Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Superbike 580 first trip to dunes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 12:45 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superbike 580 first trip to dunes.

Originally posted by: SP700RACER
No reason to start rumors and degrade a man or his business.
What is this difference between any one forum user knocking gary around and you doing the same to other users that maybe don't approve of his business or his products.

If you think everyone on these forums is going to agree with gary and his products just because you do your only kidding yourself.

Your always going to have a customer bring back a 3/4 eaten cheeseburger and say its no good.

What do you do? Do you give them another or ask them if it was so bad why did you eat that much of it.

Chet

Old 04-23-2003, 12:56 PM
Pro Rider

Speaking of partially eatin' burgers........I did that once <BIG GRINS>

Drive through window at McDonalds.

I ordered a chicken burger, but they gave me a big Mac.

I pulled around and got back in the drive through line and waited.

Meanwhile, I was still hungry, so I took the one biggest bite I could out of the burger, almost 1/2 of it gone in one big bite shaped curve.

Then I put it back in the styrofoam box and snapped it shut.

Pulled up to the window, and swapped the burger for the Mc Chicken.

to this day, I've pondered if they even bothered to look at the burger, or did they just put it back on the warming rack for the next customer.

I'd pay $20 to see the look on someones face as they were served a burger with one hurkin bite out of it.......WTF?

sorry, but I degresss.

McDonald Sucks, Burger King Rules. Which one does does your favorite speed shop mechanic eat at? Could make a difference in a couple mph on the top end.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:02 PM
RIP Dear Friend

Originally posted by: Heapster
Speaking of partially eatin' burgers........I did that once <BIG GRINS>

I'd pay $20 to see the look on someones face as they were served a burger with one hurkin bite out of it.......
Having been in the fast food business for 18 years they wouldn't do that. All returned food is tossed or saved for the cat that hangs around at night.

Haven't you seen all the fat cats?

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 04-23-2003, 01:10 PM
Pro Rider

What is this difference between any one forum user knocking gary around and you doing the same to other users that maybe don't approve of his business or his products
If you buy a product and it does not work or is defective, then you have a right to bitch, but make sure it's the product's fault and not your own. The Majority of crying on here is from a couple of people who have never purchased anything, just trying to discredit a business because someone else is leading the way. I think every engine shop builder out there will tell you the numbr 1 reason for problems is improper installation. Then they get blamed for the buyer's lack of ability.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:18 PM
Elite Pro Rider

We're looking for the facts, not just your word. I could care less about someone jumping up on a pole and crowing about how great something is. I'll take the suggestion from a group of satisfied customers, then look at the facts, and see if it logically makes sense. Speaking of facts, is that upper airforce element only an outerwear? I don't know if it is or not, but if it is, and that's the only filtration downstream from the true air filter, that's a ton of dirt getting in the motor. Now to clarify, that's not an accusation, that was a question.

Heap, that story....LMAO!!!

Old 04-23-2003, 01:26 PM
RIP Dear Friend

These forums are a tool for information. I don't see it as a discredit to Gary.

Old 04-23-2003, 01:45 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad, buy yourself a Airforce kit, try it out, Post the truth. Better yet, I will buy you the kit. Other than the top plate, I will bet you will love it.

Old 04-23-2003, 02:18 PM
RIP Dear Friend

The numbers that I am seeing I don't think the average stock machine will benefit.

Maybe on your 580 where more is needed.

I think it would be more cost effective to spend the money on the exhaust and rejet the stock carb with the stock intake.

Old 04-23-2003, 02:46 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Chet- We dynoed a predator. Adding a slip -on helped the power carry to the rev limiter. The gain down low was good not great. Polaris got a lot out of the motor already. A cdi box is needed along with a bigger bore i think. The rappy is more chocked up from the factory

To build or not to build yourself?? I would leave some of it to the pros. I have gotten to where i can take a rappy apart Now, but i would not do it a year ago. Now if i screw up i just drive over to Bob house 5 miles away. That said he still does not like me messing with my motor, he prefers to keep it under his watch.

Old 04-23-2003, 02:55 PM
RIP Dear Friend

14mins,

I don't understand the numbers I am seeing.

Back in the 80's there was an airfoil developed for the 305/350 Chevy injected motors and at the most you got 10 HP out of that.

If you can get 8 HP out of the predator motor with this airforce you would think that the predator is not designed correctly.

Maybe i am missing something here!!!

Quick Reply: Superbike 580 first trip to dunes.