Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Predator White Brother E Pipe

Search this Thread

Old 03-19-2003, 03:12 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Predator White Brother E Pipe

Just to let everyone know, there have been some (not may reported yet) problems with the e-series pipe for the Predator (the one you get from Pure Polaris or your dealer). If you are using the quiet core with your discs, the pipe that is welded onto the plate is breaking off and falling into the silencer. I had it happen to me. There are only two welds holding it onto the plate, top and bottom. There was only one weld that was actually holding mine to the plate, the other never touch the plate, just the meshing around the small pipe. Easy fix with a wire welder, but from what I understood, several people that contacted White about popping, come to find out that was the cause, the silent core broke off and fell into the silencer. I never heard popping, just took off the discs to inspect the packing and saw it broke off.

Old 03-19-2003, 03:55 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks, I'm beatin' cheeks out to the shop and firin' up da welder.

Old 03-19-2003, 08:50 PM
Pro Rider

lol, and when it happens, you need a long magnet on a stick!!! Just don't do what I did and let the pipe cool first!!!! OUCH!

Old 03-19-2003, 09:05 PM
Trailblazer

Hi everyone,

Very interesting. There is no way on earth that my poppig is caused by quiet core insert. How can W/B even begin to suggest that might be the cause. Mine pops when it has nothing at all on the end, the USFS plate, or any other myriad of combinations of plates, discs, or end caps...

How totally odd.....I am more and more convinced than ever that many of us with popping issues have a bad CDI box. The scoop is that with a better box, the motor totally changes it's performance curve and just screams!!!! Supposedly all the way up to 10,000 rpm without a hiccup...

There are several companies out there working on new CDI boxes, and I know that will be my next $$$ outlay, well, except for a new Yoshimura full exhaust system...That should be out in about a month...they're doing final fit and jetting work now....

Good luck to all,

JJ

Old 03-19-2003, 09:21 PM
Pro Rider

Not all popping was caused by it, but people experienced popping after it broke off. I might not have said that right before. People were contacting WB about it breaking off and THEN causing popping. I myself have never had any popping at all, with the K&N and WB Silencer, no jetting changes and no airbox mods.