Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Tiny Tach??

Rockwalker, sounds great. Please keep us informed. Later

Old 03-09-2003, 11:15 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach??

G'day guys.
For lots of info relating to tachos, try the search icon for tacho.

Thanks from down under, Geoff.

Old 03-09-2003, 11:46 PM
Range Rover
Default Tiny Tach??

Rockwalker i wrapped mine around the spark plug wire 4 times like they said to. Then cut off the access. I found out from my neighbor that if you do not cut off the access it won't work right. He found this out the hard way. I still have the instructions i can scan them and mail them to you if you would like. They tell you how to hook it up what model you need and why. Hope i can help

Keith

Old 03-10-2003, 09:41 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tiny Tach??

Just got an email back from SenDec I need to know the maximum rpm my atv will put out , can anyone help.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 12:26 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tiny Tach??

Just got an answer back from SenDec, the model that Cabela's sells will work on any Polaris machine with a maximum RPM of 7000. It is listed at Cabela's site under Marine-Instrument/accessories and the Hour/Tach retails for $39.99. Whenever I get a response from Tiny Tach I will post the results.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 02:43 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach??

Bigbad, I didn't see anyone respond to your Digitron question. I think Hot Seat used to sell them, also, you can go direct to Exhaust Gas Technologies. Also VDO sells a compact analogue unit ( the one HPD used to market) They are compact, and very accurate.

Old 03-11-2003, 04:40 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach??

Thanks for the info guys. I found a company that has a tach that will work for engines with 6 pulses per rev. (such as polaris atvs). It is called Westach
It has a black bezel, black dial with white lettering. Its 2" in diamter and is available in full sweep or 90 degree sweep. The tach 2CTH8A-2/6 is $87.90. Lighting kit for night time use is 186 $4.00. That is what "Tachman" told me. Sounds like a nice unit. Unfortunely I dont want to spend that much when I can get a digital for $40. The dial tach is easier to read, but I dont know how weather resistent it is. I would like to hear what TinyTach has to say before I get the Sundec. Later

Old 03-11-2003, 10:46 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default Tiny Tach??

I run one from Aaen on my Xplorer and have had no problems. It was very helpful in setting up the clutch engagement at the right rpm after extensive engine modifications.

Old 03-20-2003, 02:03 PM
Trailblazer
Default Tiny Tach??

Well I've given up trying to get an answer back from Tinytach, even tried to get a response from Hotseat who sell it, not impressed. SenDec is the only one who had the courtesy of responding and in my books that is the company I should be dealing with. I leave the decision up to your individual tastes. If anyone has been able get more info on Tinytach pleases let me know.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img]

Old 03-20-2003, 02:18 PM
Pro Rider
Default Tiny Tach??

I don't know what the difference is between the TinyTach and the Pure Polaris Tach, but I have had no problems with mine. No, it doesn't respond as fast as a mechinical tach, but at top end or for setting idle, and for maintance it works great. I have pictures of my installation, took about 30 minutes to install.

Quick Reply: Tiny Tach??