Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Polaris 600 Vs Honda Rubicon

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003, 11:31 PM
BSA
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Polaris 600 Vs Honda Rubicon

I use a Honda 450 Foreman for farm work. I use 589 MS tires. I have no problems with power or traction. It is built low and sits low. This gives it stability for work and carrying items like spray tanks and seed spreaders.

The Foreman is built like a tank and pulls like a tractor. The engine is purpose built and deliveres it's torque from idle. No need to rev the engine for any chore. No need for a low range transmission. It is geared and built for work not play.

Items like IRS are non-issues for farm work. Look for beef in the attachment of the swing arm to the rear axle. Look for beef in the front suspension. Look at the mountings for the floorboards.

Everytime your Polaris breaks down, you will be kicking yourself for not buying a Honda.

Old 04-23-2003, 07:16 AM
Range Rover

tutall,
please disregard that last post.. I believe u can ascertain the
vein in which it was written.. lot's of good information in the
previous 20 or so posts... either decision u make will do the
job very well...

Old 04-23-2003, 07:35 PM
Pro Rider

BSA, the sportsman models are probably the most heavy duty out there. Monster driveshafts, suspension, axle, tires. frame, why do you think it weighs so much.

Old 04-23-2003, 07:53 PM
Pro Rider

If a Honda Foreman is built like a tank, a SP700 is in the super tank category. I like Hondas okay but the Polaris sportsman models are very heavy duty built.

Old 04-23-2003, 08:38 PM
Range Rover

folks,

his post doesn't even deserve a reply.. he doesn't know
the meaning of objective...if we ignore him, he might go
away..

Old 04-23-2003, 11:09 PM
Pro Rider

okay, then that means that if you buy a Honda and it ever breaks down you will kick yourself for not buying the Polaris, right?
What I always tell people is to drive everything, then the machine will sell itself to you, moreso than reading what everybody says. Any machine out there will do what you want, but some may do it better. Or maybe the one you like doesn't do it best, but it gets the job done and makes you happy.

Old 04-24-2003, 09:45 PM
Pro Rider

One last thing to add, I have both a Honda, and a Polaris. The Polaris has a wider, much more comfy seat, wheras the Honda seat is harder, and narrower. It is easier to move around (as in body english for off camber trails) on the Honda, but the all day comfort edge goes to the Polaris.

Old 04-25-2003, 12:04 AM
BSA
Pro Rider

Northstar, well... actually....um........yes

Old 04-25-2003, 03:17 AM
Pro Rider

i just got the new atv action mag and thay do a long term test of the rubicon on a working ranch and the guy put over 3000 miles on it and never even changed thy oil and he said it ran as good as it did the day thay droped it off. not one breakdown now thats impressive. also i have an arctic cat 500 with a manual trans and i use it for halling horse manure and wood i plow snow and manure with it also so if your looking for a good work horse you should look at the cats too dont count them out and there about a thousand less than the rubicon, i dont know how much the polaris cost but it probly more to. plus honda and arctic cat manuals have no belts to ware out or break or get wet and squeel and so on.

Old 04-25-2003, 09:27 AM
Trailblazer

As much as I hate to say it I may have to agree with mudblaster on 1 thing. The arctic cat is a pretty good workhorse. From the type of riding he will be doing on the farm, this might just be the choice for him. My choice would be the Polaris, then the AC, then so on and so on. Of course I'm biased but thats ok so is everyone else right?? But again the Artic Cat is a WORKHORSE.

Quick Reply: Polaris 600 Vs Honda Rubicon