Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: What is the dumbest thing you've ever done with your ATV?
Attempted a Water Crossing
14.89%
Deliberately Ran into Something
0%
Crucially Misjudged the Size of a Jump
12.77%
Got Lost/Stranded
14.89%
Other - My Stupidity Knows no Bounds
57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Poll of the Month: What's the dumbest thing you've done with your ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 02-09-2012, 09:09 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

attempted to ride newly bought quad from where i bought it to home wich is about 320mile broke down about 20mile from the start

Old 02-09-2012, 09:18 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally Posted by Hippie Robert Nixon
attempted to ride newly bought quad from where i bought it to home wich is about 320mile broke down about 20mile from the start

You win.

How do you even ride an ATV 320 miles to home?
What about gas? That trip would take days on trails.

Old 02-09-2012, 09:46 PM
Weekend Warrior

plenty of petrol stations on route and i had two ex army jerry cans with me.
but it was a silly idea in all i should of just rented a van to collect it.

in the end i done the whole trip on the back of to recovery trucks and 1 bike van lol

Old 02-10-2012, 07:58 AM
Trailblazer
Default almost killed my son

Allowed 10 yr old son to ride utility ATV that was way too big for him. After crashing and being airlifted and spending 6 weeks at the Univ of Pitt ICU I sold off most of my family's ATVs and dirt bikes.

Nothing worse than running over to a child and not knowing if they're dead, paralyzed or "just" injured.

God was with us that day - he lost a kidney and punctured his diaphram but eventually fully recovered.

Old 02-10-2012, 08:15 AM
Super Moderator
Well, golly JimBob!
Received 54 Likes on 54 Posts

Originally Posted by dilogdp
Allowed 10 yr old son to ride utility ATV that was way too big for him. After crashing and being airlifted and spending 6 weeks at the Univ of Pitt ICU I sold off most of my family's ATVs and dirt bikes.

Nothing worse than running over to a child and not knowing if they're dead, paralyzed or "just" injured.

God was with us that day - he lost a kidney and punctured his diaphram but eventually fully recovered.
Man, that's scary.

Old 02-10-2012, 06:47 PM
Weekend Warrior

well the one time me and my fiance were riding through our ten year field and we saw a baby dear running and i got the bright idea to try and catch it so i hopped on to the front rack and made her drive and when i got close i jumped off and caught the deer. just lucky she didnt run over me with her driving record :-P

Old 02-10-2012, 07:20 PM
Weekend Warrior

very nasty. glad he made a recovery

Old 02-10-2012, 07:33 PM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ
Providing the enemies of the United States with the maximum opportunity to give their lives for their country since 1775.

nothing is worse then feeling responsible for your childs pain & suffering.
happy to hear he pulled through ok. I'm sure you relive that day everytime you look at an atv

I know how you feel-
I tore my (6 yo at the time) flesh off his nose, eye & cheek- exposing bone and cracked his eye socket. He was playing outside near his sandbox while I was on my lawn tractor 100' away- a sharp rock about 3" was sucked up by the deck and my sons face was the first thing that stopped it
looked like something out of a horror movie- I though I killed my son- I'd never seen so much blood- and my son had fainted.
he recovered- but I didn't. He has a big "V" scar on his face- and wears glasses now. I broke down 2 days later and had to have my wife and FIL pick me up from the breakdown lane on the highway- I couldn't handle what I did. I still have nightmares about it.

lowest point I've ever been in my entire life by far.

now no one is allowed outside when I'm on the lawn tractor mowing the lawn.

Old 02-11-2012, 07:28 AM
Weekend Warrior

Originally Posted by garagemechanic
well the one time me and my fiance were riding through our ten year field and we saw a baby dear running and i got the bright idea to try and catch it so i hopped on to the front rack and made her drive and when i got close i jumped off and caught the deer. just lucky she didnt run over me with her driving record :-P
Have you never read the email about the guy that roped a deer? That, in and of itself would keep me from trying to catch a deer, let alone sitting on the front rack of a speeding and bouncing ATV like John Wayne in Hatari.

Old 02-11-2012, 08:30 AM
ʇsıʇɹɐ ɹǝʌolloɹ

Originally Posted by flounderhead
let alone sitting on the front rack of a speeding and bouncing ATV like John Wayne in Hatari.

Quick Reply: Poll of the Month: What's the dumbest thing you've done with your ATV?