Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Killer

Search this Thread

Old 03-04-2003, 03:20 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Killer

Wow, I guess I should've taken vids of Tom and Jerry (the Polaris test riders) during last falls dealer show. They jumped over, and over, and over, and over, and over. Hmmm, "sport" quad with shaft drive. Keep on typin' guys, wait til you seen one in person, beware, um, er, it's kinda portly. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-04-2003, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Personally I could care less if people need to define it as a "sport" quad. I'm not going to MX with it and its already won a GNCC race. I'm sure my Scrambler is over 600lbs. wet and I can throw it around easily, so I'm sure I'll have no trouble with the 700 if I decide to get one.

Old 03-04-2003, 03:58 PM
fru
Weekend Warrior
Default Polaris Killer

You balaris guys should realize this is what the japs are the best at. They take some american made piece of crap back to the drawing board and turn it into something that will stand up to everyday use. To compare this quad to a scrambler is a little low don't you think. I didn't have to read this thread I could skip to the last page I could smell the fear from over in the yamy forum. Yep it really does smell like y'all are more than a little scarred of this beast. I gota laugh at the inteligence it takes to slamm something before its evin out. Oh ya it is out dumb me ... didn't it win the first race it was in. Well what do you know just mabe it doesn't suck like all you guys are saying. And about the magasines praising this quad and slamming polaris all along for thier laim scrambler line. You could mabe say that one magasine is wrong but I don't think thier in kahoots on this one seeing as they are all competitors. Can't say I've read a bad thing about it an any mag. Yep I have to agree with them polaris' scrambler line wasn't much to bragg about. Regardless If you like what I have to say or not ya gota admit it's kinda stupid to bash this quad till you see it in action.

Old 03-04-2003, 04:42 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

Yep, it will be bad to see my wife on her "trail mod" Scrambler toast someone. There was probably some Kaw executive that came to America and saw Ken's Sport and said, hey maybe an automatic might work, after all, look at that thing go. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] I bet they took that idea and ran with it. You dont honestly belive they just grabbed it out of thin air do you. Beside's newbie, post what you have and earn a little respect in here before bashing on a post.

Old 03-04-2003, 04:56 PM
Range Rover
Default Polaris Killer

The only reason for the CVT tranny was becuase it weighed less than a gear system (for that machine)....also, the shaft drive seems to be used becuase it works so flawlessly with the V Twin on the P650... it wasn't an attempt to copy Poo-laris... all Kawi wanted to do was get the thing out there and still weigh fairly light.

Old 03-04-2003, 05:07 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

I would expect an answer like that from someone who has 2 prairies.LOL. Obviously you havent held all the manual tranny gears out of a bike in one hand while trying to hold 2 clutches,belt and covers,and the transmission itself in the other hand. The whole clutching setup weighs more than most manual tranny complete engines. THERE IS NO COMPARISON IN WEIGHT THERE. They didnt want to redesign a new motor, so they just bumped up the Prairie powerplant.

Old 03-04-2003, 05:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Hey fru. Why is it that people like you have to ruin intelligent forums. If you would read all the threads you would have a clue. By the why where do you work? Do you work in America? Are you American? Has any memeber of your family ever worked in a factory? I don't bust on jap bikes. Try to have the same level of maturity and get off of Polaris. They must be doing something right. Thousands of Americans are feeding their families with money from building or selling these bikes. And hundreds of thousands more are enjoying riding Polaris products. I have an idea! Let's just turn our backs on the American industry! We won't buy anything made in America. And then when our parents, siblings, friends and children have no where to work we'll just blame the foriegners. I DON"T THINK SO!!!!!!!!!

Old 03-04-2003, 07:37 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Uh, hey Bubba, safe to say I hit the hornet's nest with a stick? hehe. Attention passengers, please buckle up, there may be a short period of turbulence. From your lofty perch in the clouds, take a moment to look down across America, oh, and what do we see, those are some pretty incredible sales numbers for that recreational line of ATV's called Sports/ Scramblers. Look at all the wide varieties of accessories people are installing on them to personalize their machines. When you figure some people have tripled the stock HP, and Keebler Elved a bunch of other mods, wow, look at what can be made out of this design. Now getting back to where we started....yes folks, that's goin' in one big circle (that's called a holding pattern, aviation wise) someone applies a component of it's design almost ten years later.....and after loading up a magazine exec with "Lot's 'O' Saki", it's declared "Revolutionary". (Spoken with a slur, since da good stuff hadn't worn off yet) Ding, ding. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Big stick, gotta find a big stick.

Old 03-04-2003, 08:16 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

In all seriousness, if you have been reading my posts, (It doesn't sound like it) by now you would have realized that I LIKE Polaris Quads. NO Slamming them on my part.

Will someone PLEASE tell why it is that you are all hung up with this Fairytail Dillusion that the ONLY THING the Mags (and everyone else for that matter) find "Revolutionary" about this Quad is the Auto Trany. ANYONE?

The Auto is the one thing that 4 out of 5 Quad buyers would like to change about this Quad. All anyone including the mags have said is that it works well. I have yet to see a headline "KFX700 BEST NEW QUAD OF THE YEAR DUE TO IT'S AUTOMATIC TRANY!!!". To here you guys talk, it's like the KFX700 is just a Polaris Auto Trany with 4 wheels and a seat done in Kawi Green. My argument from the begining has been that it is EVERYTHING BUT the Auto that is "Revolutionary" but it appears to be falling on Deaf ears.

modquad, You don't need a Bigger Stick to keep beating a dead horse. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I don't know if you have heard yet, but a KFX700 rider just Won the first GNCC race of the year in his class, first time out. That's a Win by someone who has ridden one, not just looked at it sitting at some Dealer Show and has determined what it Can and Can't do. Like I've been saying, "Talk is Cheap".

Old 03-04-2003, 08:50 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

KEN, ALL I CAN SAY IS LMAO[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Polaris Killer