Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

air force kit a joke

Search this Thread

Old 04-22-2003 | 12:43 AM
RIP Dear Friend
Default air force kit a joke

Originally posted by: jcal
maybe you can tell me where i said gary will warranty the motor?? looked but couldn't find it.
I couldn't find it!!!!

Old 04-22-2003 | 01:14 AM
Trailblazer

Hi again everyone,

This is better than E-Television!...Over 75 replies and almost 600 views!!! Maybe out there someone who has an A/F kit installed can answer my prevoius question, and tell me what the CFM air flow of the A/F kit is. Pressure resonance, air turbulance, reverbration, air flow velocity, teeny-weenie snorkel, or whatever, I don't care about...I just want to know the answer to a simple, basic question..."What is the air flow through the A/F kit in CFM's, with the stock air filter and with the panel type K&N?" I think that is important in this most interesting debate (or is it a defamation?). Well, anyway, if any A/F kit users know, please advise, unless it is covered by a confidentiality agreement with Polaris, or is a corporate trade secret, or has some hidden national security agenda.

I believe that airflow is power, the more the better. I KNOW exactly what my intake system is capable of flowing, and I would just like to compare to the othe style of filter systems out there. Any UNI users or W/B filter users (if any really exist...), please pop in as well. I may not have the best system, but I won't really know unless the numbers are shown. I don't plan on debating dyno figures, because they are just that...debatable.

More fuel for the fire...but I would really like to know if anyone does know the answer.

Thanks,

JJ

Old 04-22-2003 | 01:14 AM
Elite Pro Rider

No big deal Chet, he's just trying to shift the focus away from himself. Same thing that happened at the dealer.

Old 04-22-2003 | 01:31 AM
RIP Dear Friend

modquad,

Jet Mechanics love their power!!

An Aircraft Mechanic has my 17 year old son's life in his hands when he is flying!!

Chet [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 04-22-2003 | 01:35 AM
Trailblazer

The air flow through the A/F kit is 475 CFM [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I'd tell ya how I know that, but........

Drama , Drama, Drama

Old 04-22-2003 | 02:19 AM
Pro Rider

JJ, I didn't like the freudian slip ( please pop in as well).
Mate, you know I'm sensitive.

Geoff.

Old 04-22-2003 | 10:20 AM
Pro Rider

JCAL did you not even read my post. I didnt say gary was fixing it under warranty. I posted what you said on Esuperbike and nothing else. Anywhere did I say he was? Why did you jump me on Esuperbike for saying you were wrong for blaming the dealer, Gary was wrong for calling them dicks, and it was not the factory fault? You make it sound now like parts were the only reason but all anyone has to do is read the post and it is very clear it was the warranty issue that made you not take it to the dealer.

As I said earlier MY GUT tells me you wish you would of kept your mouth shut and Gary was going to take care of you but it is out in the open now isnt it. I posted your original for others to read they can draw their own conclusions.

My original post in this thread was about things I have heard that make me think twice about Gary. I belive it is the 3rd post if you need to reread it JCAL. Him calling another dealer dicks for not warranting this was just stupid on his part. And he must of said it because it is right in your post. I talked to a dealer back when I had my blaster by the name of Trenga Racing and they put down every other dealer they could. When he was done I told him I was not impressed and he lost my buisness. If you have to put others down to get work you cant be that good. By the way how is his local following?

Old 04-22-2003 | 10:37 AM
Pro Rider

The mod has never been on a flowbench? Holy cow, that's the number one source for judging capabilities of a component. One other note, ask Gary to put a K&N filter on the dyno pull he compares to his airflow kit....just curious what the HP #'s would be.
First of all any large hole will flow air, but will it maintain any velocity. Flow bench can tell you CFM"s but that's just a small part of the equation. You fell for the not tested hook, line and sinker.
But if you want to see the dyno sheet, it is posted on the Superbike web page. While your there, read Meyerz post on his recent trip to the dunes with his new Superbike 580.

Old 04-22-2003 | 12:37 PM
JGL
Trailblazer

Tres - I went to Rath's website and it doesn't look like hes got them on there yet..when I ordered my Nerf's from him I asked him what else he had up his sleeve he told me about his jet kit I bought one..I really like the fact there are no bolts. One thing for the sake of conversation...Superbike has a motorcycle dyno which only allows one wheel to drive the drum/dyno...not two like a real quad dyno.. so his numbers/graph can't be accurate.

Old 04-22-2003 | 12:58 PM
Trailblazer

JGL, couple of questions......
Do you have a dyno printout on Rath's airbox kit?
You say you are not new to these boards...... Why did you change your name?
Even though what you say about Gary's dyno is untrue..... Do you believe that all 4 wheel dyno's test the same? Do all dyno testers use the same wheel/tire combinations? adjust their chain to the same tension before the test? pull the tie downs down to the exact same ft lb. ........ I am sure there are a million other ways to manipulate a dyno reading to say what ever you want it to say.

Point being I'll do my test's on a real hill with real bikes racing me.
Don't get me wrong , I do think dyno machines have their place.... That is to track performance improvements on the same bike , on the same dyno under the same conditions.

What is it that Gary has done to you that you need to try and discredit him?

Just curious

Quick Reply: air force kit a joke