Polls Post your Polls here
View Poll Results: What is the dumbest thing you've ever done with your ATV?
Attempted a Water Crossing
14.89%
Deliberately Ran into Something
0%
Crucially Misjudged the Size of a Jump
12.77%
Got Lost/Stranded
14.89%
Other - My Stupidity Knows no Bounds
57.45%
Voters: 47. You may not vote on this poll

Poll of the Month: What's the dumbest thing you've done with your ATV?

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2015, 03:23 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

to many to list, but one was taking a 500 Iger in a motocross track. hat hurt a lot. Also drove under a fence while hydroplaning so that was a lot of fun.

Old 04-14-2016, 01:27 PM
Weekend Warrior

i tried to see how fast i could get going in reverse on my trailblazer....pretty fast until you fall off!

Old 08-01-2016, 05:47 PM
Trailblazer
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My first trip with my 02 Scrambler 500, I hit a tree and broke the long bushing inside the a-arm about 2" in. The trails had a lot of mud, so I was goosing the throttle in the muddy parts. I came to one part and it had a small 5" dia. tree to the left, a decent amount of mud on the trail, and a slight left 3' past the mud. I hit the throttle, and my quad took off. Just past the slight bend on the right was a decent size tree, directly on the other side of the trail was a small 5" dia. tree like the one next to the mud. Guess what tree I hit. Luckily we had a mechanic on the trip that ratchet strapped the a-arm back into position.

Old 08-07-2016, 08:05 AM
Off Road Builderaholic

on a sled not an atv
After long day of riding 2 miles from truck I decided it was a good time to stretch her legs (140HP 900cc 2 stroke 163 track) well coming into a corner I missed the hand brake, my fingers just missed the lever all together.

Ditched sled off right side of trail into aspen trees, I went off to the left in a barrel roll, my shoulder and helmet slammed into aspen tree. Adrenalin had me up and going to shut off my now upside down in a tree sled.
Helmet saved my life that day, helmet cracked, My arm took months to heal blue bruise about the size of basketball. Hour later my sled was back on the trail just alot of broken plastic bits and my pride

I watched my stepson roll a Polaris 250cc 4x4 backwards off a cliff when he was trying to reverse for loading on the trailer. After a 20' fall and bouncing off two trees he was very lucky to miss all the rocks below with his back. Winched the atv back up and all was well

Another guest (20 something) on my old 650 Brute force did not respect the machine as I told him to do so. Getting ready to load all the atv into the truck he was hot ******* around the parking area, well he hit a dip waaaay tooo fast, the quad bucked and RAN OVER A METAL SIGN ON A METAL POST ATTACHED TO A CHUNK OF CONCRETE
He slammed his arm and chest into the handle bars, the quad LUCKILY removed the metal sign from the ground and flattened it. He was lucky to ge semi ok and not need hospital care

Moral of the story is ALL THESE ACCIDENTS took place after riding all day long. Looking forward to that last little "thrill" before the weekend was over. = Worst time to lose respect for the machine

Old 08-07-2016, 08:07 AM
Off Road Builderaholic

One time I came to a Y in the trail and couldn't decide which way to go. I drove straight into a tree in the middle.
this is my favorite
Its like "hello brain, we needed to make a decision back there?!?! left right or brakes! wtf!?!"

Old 05-25-2017, 11:41 AM
Country Rider

I was riding through this trail and saw just this little jump. I thought I would badly go anywhere so I gunned it. It was small but steep and jumped down hill. I went up, and down the hill in the air. Feet couldn't stay on the pegs so when I landed, my feet landed on the plastic. Don't hit a jump full throttle unless you examine it first......

Old 05-25-2017, 02:13 PM
Pro Rider

I was zipping thru tall grass in my field with my Arctic Cat 400, and hit a large rock with my left side tire. Handle bars whipped around and nailed me in the ribs, really hard and flipped the bike. I still can't believe that it didn't hurt the bike, took me a month to heal.

Old 05-26-2017, 05:33 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

I guess I've been fairly lucky to have not gotten myself seriously hurt in the 15 years or so I've been riding. I remember I had an old Timerwolf that barely had any brakes and I tried to climb a hill too steep. I couldn't make it so I rolled back down. I hit a rock and the handlebars turned on me and I ended up getting thrown off and landed in a big mudhole. Didn't get hurt but I got covered head to toe. On my first quad ever, a Polaris Trailblazer, at the same riding park years earlier I took it on a small motocross track. I hit a jump wrong and landed nose first, smashing my chin on the handlebars. If I had not been wearing a helmet, I probably would have knocked myself out.