Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

hpd or rcr or dg 250 trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 03-23-2003, 07:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default hpd or rcr or dg 250 trailblazer

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] hi all I have read alot of messages about these pipe manufactures but not the dg whys that and what should I expect in gains when purchasing one of these pipes. I mean changing nothing but the pipe and of course jeting if i install one of these and jetted correct will i be able to hang the front 8-9" for a little bit or not i guess what i am saying is how much am i really going to notice because the prices on these babies are not cheap thank you.

Old 03-23-2003, 07:27 PM
Range Rover

i just put on a rcr stage 1 kit.... runs awesome like all the other post have said like night and day... hpd is almost the same maybe a little better according to the other post....... go to site www.rittercycle.com and look... he sells hpd too.........

Old 03-23-2003, 08:14 PM
Pro Rider

Tweeker,,,I would go with HPD or RCR,,,both are very good and yes,,you will notice a BIG differance in low end power and will have no problem in picking the front wheels off the ground...
You will have to put a clutch kit in as well,,,,not sure what just a pipe will do for you if anything (never tried it)...
You can also gain some bottom end buy just dropping down to a 20 inch tire in the rear,,that's what I run and it did make a differance.....

Spanky--------out

Old 03-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

DG sucks monkey nuts!

My bro put a DG pipe on his 250 Explorer..it sucked! LOST power and was WAY too loud and annoying!

Go with one of the others!

Old 03-23-2003, 08:30 PM
Pro Rider

Just buying a pipe is not going to improve your ride a lot. A clutch kit
from the same maker as the pipe is always your best bet. Dg pipes in
the past just made noise with no HP gains.

Old 03-23-2003, 10:08 PM
Range Rover

so just doing the pipe won't gain much? ok how about mill the head and trail port still talking the stock clutching.

Old 03-23-2003, 10:16 PM
Range Rover

If you go with the RCR stage one kit the only clutching change will be the primary spring. When you start talking about shaving the head and trail port with the stage one kit you are definately talking about more power. There are alot of guys on this site with the 250's and those mods and they seem to be very happy.

Old 03-23-2003, 10:56 PM
Range Rover

i hear alot of people say to put the white primary spring from a scramy? what is the engagement rpm with stock blue versus the white on a 03'
250 trailblazer

Old 03-23-2003, 11:22 PM
Pro Rider

The best thing for you to do is get a clutch kit that is made for the pipe you will be using and any other mods you may have or get. DG does not do Polaris... stay away from them. Go with Aaen, HPD, or RCR. Get everything from the same place and you can't go wrong, but If you go messing with your clutch and don't know what you are doing, you can really mess that thing up. The best advise, like I said, is to go with one company (the three above) and stick with them and get the clutching for what you modify.

Old 03-24-2003, 08:54 PM
Range Rover

see the thing is i just designed and manufactured a pipe for this quad and the clutching is stock i have ported it but not done any raising of the ports except widend the exhaust and milled the head all of the transfer ports are untuched just blended the bottom of the cylinder ports, stock carb. From a dead stop there is a slight bog but have a spring coming on wed to clear that up if i pin it it will roll about four feet and pick the frontend up a foot and hang there for about 25-30 feet and still pulling so just wondering about how it compares to the other pipes out there.

Quick Reply: hpd or rcr or dg 250 trailblazer