Polls Post your Polls here

ATV rider survey

Search this Thread

Old 02-02-2011, 05:13 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default ATV rider survey

Hey i have some questions about ATV riders, it is for a school project. Answer as many as you like...

1: At what age did you begin riding?

2:What is the learning curve like for ATV use?

3: Why do you use an ATV?

4: Where do you drive your ATV?

5: Have you ever had an accident or been injured while ridding? If yes, please give a brief explanation.

6: Have you modified your ATV at all?

7: Do you think you would invest in an after-market product to improve the safety of your ATV for a family member who is a beginner?

8: How long have you been riding?

9: Do you notice common misuses of ATV's by beginners?

Old 02-02-2011, 07:22 AM
Pro Rider

1: At what age did you begin riding? 53

2:What is the learning curve like for ATV use? Always learning

3: Why do you use an ATV? Fun, better than a tractor

4: Where do you drive your ATV? swamps, trails, mountains, forest

5: Have you ever had an accident or been injured while ridding? If yes, please give a brief explanation. Yes, going to fast and flipped

6: Have you modified your ATV at all? yes

7: Do you think you would invest in an after-market product to improve the safety of your ATV for a family member who is a beginner? yes

8: How long have you been riding? 5 years

9: Do you notice common misuses of ATV's by beginners? yes

Old 02-02-2011, 08:00 AM
Supersock
Hired Gun!
"Badges? We don't need no stinkin' badges!"
Received 164 Likes on 163 Posts

I'd be happy to help your survey, but while you're asking a lot about us, we know nothing about you or what happens with our answers.

What school? (hs, college) Who will see this information? Is this thread linked to any other sites?

Forgive my skepticism, but I get people all time asking for money for coffee or food when I know darn well it's for drugs or alcohol.

Old 02-02-2011, 08:26 AM
I haven't been stuck since the last time!
Default Answers

1: At what age did you begin riding? My family had a couple three wheelers when I was a kid, but really began riding when I was 24.

2:What is the learning curve like for ATV use? Continual- there is an obvious difference between a first time rider and someone with experience.

3: Why do you use an ATV? I plow snow in the winter and trail ride in the summer. The trail riding is the enjoyment value and the commeraderie with the people with whom I ride.

4: Where do you drive your ATV? I ride at local riding areas (national and state forests areas), Hatfield McCoy, have been to a couple private riding areas.

5: Have you ever had an accident or been injured while ridding? If yes, please give a brief explanation. I hurt my pride once or twice but that is it!!!

6: Have you modified your ATV at all? Winch and snowplow...i think those are more accessories rather than mods though.

7: Do you think you would invest in an after-market product to improve the safety of your ATV for a family member who is a beginner? What are we talking? I think that most beginners as adults are responsible for their actions--they are adults--if they are beginning they need to slow down and be careful. Beginning children have a fairly safe product in little kids quads. I think that there is a certain amount of danger involved in riding...if people are that uncomfortable with it they should probably not start.

8: How long have you been riding? 6 years

9: Do you notice common misuses of ATV's by beginners? The thing that I see from beginners the most is pushing the limits before they are ready...take it easy and figure out your ride then advance from there.

Old 02-02-2011, 09:52 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

you could probably find most of these answers yourself if you did a little more research on the forum... just say'in- researching a thesis topic for a school essay is a lot more then posting a ton of questions and jotting down some answers... like scooter says- who are you? Give some details on the paper.

hell (not H) there's a topic I started in the general area about rider injuries- right near the top of the list!

the search feature is your friend-

Old 02-02-2011, 12:41 PM
Pro Rider

1: At what age did you begin riding?11

2:What is the learning curve like for ATV use?idk

3: Why do you use an ATV?its fun

4: Where do you drive your ATV?dunes

5: Have you ever had an accident or been injured while ridding? If yes, please give a brief explanation.yes i fell of a cliff

6: Have you modified your ATV at all?yes

7: Do you think you would invest in an after-market product to improve the safety of your ATV for a family member who is a beginner?yes

8: How long have you been riding?10 y

9: Do you notice common misuses of ATV's by beginners?yes

Old 02-02-2011, 05:21 PM
Pro Rider

Hey i have some questions about ATV riders, it is for a school project. Answer as many as you like...

1: At what age did you begin riding? 24

2:What is the learning curve like for ATV use? The longer you ride, the more comfortable you get with your machine...Buy a new machine and it is like starting over for the first couple rides.

3: Why do you use an ATV? 80% trail riding(and every mudhole I can find), 10% yard work 10% snow plowing

4: Where do you drive your ATV? State forest, National forest, Hatfield McCoy

5: Have you ever had an accident or been injured while ridding? If yes, please give a brief explanation. Yes. Lost control, buried the front end, get shot head first over the handle bars landing on my head and right shoulder. Knocked out cold, grade four AC separation. 3 and a half hours of shoulder surgery and a 1 year recovery/rehab. It taught me to 1) always wear a helmet (I always did before but this confirmed it) 2) I am not invincible 3) slow down and enjoy the ride.

6: Have you modified your ATV at all? Nope

7: Do you think you would invest in an after-market product to improve the safety of your ATV for a family member who is a beginner? NO If I was concerned about a family members safety, there is no way in hell I would allow them on a quad riding that type of terrain. For beginners, I would only allow on flat, open land.

8: How long have you been riding? 3+ years

9: Do you notice common misuses of ATV's by beginners? Beginners trying to keep up and do things experienced riders are doing before the know their machine and how it is going to react.

Old 02-02-2011, 05:29 PM
Weekend Warrior

Thank you all for the replies on this thread.

Sorry about the lack of details in my original post about what i am using your replies for.
I am an engineering student at Purdue University. I am working on a project to develope a product to improve safety in recreational activities. I have found the answers to some of these questions in other threads, but because this is the survey that me team came up with i thought it was important to have it all in one place.

Thanks again