Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Can we handle the Rubicon?

Search this Thread

Old 04-25-2000, 07:39 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

When the screen goes out you put the manual foot shifter on and keep on going.

Old 04-25-2000, 07:41 PM
Range Rover

Polaris needs to send you a T-shirt for that post.

Old 04-25-2000, 08:44 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sure that the Rubicon will be a nice machine. I'm also sure that some of the magazines (especially 4WA) will proclaim it the best. I don't think that the transmission will remotely resemble the Hydrostatic tranny on garden tractors. This is a semi-new design, simmilar to the drive found on the 1977 Hondamatic CB 750A. Frankly, I don't buy Polaris machines so I can shift, I wouldn't buy a Honda so that I couldn't. But that's just me.

Old 04-25-2000, 10:03 PM
Weekend Warrior

Yes we can handle the 1970's technology that the Rubican has. When Polaris started the automatic four-wheeler every other manufacture laughed at them. Now everyone has "copied" the auto. The rubican is just Hondas way of coping Polaris but in a way other than a belt.

Old 04-25-2000, 11:08 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Andy,you and I allways seem to agree,but we dont on the grease zert thing though.Now,myself?I have had problems with non greaseable sealed bearings before.My brother John just spent 400 dollars on his 97 KQ to have all the rear wheel bearings replaced,parts and labor.I can see your point to,you have some pretty old quads with no grease related problems.Me?Im sticking to my greaseable zerts.====BILL

Old 04-25-2000, 11:41 PM
Range Rover

yeah i heard from someone i jsut don't remember who
that is does have a transmision like that..

Old 04-25-2000, 11:47 PM
Pro Rider

I don't think there is anything to "handle". If you want a Polaris, Honda, Yamaha, Arctic Cat, Suzuki, Bombardier, Max (did I say that?), then you should get what suits you. Nobody is going to make you spend your money against your will. And, you should not try to impose your needs, wants, desires or personal prferences on others.
I think the mags will be very preferential toward it because of the "gee whiz" factor of the transmission and engine and the fact that Honda does not come out with new models very often. I am not saying that is warranted or not, but that is the way it is.
Finally, Walexa, you do realize your Polaris' engine is of Japanese origin and that Honda has expanded its manufacturing plant in Timmonsville, SC to manfacture (cast, machine and assemble) its engines in the United States. If you want to buy "American Made", you may have to switch brands. I, persoanlly, could not care less about country of origin. I would rather have someone paying attention to their job rather than watching the clock or hungover from the weekend.

Old 04-25-2000, 11:48 PM
Pro Rider

While we beat each other up Kawaski is rumored to be comming out with a new improved 600,.. and Yamaha's new 600 sport quad!!...
I bought my Honda for what it Does well...not for all the stuff it does'nt need...water cooling..Hondas NEVER overheat.......nnnnnno Maintaince hassels with radiators and water pumps
Hondas crummy brakes seem to work and last for YEARS...if zerks allow grease ,can water get in?
And I paid 5800 w/tax n'1st year reg.,
For $7000 the new rubicon HAS TO BE BETTER not just equal to Polaris...or Honda's laid an EGG!
When will everone discover that More Doesn't= Better..if you can't build it under 600lbs.. at least try for under 700lbs..
"THAT DARN 2/4 switch"...Honda can YOU read !!!
I saved the best for last...when can we have a 2 year factory warranty..for the price we pay???
ps.try not to tourch something before it comes out ,I don't think you have that much to worry about..besides if your happy with your bike...who cares!!
RIDE SAFE AND WATCH FOF NEWBIES...it's that time of year..

Old 04-25-2000, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider
Old 04-25-2000, 11:50 PM
Pro Rider

Sorry bout the 2 extra post,,,must be very buggy tonight!!

Quick Reply: Can we handle the Rubicon?