Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Modifying the 250 trailblazer?

Search this Thread

Old 03-27-2003, 09:26 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Modifying the 250 trailblazer?

Ok i've been thinking bout this for about a year now i actually think im going to do it. I am planing on getting a rcr stage 1 kit for my 2000 trailblazer. How long does it take to get this kit, I live in IL which Rick's shop is also located in. And how hard is it to install this kit. I have heard 2-3 hours if your good with your quad, I've never done anything like this before im 16. Does Rick send anything such as directions with this kit? Would i need any special tools to get this job done or make it easier to accomplish? And while im working on it i figure I should also prolly rebuild the top-end, never done this either but i've read alot about it though. Any tools to make this easier either? I'll most likely bore it .020 over does that sound good? Im prolly going to go with the Wiseco kit for that. I am somewhat intimidated by the work to be done but im confident i can do it. I am also getting some new tires the ol' AT 489's dont have much left as far as tread goes. What do you think about razr's, holeshots, or bandits? Also what size for these i'll most likely go 20" back 22" front unless u can change my mind? Ok i know there are alot of ?'s, so just answer whatever u can. Thank u guys so much for helping me out here. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-27-2003, 09:45 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

I have a highly moded Tb that makes it well worth the work and effort that was put into it. The RCR kit is a great and very easy to install. It should take about 2hrs. It dont take alot of mechanical experience to install it. You should be able to install it. Just remember you put it together the same way you took it apart. He does send directions with the kit and if you had any questions he will personally help you on the phone. It should only take a couple of days to get the kit if he is in the same state. Now the hard part is the boring and if you get it bored you might as well get it ported. This is a huge performance increase. 20 over is fine. That way if you ever need to get it rebuilt you have some room to get it bored even bigger to save from puting a new sleeve in it. If you start with a bigger bore like 40 over there wont be much left to workwith in the future. The tires are a good choice but if you want to save some money I would go with the carlisle badlands. They are the same tire as the razors,holeshots and bandits. But alot cheaper. If you go with a smaller tire you will loose some top end speed but gain alot of bottom end. The RCR kit will get you up to around 58-60 mph. Stock is around 50. Thats a huge jump in top speed with some kick a$$ bottom end. If you ever need advise on TB mods just ask. Me and Talonhawk are pretty much the TB mod experts. Most other owners have the 400. Also Bubba297,Modquad,Ced and some others are pretty familliar with the mods. Bubba 297 would be the person to go to get your porting done.

Old 03-27-2003, 10:26 PM
Pro Rider

Hey a 34mm carb is also an added benefit to the TB and I just happen to have one, let me know if you are interested.

Old 03-27-2003, 10:37 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Oh yah we cant forget about the carb. The carb does also make a big difference. If you do the RCR stage 1 kit then get a 34mm from a scrammy. It is a direct bolt on. You just need to change the jets and choke plunger.

Old 03-27-2003, 11:25 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks for the info guys , if anyone else has a comment i would love to hear it [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
p.s. How much do u want for the carb NCscrambler ?

Old 03-28-2003, 01:34 AM
Pro Rider

trailblazerRider, you have a private message.

Old 03-28-2003, 09:49 AM
Pro Rider

Sounds like your on the right track.

Ricks good people! Tell him what your trying to accomplish and he'll take care of you. I called up Rick and told him what I wanted to do, I was ready to order a stage 1 kit, but after talking with him I made a few changes to my order to get the performance I was looking for. I'm going to use Rick throughout my entire mod project (and future projects,too).

Check out rockymountainatv.com for tire packages, they to seem first rate. They warrentied a set of tire for me that were over a year old - that's incrediable.

Old 03-28-2003, 08:30 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks!!!!!! 2manytoys im not familiar with this choke plunge you are talking about. If someone could explain it to me i would really appreciate it. And how much of an improvement would it be if i had Bubba do some porting? Also NCscrambler would the air box mod that comes with the rcr kit work with a 34 mm carb your offering me? .............Thanks guys[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 03-28-2003, 08:58 PM
Range Rover

HEY I PUT THE LOW - MID PIPE ON MY TRAILBLAZER . DAMN DIDNT KNOW IT COULD DO A WHEELIE...... PUT ON A 34MM CARB I BOUGHT OFF OF MODQUAD..... WHEW ITS AWESOME.... U WILL NOT BE DISAPPOINTED.... LISTEN TO MODQUAD.... AND 2MANYTOYS THEY KNOW THERE STUFF ........

Old 03-29-2003, 12:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

You have to change the brass choke fitting from the stock 30 mm carb to the 34mm brass fitting. Make sure you get this fitting with the 34mm carb. The fittings do not interchange. You can run the air filter mod from rcr with the 34mm carb or if you are sure you are going to get the 34mm then tell rick to give you the mod for the 34mm instead of the 30mm. As for the porting goes it is the next biggest improivement you can do. If you have felt what it is like just puting a pipe on the 250, well the porting is like doubleing the power. Bubba does really good work and your machine wont be down for long. He has it back to you in a week. The porting and carb change really work great together. You will notice the most performance from the pipe and then adding the porting and carb. The 250's can really be quick just be patient and take your time if you dissmantle the engine. It really is not hard to do the work. And if you have any doubts or concerns dont hesitate to ask. You will get the info that you are looking for.

Quick Reply: Modifying the 250 trailblazer?