Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Pred paddle tire question

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 01:08 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Pred paddle tire question

I was thinkin about getting some Kenda Geckos for my Predator. They come in 21x11-8,9,10. I dont know what is better...small wheel or bigger wheel. I've heard that you get more flotation from an 8 in. wheel, but you get more bite with a 10 in. wheel. So what is better more flotation or more bite in the sand?? Any advice? Thanks

Old 03-10-2003, 03:30 AM
Weekend Warrior

I agree, get skat-trak haulers. 20-10-8, 16lbs each with 1.90 aluminum rims. They are light and get great hook up.

Old 03-10-2003, 04:24 PM
Pro Rider

Everyone I've seen with Gecko's on higher horsepower bikes do not like them.
I am running Sand Skate II's on mine (10" wheel), they defiantly hook the power to the sand.....

Old 03-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

Well, I ordered Geckos today despite everyones apparent disliking. They look to me like they should hook up pretty good. I wasn't looking to drop $250 for tires I am using once a year and at mud drag races. I hope they are here before the weekend though and will let you know how they perform for me.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 12:00 AM
Weekend Warrior

Hey which paddles also give great straight line climbing traction and good turning? This is why I was looking at the geckos because they were supposed to do that, but i might be wrong. Will the Sand Skate II's do this?? Also what about the GBC Sand Sharks...arent those just like the SSII's? If I were to get the Sand Skates or Hauler's, 8 or 10 in. wheel? Thanks

Old 03-11-2003, 02:06 PM
Elite Pro Rider

geckos aren't the best choice but for a cheap tire they are ok, and yes i have a set, they went on the kids blaster. i still think they are the ones as far as cheap tires go[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-11-2003, 09:32 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: MFGrizzly660
Hey which paddles also give great straight line climbing traction and good turning? This is why I was looking at the geckos because they were supposed to do that, but i might be wrong. Will the Sand Skate II's do this?? Also what about the GBC Sand Sharks...aren't those just like the SSII's? If I were to get the Sand Skates or Hauler's, 8 or 10 in. wheel? Thanks
The Sand Skate II's are a very good all around tire, much better than the Sand Sharks. I would run the 10" wheel, mainly because they look better.

Sand tire test

As far as a cheaper tire thats comparable to the Gecko (IN PRICE ONLY!), Jims Sand toys in Waynoka sells the Turbo paddle, its a straight paddle, molded, 8 paddles, mounted on rims for $159.00. This tire hooks up well enough we had to take them off of two 400ex's as they were bogging the motors down. I would have put them on the Predator but I had the Skate II's already.

Jim's
They are not listed on his website but give em a call...

Picture of Turbo Paddle

Firehawk1970 - I know your coming to Snake Hunt, just pay for and pickup your tires @ Jim's when you arrive. People do it all the time.............
Oh, strongly consider fronts for a Predator, mine would not turn with the sand tires on the back!

Denny

Old 03-11-2003, 09:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the info. I'll probably get the SII's with the 10 inch wheel. Does it really make a difference on the SSII with a 8 or 10 inch wheel? Thanks alot

Old 03-11-2003, 11:43 PM
Pro Rider

I went with the strait Roosters on Douglas Ultimate wheels. Haven't tried them on sand yet, but plan to at the Snake hunt. The wheel and tire are suprisingly light for such a durable combo.

I hope the Razr fronts will work well in the sand.

Old 03-12-2003, 09:12 AM
Pro Rider

firehawk1970 crap you should have ordered the paddle masters if your playing in the mud! has anyone seen how thick the paddle is? i bet you could use it for a dirt tire! lol

turbo bobby

Quick Reply: Pred paddle tire question