Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Anyone try and polish out scratches on Troy Lee Plastic?

Search this Thread

Old 04-17-2003 | 01:22 PM
|
Pro Rider
Default Anyone try and polish out scratches on Troy Lee Plastic?

Hello,

I was wondring if anyone tried polishing out any scratches in their plastic on the Troy Lee Predators yet? I have a nasty rub mark and would hate to damage anything by taking the buffer to it. If I can't fix it I will not replace the stickers.

I think it will be able to be buffed out because after flipping over the front cab I saw the metallic was in the plastic and not a clear coat. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Just wondering if anyone has tried it yet. Grrrr Buy the Troy Lee cause you think it looks sweet and then roll it. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Not one stress mark in the plastic though and it was even 4 below out that morning. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-17-2003 | 02:04 PM
Elite Pro Rider

TLD, I know I probably suggest this a lot, but if you get some 3M marine vinyl protectant from Walmart. Wipe it on, wait about 20 minutes (it flows out), she'll shine like new. It'll help hide the scratches.

Old 04-19-2003 | 11:35 AM
|
Pro Rider

It's not really a scratch though. It's a wierd rough raised rub mark. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img] Hmmm... Maybe if I rubb it out then apply the 3M marine vinyl protectant that might just finish it off. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Then I have to worry about then I Flame treat the decal area like the service manual says if all goes well. I have never done this so I'm in no hurry to melt my fender.

Thanks again Modquad!

Someday I hope it's me helping you instead of you always being the one doing the helping. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]