Kids Quads Discussions about Kid's Quads and other ATV's.

Lem Cayman 50

Search this Thread

Old 02-17-2004, 07:59 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Lem Cayman 50

I just bought my girl a use LEM Cayman 50. It seems to run real good it has an aftermarket pipe of somekind and a K&N filter. I only gave $500 for it, its a 2001 model, But I am reading alot on this forum about overheating problems. Could someone tell me how you can tell if this aircooled bike is overheating? Also it has a limited slip rearend type differental in the axel is there a way of making it into a solid axel?

Old 02-17-2004, 10:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Lem Cayman 50

I also have a lem 50 its a 99 with a 50cc mod motor in it. The only time we ever had any overheating problems was when the crank was bent and you could tell by the side clutch casing being hot as haties. Other than that we race every weekend and never have any problems. The guy who replied to you above me also built my custom rearend for my sons quad. My son jumps very high and very far and we also has serious problems with axle breaks, but never lost a race due to any other mech problems. The rear end he built is sweet and holds up great.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-23-2004, 01:46 AM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lem Cayman 50

where is everyone finding the cayman goodies? I just got my boy a 02' 50cc ac i'd like to do the big bore cyl.,carb,swing arm, a-arms,axle,sprokets, everything I can get. any help would be great

Old 06-24-2004, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer
Default Lem Cayman 50

shoot lem 100 [2 threads up] an email he has a 80cc kit forsale with a carb that will go on it. He and I are good friends and he did my extended swingarm and major beefed up axle.

Old 06-24-2004, 10:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Lem Cayman 50

The overheating problems on the older motors was overheating the coil. The coil is right on the flywheel. It will overheat if ridden extremely hard after about 20 minutes. THe new motor have moved the coil away from the engine and I believe have eliminated this problem.

Old 06-24-2004, 12:36 PM
Trailblazer
Default Lem Cayman 50

sorry i guess an email would have helped to get with lem100.... shueyracing@aol.com his name is john or you can get me at gonecountryracing@netscape.com. we are in the process of putting together another lc cooled motor for my sons cayman quad, little bit of work but with the power difference its worth it.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 06-25-2004, 03:07 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Lem Cayman 50

I found all the motor parts I needed (big bore cyl, piston, pipe, jets, exhaust, sproket and wheel hubs) at motowest in CA. they come as a pakage kit for $550.00 Now I just need the chassis parts. (axle,a-arms,swingarm, suspension) robbs racing in NH has +2 a-arms for mine but has nothing for the rear mine is a 2002 with the s5n motor

Old 06-25-2004, 04:01 PM
Trailblazer
Default Lem Cayman 50

nobody makes a awingarm for the quad that we were aware of that is why lem100 custom made all of ours. it is now +3 in length and the axle went from 17mm to 1 inch and solid and +3 wide it is sweet and very durable.

Old 05-31-2016, 08:27 PM
Trailblazer

Well it was nice to get the ATV out again now that spring has arrived. Last year we had quite an issue with the clutch. Got replacement parts from las Vegas. One of the shoes was broken and the centre piece was not quite right but merging the old and new everything worked out or so I thought. The second time out my grandson came to a quick stop. Clutch again. One of the pins in the linkage had sheared off. I guess the parts from Las Vegas were not up to scratch. I notice that the holes in the shoes have slightly enlarged so they may need replacing as well.

Last edited by firsttimerider; 05-31-2016 at 08:29 PM. Reason: Tittle should read Lem 50cc
Old 06-14-2016, 03:05 PM
Trailblazer
Default Lem clutch

I have 2 attachments added I hope. They are photos of my 1999 Lem clutch that came apart. I have replacements and wanted to be sure the shoes are attached correctly. The photos are from the ones that broke. The one on the left is a front view as if looking into the clutch itself. The one on the right is a back view. I am assuming that this is the correct arrangement.

Attached Thumbnails Lem Cayman 50-img_2212.jpg   Lem Cayman 50-img_2213.jpg  

Quick Reply: Lem Cayman 50