Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris Killer

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2003, 12:39 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris Killer

Try not to view it as Kawi bashing, rather, re-emphasizing that Polaris has had this equipment out there for years, and now it's "REVOLUTIONARY"!! Ding, Ding, Skidkid is da winner by unanimous decision. Do you suppose Don King would want to corrupt this in any way? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2003, 01:39 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Originally posted by: GE4x4
RPM
Where are you getting those numbers from. As far as I know, the Kfx700 has not been dynoed yet. Also has the Prairie been dynoed. I'm just saying that because someone had there Rincon dynoed, and in stock form with stock tires, the Rincon only put out 20.4rwhp. It's hard to belive the Prairie has 40hp while the Rincon has 20hp.
The HP and Torque for the 700 are all over the Internet and in several of the Magazines. Not to mention that the Service Manager at the dealership here in town has attended several courses dealing with the 700 and has a pretty good stack of literature on it. Those are the given numbers for the KFX700. Wether or not they are Dead on right is anyones guess, but untill proven otherwise that's what we have to go with.

As far as the Prarie650 numbers go, you can find that information in several different posts on this Forum, just do a search. I think that I actually got the #'s from a post that "SHOTGUN" had made and he seems to be pretty up on the P650 stuff. Turning it the other way around, "IF" the KFX700 does make 50 rwhp, it would not be much of a stretch to figure that the Prarie650 wouldn't come in too far behind, even with all of the Detuning.

Originally posted by: modquad
Try not to view it as Kawi bashing, rather, re-emphasizing that Polaris has had this equipment out there for years, and now it's "REVOLUTIONARY"!! Ding, Ding, Skidkid is da winner by unanimous decision. Do you suppose Don King would want to corrupt this in any way? [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
I'll say it just one more time (I PROMISE [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] ). IT'S NOT THE AUTO TRANY THAT MAKES THIS QUAD "REVOLUTIONARY"!!!!! In fact it is probably the most UN-REVOLUTIONARY and for many High Performance Sport Quad fans, the most UN-APPEALING thing about this quad.

I have NO dislikes or ill-will toward Polaris. I have post at least 3 or 4 times before that I have spent quite a bit of time on a sp400 4X4 and in fact if we did not have it with us on several occasions, I would have done more walking than I care to do. Just a week or two ago, I had to have my KFX400 pulled out of a Deep A** mud hole by a Scrambler 500 4X4 that belongs to a buddy of mine. So if you are looking for an angle about my oppinions, you won't find one there.

If you can point me in the direction of the Polaris High Performance Sport Quad with a 700cc V-Twin engine, with a Single Spar race inspired Frame, A-Arm front suspension, Split Braking, 50 rwhp, 45 ftlbs of Torque, and I don't give 2 shinny Quarters if it has an Auto Trany or a Manual Trany. I will go and buy it RIGHT NOW.

Anyone? Nobody? I rests my case.

Thank you, I will be here all week, be sure and try the Buffet. Goodnight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2003, 01:47 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Polaris Killer

Originally posted by: RPM

RPM

Thank you, I will be here all week, be sure and try the Buffet. Goodnight. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Dont you mean have a good day?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2003, 05:35 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

RPM, well I did do a search and this is what I found.

These hp results are from a Dyno test conducted at the wheels during ATV magazine shootout.

1.Kawasaki Prairie (KP)650 - 31.4 hp
2.Polaris 700 (PS)- 30.2 hp
3. Yamaha Grizzly (YG)660 - 29.8 hp

So with these numbers, there saying the KFX700 has 50% more hp then the 650. I think the numbers you heard were crank hp not rwhp. So that would put the 700 with 47-49 crank hp at about 37-39rwhp.

Old 03-01-2003, 08:04 PM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Hey guys.

I've been reading all of your posts. LOL. I just find it funny...the fact that Polaris has for years had an auto "sport quad" and FINALLY they build a manual sport that kicks!!! But now look at this...finally Polaris has a manual sport quad and now Kawi is building a belt drive sport quad. Think about it. I think it's funny.

I look at the Kawi 700 as a Scrambler with more *****! Nothing more![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] Jus my opinion.

Old 03-01-2003, 08:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Off rider, that is pretty da** funny when you think about it. No, I take that back, that is extremely da** funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2003, 09:39 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Originally posted by: GE4x4
RPM, well I did do a search and this is what I found.

These hp results are from a Dyno test conducted at the wheels during ATV magazine shootout.

1.Kawasaki Prairie (KP)650 - 31.4 hp
2.Polaris 700 (PS)- 30.2 hp
3. Yamaha Grizzly (YG)660 - 29.8 hp

So with these numbers, there saying the KFX700 has 50% more hp then the 650. I think the numbers you heard were crank hp not rwhp. So that would put the 700 with 47-49 crank hp at about 37-39rwhp.

Actually, they are not Crank numbers, they are Rear Wheel hp & torque ratings. I have seen both Service Dept. releases at the local dealership, as well as reading about it on various web sites. Here is one of the sites. KFX 700 info (near the bottom of the page)

Also, if you figure that a Stock Raptor has around 35 rwhp, and "IF" what SportQuad.com says is true, that the KFX700 will beat a Raptor by 2 tenths in a 200 meter race, considering that the 700 comes in at 118lbs more than a Raptor, I don't think that doing so with only 2 to 5 more rwhp than a Raptor is possible. Just a point of interest, (In theory) in the world of Drag Racing every 100lbs will cost you a tenth in your ET.

None of us has had the opportunity to put a KFX700 on a dyno, so we have to go by the information that we are given and until proven otherwise, that is what I am doing.

Old 03-01-2003, 09:42 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Originally posted by: Bubba297
Off rider, that is pretty da** funny when you think about it. No, I take that back, that is extremely da** funny[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Even I can see the Humor in that. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-01-2003, 09:55 PM
RPM
Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Hey Bubba297,

LOOK WHAT YOU HAVE DONE!!! This D*M Thread is getting ready to go to 5 pages! I had no idea that we could stack this much Crap this high. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-02-2003, 12:53 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Default Polaris Killer

Yeah, the funny part is that there is maybe one page worth even reading.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Polaris Killer