Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Got my Predator add on's

Search this Thread

Old 04-12-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Got my Predator add on's

Hi all,
I just picked up some predator add ons and am wondering if anyone has any advice before I put them on? I have the front grab bar,nerfs,and skids.( pure polaris of coarse ) Any dos and donts would be appreciated. thanks

Old 04-12-2003, 05:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Make sure to put blue loctite on bolts that don't have a locking nut. Also on the front frame plate for the nerfs, there's a little notch in the bracket....that goes towards the oil tank. Really easy installations.

Old 04-12-2003, 08:28 PM
Pro Rider

Thanks Modquad,
I installed the add ons with no problem. The only thing is after I installed them I started it up for about 3 min. it started fine. I hopped on it to turn it around and got about 25 ft. and it stalled. I checked the gas shut off hopeing I left it in the off posision but it was on. I then noticed the fan was on and it was very hot. (engine).So then I tried and tried to start it but no luck untill I choked it ,then it high reved for about 5 seconds so I shut down. I decided to do the one hour oil and filter change since It got me frustated. I am not knowlagable at all with 4 strokes but I smelled gas in the oil. Is this normal?? I went ahead and did the oil change and then tried to start it, no luck. Someone please tell me that this is not a major problem....and is an easy fix.

please note; this is a predator with less than one hour on it

Old 04-12-2003, 08:56 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Had you left the gas on during your accessory install? And did this include tipping the machine up on it's rear to install those skid-plates? It's kinda sounding like you flooded it. Let it sit, cool down and stabilize, with the fuel shut off, then give it a try.

Old 04-12-2003, 09:02 PM
Pro Rider

I didn't tip it too much because I was reading other posts about gas spilling out and staining the seat. I will take your advice and see what happens in the morning. Thanks again.

Also I see why you praise polaris accessories, the are simple to install and look great.

Old 04-12-2003, 09:26 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Something went bump in the night, my first reply disappeared. Here goes again, try a golf tee in the fuel vent hose. Then you can tip the machine all day long.....just remember that fuel valve shut -off thing though.

Old 04-13-2003, 03:27 PM
Pro Rider

Well Modquad, I woke up this morning and went to my shop to start it but no luck. I noticed I didnt smell any gas so I removed the gas hose from the fuel pump were it comes from the tank. Noticed no fuel came out with the gas valve open....so I turned it over to the reserve pos. and welaa; gas poured out.I opened the gas cap on the tank and seemed to have plenty of fuel in it so I am stumped?? I may be reading the shut off wrong or something. but it only works when the arrow is facing up on the shut off..

It is running now .
By the way when do you want to sell your book with all the bolt demencions(sp).eather that or put together a kit with titanium bolts to sell?

Old 04-13-2003, 06:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

I'm still working on switching some things over. Mainly whats left are those long engine mount bolts (3 of them) and I might do some changing on the engine case. My Sport has to get back together now though. Gonna polish the trans and engine like Bill Maloney did to his.....I must've gotten hynotized by his pics. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]