Polaris Killer

Search this Thread

Old 02-28-2003, 01:15 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Killer

Originally posted by: GE4x4

Doesn't Kory Ellis ride a Z-400, so thus he is sponsered by Suzuki-Kawi. I hope he would say nothing but good things about the 700, but I would want a unbiased opinion.
So now we are back to the Famous "CONSPIRACY THEORY" Excuse again. Maybe I'm just too trusting, but if I were to believe all of the "Well they are only saying that because they get paid too" B.S. then one would have to believe that there is "NOT 1 HONEST PERSON IN THE WHOLE WORLD OF QUADS!!!" Which means we can not trust anything you or I say, because if we don't agree, it surely must be because of some Hidden Agenda. You can live that way if you want to, I choose to give people the benefit of the doubt, and trust that what they are telling me is true unless PROOVEN otherwise. Speculation does not = Truth.

The other thing is, MegaCrash is right, None of us has ridden one, so we don't know. But then we are downplaying and ignoring all of the reports and articles from those who Have ridden them. Doesn't make sense to me.

One quick note, Suzuki and Kawasaki have only joined together in their R&D department to offset costs. On the Track, they are competing against each other. No Conspiracy there.

[quote]
Originally posted by: modquad
They're idolizing an old idea as if it's slicing bread horizontally.

Onca again, I reiterate. THERE IS MORE TO THIS QUAD THAN THE AUTO TRANY. It's not the Auto Trany they are "Idolizing"!!! It's the whole package. I would even venture to guess that if it had a Manual Trans, they would Love it even more.

Old 02-28-2003, 01:32 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

True statement, but they arent downplaying the auto tranny at all. No one especially Dirty Wheels thinks autos are for true sport quads, but now it seems to be acceptable on this one. THAT WAS MY GRIPE ALL ALONG. Nothing really more except ruffling a few feathers. I do hope really that it holds up well and lives up to the hype. But I go back to my point that alot of young or inexperienced riders will find a way to tear up or weaken the belt drive, because eventually it will give out.

Old 02-28-2003, 02:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Ok, now i haven't read all 40+ post's because my eyes started hurting. The way I see it is first of all, Dirty wheels are idiots and are driven by $$$$. You can't really blame them, if a manufacturer wrote me a big check, I'd say nice things too. As far as the 700 goes. Yes it is the same concept as the Scrambler, but it will be in a whole new category as far as acceleration, top speed and handling goes for an auto quad. I think it's possable to make a 516lb quad that goes extemely fast, handles good, and is a blast to ride in woods and dunes and cross country. I think people are kidding themselves if they think they're gonna take the V-Force and compete in motorcross type tracks with the lighter Raptor,Z-400, Predator, Canondales etc. The torque will only over come so much of that weight. Lets face it, most of us are "weekend racers" anyhow and never see motorcross style racing. That is why the Scrambler has been so popular. The average joe can get on the 500 and beat a 400ex in a straight line race and that's the only race that really matters to most of us. And yes, Polaris needs to quit sticking by it's guns and offer independent braking control as well as the one lever design. Heck i wish my Trailboss had a seperate front brake and it only goes 40mph with a good tail wind.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 04:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Yeah, they're so similar they might as well call it a Polaris V-Force
I couldn't agree with you more Kevin. Its a heavier, shaft driven, slightly more powerful version of the Scrambler 2x4. I guess if Polaris puts their 700 twin from the Sportsman into the Scrambler it will finally be considered a sport quad as well.

I was excited about the V-force when I first heard about it. Then I heard it was heavier than my Scrambler, had less suspension travel in the rear than the 250 trailblazer, only had the HP of a Piped and air box modded Scrambler 400, and had shaft drive like the utility quads.

Old 02-28-2003, 05:08 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Originally posted by: ScramblerX
Yeah, they're so similar they might as well call it a Polaris V-Force
I couldn't agree with you more Kevin. Its a heavier, shaft driven, slightly more powerful version of the Scrambler 2x4. I guess if Polaris puts their 700 twin from the Sportsman into the Scrambler it will finally be considered a sport quad as well.

I was excited about the V-force when I first heard about it. Then I heard it was heavier than my Scrambler, had less suspension travel in the rear than the 250 trailblazer, only had the HP of a Piped and air box modded Scrambler 400, and had shaft drive like the utility quads.
Evidently you just read the part of my post you agreed with and neglected to notice it was sarcasm.

I listed the many differences between a 2x4 Scrambler and the V-Force and only the blind or envious could miss the points. Like I said, I'm a Scrambler owner and to compare a Scrambler to the V-Force is ridiculous.

Old 02-28-2003, 05:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

I listed the many differences between a 2x4 Scrambler and the V-Force
...............so what your saying is, you compared them.

Old 02-28-2003, 06:41 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

Kevin, I think Scrambler X knew that was sarcasm. I have a hard time believing you are defending it soooo much. I too hope it's a good quad, but with you being a modded scrambler owner I dont understand your thinking on this whole topic. Bubba

Old 02-28-2003, 07:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Bubba, the injected wing ding would be a trip, get a little re-mapping software like the C'Dale guys and off to the races. Kev, have you seen this thing in person? Have you poked all around from every angle? Like Scrambler X asked....have you riden it? I too am wondering why you're all spooled. All along with the Scrambler/Sport series we were all critiques. Every time I modded a piece of the machine, what was I doing, criticisizing it. It wasn't performing the way I wanted to, so I would do my best to alter it, for possible better performance. As far as the 400EX vs. Predator comment, give me a break Sparky. Bubba, I truly think the whole point was missed (gotten by most), but then again, we all have different opinions. Go ahead Kev, "Air it out" with 550lbs or so wet weight, have a nut, just please make sure you have a winch to save yourself when things go bad. Have fun with the Cruiser, shaft-driven, heavy, 2wd, machine. Kinda an exciting time with all those choices out there. Something for everyone. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 07:48 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

This thread has gotten to the point where it is becoming kind of repetitive (On both sides of the Debate).

I keep getting this picture in my head of a Dog chasing its own Tail. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 02-28-2003, 09:53 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

This gives me something to do. Theres to much snow on the ground, and this has to be the coldest winter I've been through. So a good debate on atvs gives me something to talk about. But with all this KFX talk, I would almost garrenty (sp?) if Polaris came out with a 700 Scrambler set up like the KFX with a dry weight of 516lbs, people would be hammering them hard.

Quick Reply: Polaris Killer