Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

Superbike 580 first trip to dunes.

Search this Thread

Old 04-23-2003, 04:01 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Superbike 580 first trip to dunes.

sp,
RELAX! Breath in, Breath out. I don't think you realize what you sound like (a cheerleader). Its ok to have a favorite mod shop, but when you keep pushing SUPERBIKE in almost every post you make, it sounds like your advertising for them. I have purchased HPD, Hotseat, DG, RCR, Whitebros, FMF, and K&N parts for my ATV's but I am no cheerleader for any of them.

Old 04-23-2003, 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

ScramblerX, I stay relaxed, this is more for humor than anything. I am just making sure the facts stay strait, alot mis-information being thrown around. Hey, I have a Sportsman 700 full of Hot Seat and AAEN products, You don't see people questioning the owners credability, trying to be-little there products. Thats my point.

Old 04-23-2003, 07:42 PM
Pro Rider

Hey sp, im just curious of where this guy raced at? like state, terrain, what day?? and also if he had a stock exhaust?

Old 04-23-2003, 07:50 PM
Pro Rider

CTRAPTOR, I sent him a e-mail, soon as i hear back I will let you know.

Old 04-23-2003, 09:42 PM
Pro Rider

wait, just a sec, need my ear plugs.

I'm not defending anyone here, but Sp is not the only cheerleader here, cough cough, modquad cough hpd.

Dude I don't mean that as an insult, but if someone was flamming hpd for no " REAL PROOVEN REASON " You would be doing exactly the same as Sp700 is doing. You'd defend hpd because you know them personally and the work they do. Sounds like SP is just trying to let Superbike get the same opportunity to also.

Side note. Everybody has a theory about what works and what doesn't. Their is always more then one correct way to do things. Their might be some flaws with superbike's airforce kit, but it does work. Take it as you'd like.

Old 04-23-2003, 10:49 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Stryder, you need a Halls? I could care less if someone likes or dislikes HPD products....hmmm, they seem to be able to speak for themselves. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] cough, cough. You don't have SARS do you?

Little sp, frankly, I've heard of three people with the airforce kit, you with your skirt blown up. Jcal, with his motor blown up, and one other, who slips my mind. I'd flowbench the unit, but it wouldn't see any other use on anything in my shop....that's even after I improve it with my "idiot" external fastener idea. Maybe I should go into telepathic engineering. Show me a picture, I'll make it better.

Old 04-23-2003, 11:19 PM
Pro Rider

Modquad,

What, you forgot my name in the same post.

But just a reminder, I too use the air force kit.
Modquad, I didn't mean to offend you, you've given much useful information, I just don't understand what you have against superbikeshop.

You've base your arguements against them by what people say on here instead of actually talking to Gary. I believe that to be an unfair and misleading picture that is being projected against them. I have no loyalty to superbike shop. I just bought the kit because it might solve my popping problem and it did. It also seemed to increase the powerband throughout.

Like I said, their are some flaws with the system but rivets and outerwears can help to solve that

Peace out and lets give every business a chance to show what they can do

Old 04-23-2003, 11:28 PM
Pro Rider

One more thing,

We all know that every modification that we do to increase the power output leaves the motor more vulnerable to break down, otherwise they'd come decked out from the factory. Point is, why bitch

Old 04-23-2003, 11:41 PM
Elite Pro Rider

You three are sooo thick. My question all along (and it's never been against Gary), has been the lack of durability testing before product release. Also in claiming to be THE Polaris test site (once true, now it's not, I give him credit for half-truth there).

The flaws are a direct result of the lack of testing. I'm too busy to even want to talk to Gary. I'm right in the middle of Rath's shop, Hot Seat, HPD, and Polaris. I don't need to go anywhere else. But I do feel the need to ask questions, and verify what seems to me as hype. If someone can verify the info in a logical data based format, not just "I think I'm John Force, this is what I think", I'll take things into consideration. After some very bad experiences with different business' in this industry, FTR/G-Force racing was the king, I try to take what some new miracle shop does with a grain of salt. Yes, Gary isn't new to motorsports, but I've never dealt with him, and last I checked, this forum is for questions....I'm asking questions. Frankly getting lots of hot-air back. And you have to admit, it doesn't matter who's fault a nut ingestion into an engine is, it's gonna raise some flags. I have said it before, I've been in the "grenade" rooms of local shops to witness the big ooops, I don't have the time to continually rebuild my motor, so to gather as much info on a product, once again, I'm gonna ask questions.

Especially when some yahoo jumps up on a fence-post and calls me an idiot....you know you're gonna see my fun side. Hockey has taught me well.

If you don't want, or can't handle the questions, don't smart off. This is a great place to exchange information, and learn. Join a club and be just a bit more constructive.

Old 04-24-2003, 12:45 AM
RIP Dear Friend

What Gary is doing is time tested from going back to the fifties that I remember and should work after an explanation.

Chet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Superbike 580 first trip to dunes.