Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

air force kit a joke

Search this Thread

Old 04-21-2003 | 04:48 PM
Pro Rider
Default air force kit a joke

TextSP let the "jealeous" comments go. Don't make me bore these people with facts. Straight from Polaris, the deal with Gary was a one time shot, stretch the motor limits but keep it reliable (that's a quote) Nothing more, nothing less. Period
Tres, you would have to read the other posts Ken has posted about Gary to understand my comments. He feels Gary is being dishonest and posting fake results just to sell stuff. you are correct, anyone who has spent time with him know's this is not true.

Old 04-21-2003 | 04:53 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Thanks Tres, you're right, I wasn't bashing Gary, that's for you too 14. SP, as I told you in our little PM exchange, there are some longtime loyal Polaris people here, we've waited a long time for them to make this quad. These other shops (HPD, Hot Seat, Aaen, if you want to dig this up again) have all treated us very well. So if you continually come over hear from your little clubhouse, blowing smoke....you're gonna hear about it. Here's a new buzz word for you, volumetric effeciency. My main beef all along has been the lack of testing. Any shmuck can bore out a motor (or pay someone to turn his/her wrenches), but it takes time to make sure that big power won't leave a big hole in someone's wallet having to rebuild. I suggested we agree to disagree, but pal if you keep passing gas, I won't lay by my dish. It's your choice.

Old 04-21-2003 | 04:59 PM
Elite Pro Rider

One more comment. If someone would've tested their airbox mod kit further, and thought it out a little better, Jcal wouldn't be having to have Gary "try" to warranty hardware running through a motor. By the way, Polaris does read this forum. Warranty fraud kinda comes to mind here. Jcal, sorry about that, but you can thank SP. Wanna play? Don't try to screw the people that busted their butts to give us this machine. It's called loyalty, yea, sometimes I bring it to extremes, deal with it.

Old 04-21-2003 | 05:04 PM
Trailblazer

Thanks Tres, you're right, I wasn't bashing Gary, that's for you too 14.
Translation?

Well I don't want to mess up you two's debate here..... But , At least Gary has something.....
didn't see too many others racing to help us out......

BTW...... How bout those LAKERS !!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-21-2003 | 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad, see here you go showing what an idiot you are, Gary never said he was going to warranty this engine through Polaris, He will stand behind his products and make things right though. You are correct in the other statement, could have been a better design, But as far as your comment about wanting to play, I am in, let's play, I can assure you Gary runs a reputable business, he will not mind Polaris reading every word. But once again you made an accusation without any facts. You have been the biggest Anit-Superbike shop person on this site, Do i need to pull up your old post to remind you. You and me do seem to dis agree on just about everything, so bash me, not Gary and his business, I aim my comments directly toward you, not the business you support.

Old 04-21-2003 | 05:20 PM
JGL
Trailblazer

This always gets sooo intresting. First of all not giving the consumer the jet # info is unfair. How many of you have to adjust your jets for different temps, running conditons etc? Rath (who yes we all know for sure is under contract with Polaris) sells a jet/ air box mod kit for $65 with three pages of instructions and more then one jet in the kit with yes they have #'s on them. No big secrets just trying to pass on what he has learned. As for dis-crediting him all he talks about is dyno #'s he can't post and top secret Polaris deals. Then he goes on about Polaris warranty issues- yes there is a thing called warranty fraud. SP700 RACER you go on to rip on Modquad about his contacts not being reliable and not knowing facts, other then Gary himself you do you get your info from? Are you sure they are the facts? JJGI5150 states it correctly nobaody should have to defend who they choose to do business with but take a look at these posts there is only one guy on a soapbox preaching Gary Gary Gary. Want to talk facts please come up with something more reliable then" Gary Says"

Old 04-21-2003 | 05:22 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: SP700RACER
Modquad, see here you go showing what an idiot you are,
That was real smart of you and your calling him an idiot.

Chet

Old 04-21-2003 | 05:29 PM
Pro Rider

Chet, I don't get your point here. And before anyone starts accusing someone of warranty fraud, you better make sure you have some evidence. JGL get a clue man.

Old 04-21-2003 | 05:35 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: SP700RACER
Chet, I don't get your point here. And before anyone starts accusing someone of warranty fraud, you better make sure you have some evidence. JGL get a clue man.
reread your own post.

This thread will head south and name calling doesn't get your point across at all.

Old 04-21-2003 | 05:39 PM
JGL
Trailblazer

SP700 - thanks for answering my questions about your info sources, just like Gary the heat is on and insults fly and subject gets dropped. I remember fondly the post on Garys webpage calling everytone else pissants and that he knows the truth when people questioned his creditibilty. Very professional!

Quick Reply: air force kit a joke