Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Tiny Tach??

Search this Thread

Old 03-06-2003, 01:50 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiny Tach??

Thanks Aussie
Very much appreciate the quick response. It's great that so many are tuned in when others are looking for a little help.
[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2003, 12:30 AM
Trailblazer
Default Tiny Tach??

Warning!
Just checked out the website for Tinytach.com, the tach will not work Polaris machines because of the triple firing sequence. You will just be wasting your money. Got a lead on this from another forum seems they fail to tell you this until after the fact. I am going to try and contact Cabela's and let them know to add a note to that affect.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Ride Hard get dirty.

Old 03-08-2003, 02:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach??

I also read that on another forum, but they said that they contacted TinyTach and was told that It would work on 4 wheelers, but not snowmobiles. I know for a fact that Aaen performance offers the Tiny Tach, so it has to work. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-08-2003, 11:52 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tiny Tach??

The problem apparently affects all polaris products with the CDI ignition. This system fires 3 times on every cycle but they haven't been able to adapt their unit for it. Check out the web site Tinytach.com they state it will not work with Polaris or Arctic Cat machines. Too bad it did sound like a good deal.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2003, 12:03 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach??

Yeh, I have also seen that on their site, but I don't think It is true for ATV. If you will go to ATV Nation.com and look in the Polaris forum, you will find a post similar to this one and that Is what I am going by. Hope this helps. Also, I am SURE Aaen would not sell It if It didn't work and all they sell is for Polaris.

Old 03-09-2003, 10:25 AM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach??

Hotseat Performance, a big supplier of aftermarket parts and mods for
Polaris, also sells the Tiny Tach for $59.95!

Old 03-09-2003, 01:12 PM
Range Rover
Default Tiny Tach??

I have the tiny tach on my 03 scrambler and it works great. Simple hook up. I mounted it right by the kill switch. The dealer told me it would work perfectly with it and it has.

Old 03-09-2003, 09:46 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tiny Tach??

It appears I may be wrong, I will look into it further. Nez02 did you hook it up on the spark plug wire as they say to do. Thanks for the responses it shows how tuned in this group is to the problems and questions by others.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 03-09-2003, 09:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach??

So, I am wondering if the tach from Cabellas is a different model from the one that Aaen sells. I would like to pay $34 for the Cabellas one rather than $55 for the Aaen version

Old 03-09-2003, 10:43 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tiny Tach??

Yo BIGBAD
I am just starting my research on this. So far I have found 2 types of Hour/Tachs that Cabela's sells, one is by TinyTach and the other is by SenDec. I have emailed both companies for clarification on if and which models will work on the Polaris 4 stroke. As soon as I get a response I will post it for all. It would be great to clear this up so everyone can be sure they are not wasting money on items that are not any good for their Atv. Accessories for are machines are expense enough so if we can find a good product at a fair price we all can benefit.

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Tiny Tach??