle and crank out as long a wheelie as you want. The steering is also very precise, and it has a racer-like feel to it."
"The center of gravity is low, not on the high side like a Raptor. Suspension is good even for a big guy like me, and the steering is light and responsive. Overall, this is a great handling, incredibly fast and well-suspended sport quad," says Kory.

Doesn't Kory Ellis ride a Z-400, so thus he is sponsered by Suzuki-Kawi. I hope he would say nothing but good things about the 700, but I would want a unbiased opinion.

Old 02-28-2003, 11:41 AM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

The KFX will be out runnin with the pack this spring, I guess we'll just have to give it a chance to prove its self to the Sport croud and see what we think about it then.
If nothing else Its a dareing and different quad to add to our growing choices these days,
ITS ALL GOOD[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 12:01 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Geez, you go to work, and the room gets stuffy. Hey Bubba, like you said sooo many are missing the point. And Kev, I know I haven't riddin the 700, but I did take quite a while to study one in person...and yes, I have the pics (I'm the one who first posted the weight) You are totally missing the point...They're idolizing an old idea as if it's slicing bread horizontally. Lighten up pal, if you want to compare who's screamed for more improvements to Sports/ Scramblers, when was the last time you roadtripped your quad to showcase some mods to Polaris engineers. This last year I fabbed a titanium trans mount, changed all the wheel studs to titanium, and am in the process of changing all the engine and trans hardware to titanium.....I hate bragging, and people who take part in it, but if you want to compare who's doin' mods, and who's "Qualified" to evaluate them, you'll probably get me up on that stupid soapbox. Thankful to others, someone always kicks it out from under me...butt-cheek here I come. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It's starting to sound like the Yamaha forum....MEOOOWWW!

Now like Megacrash said, non of us have ridden the 700, I hope for the Kawi fans, it works. Hey Bubba, maybe we can get them to "re-invent" the two-stroke?

Old 02-28-2003, 12:28 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

Re-invent, huh? sounds like a plan to me. They dont realize that a fuel injected 500cc or 600cc 2-sroke quad would rip, and it would be easier to build in a v-design and alot less moving parts,AND very enviromentally efficient. Ken, let's build one.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 12:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

I've never doubted your knowledge Ken, but like I said you absolutely will not call out Polaris for their faults, at least not on this forum anyway. I've read many of your posts and you glorify Polaris in every one, never giving the other side of the story. I call that bias.
To say the Kawi is "downright identical" to the Scrambler 2x4 is simply ridiculous. I can only imagine the rant you would've went on if someone had said the Predator was "downright identical" to the 400ex.

Old 02-28-2003, 01:02 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!
Default Polaris Killer

Bubba,,,,I thought you were talkin about my girlfriend[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 01:06 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

DOOOOOHHHHHH!!!!!!!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Polaris Killer