Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

STOLEN! Polaris Sportsman 600

Search this Thread

Old 03-10-2003, 05:47 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default STOLEN! Polaris Sportsman 600

This is very hard to write about as i'm still very upset about losing my ATV to thieves in the night. But maybe it will keep someone from my fate, i hope so! Using hindsight here's some things i would do. Be sure to have the right insurance. Don't be like me & think your regular homeowners policy will cover your ATV ,it won't. Buy strong chain & locks, something like the Kryptonite "Fahgettaboudit" New York chains & locks, i've now learned about , but too late. Go to the Utility ATV thread ,securing my ATV. Lock your gates , install security lights, install a security device on your ride, as good as you can afford, also on any buildings where you store it. Put a motion detector in your drive so you'll know when anyone enters your driveway, have a monitor in your bedroom at night. Be aware of anyone who may be casing the area, so they can pick their targets & come back in the wee hours of the morning. Get a good dog or two that will let you know if someone is around, not one that barks at the moon & you won't pay any attention to. The thieves that got mine were very brazen, to say the least. The things i've mentioned are not a guarantee, there are none. Just a deterrent. I don't sleep very well at night anymore, maybe the next time they visit me , they'll get more than they bargained for, enough said! I'm sure this forum will have even more good info , as it is a mostly great place to come to for answers. It was very hard to come up with the money
to purchase my ATV & all the equiptment i had , about $8000 . I don't know how i can replace it. They not only stole my ATV , they stole my dream .
Regards,
Jerico1

Old 03-10-2003, 06:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Man that sucks! I am really sorry so hear about that. I hope they catch those punk bastards![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Old 03-10-2003, 06:22 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

I hate to hear it Jerico.....very sad story.

I pity the person that tries to steal my babies[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

You can come to Seattle and ride the Scram anytime!!

good luck recovering the bike!!

Old 03-10-2003, 06:23 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

oh yeah,,,,,what was it

any pics

Old 03-10-2003, 06:25 PM
Pro Rider

I have a few Ideas as to what I would like to do to them punks....sorry about your quad....

Old 03-10-2003, 06:36 PM
Pro Rider

thieves suck!!!

Old 03-10-2003, 06:44 PM
Range Rover

Jerico1, sorry about your loss[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] You need to pester your insurance agent to get him to cover it with your homeowners policy. A buddy of mine had his quad ripped-off out of his garage and it took awhile but he got his homeowners policy to cover it, just gotta pester em. All of your proposed security options are excellent advice but I still use the ultimate theft deterent and it hasent let me down yet and they are still taking a bite outta crime, my doberman pincher and my great dane dogs have protected my property for 7 years now and have deterred their share of crooks off of my property. One punk(he was 21) tried to SUE me for letting my dog chew on him while I waited for the cops to come, poor guy really learned his lesson, he got like 40 some stiches from my dobbie chewin on his legs and arms. Needless to say the lawsuit he filed was thrown out and the judge told him he was lucky he only got chewed up and not shot.

Trending Topics

Old 03-10-2003, 06:45 PM
Pro Rider

If a thief wants your ride he's probably going to get it. This is what I've done to give myself a little piece of mind. I installed a hidden toggle to cut out the ignition circuit so that a key will not work. I have also installed a cheap alarm system which makes alot of noise if the quad is touched. I keep it locked up in an alarmed shed. I also have a good insurance policy just in case. Sorry to hear about your loss.

Old 03-10-2003, 07:13 PM
BK
Pro Rider

I had a machine stolen years ago ('87). Bugged the heck out of the insurance agent who wasn't going to cover it. Finally made the case that I used it for yardwork and they paid off.

Old 03-10-2003, 07:44 PM
Trailblazer

man that sucks, just went and hooked a gernade on a trip wire by mine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: STOLEN! Polaris Sportsman 600