Polaris Discussions about Polaris ATVs.

speed upgrades for pollaris 250 trailblazer

Search this Thread

Old 05-25-2005, 10:10 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default speed upgrades for pollaris 250 trailblazer

ya i was wondering wats out there for a trailblazer that will make it go faster. i was thinking of getting the RCR Stage 1 kit. i was also wondering if it would make a difference if i put a blue spring on my stock trailblazer.

Old 05-25-2005, 10:31 PM
Pro Rider

RCR kit is a great choice for the money. What blue are you talking about? Polaris blue , HPD blue , Hot Seat blue. Anyway you look at, just a primary change with stock engine or without the whole clutch kit won't do much at all. Yes, it's a cheap mod. But, the performance gain will be very, very nill.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]

Old 05-25-2005, 10:33 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 14 Likes on 13 Posts

The 250 has a TON of mods that you can do to it. They can be built to beat stock banshees. It all depends on how much you want to spend. If you want cheap effective power then a pipe, clutch kit and K&N airfilter are the way to go. Then there is porting, bigger carb, lightened flywheel, mill the head, reed conversion, stroker kit, etc... The best pipe would be the HPD trail pipe or the AAEN top end pipe. RCR is good but you need to figure out where you want your power. Low, mid or top. The HPD trail is a mix of all 3. Great low end but still pulls in mid to top. The AAEN is great for top end and you can clutch for more bottom. Rick at RCR will steer you in the right direction. He has the best service you can find hands down. I had a highly moded TB and some others on here still have moded TB's so any question you have one of us will have the answer. Oh and welcome to the forum. There are a ton of great guys here that will help in one way or another. Later!!!

2Many

Old 05-25-2005, 10:36 PM
Weekend Warrior

wat else can i get for performance besides a pipe, i already have a K&N air filter, it didnt do any thing

Old 05-25-2005, 10:44 PM
Weekend Warrior

i was looking at the RCR Quick Rev Flywheel Modification, and Hi-flow Air Box Modification Kit Kit from RCR. Do they make it for a 250 TB and how big of a difference will it make?

Old 05-26-2005, 11:51 AM
Trailblazer

Originally posted by: audibert14
wat else can i get for performance besides a pipe, i already have a K&N air filter, it didnt do any thing
Actually it did do something you just can't tell because these are small incremental gains. The only way you would know for sure what your gains are is to Dyno tune it. AAEN has kits that take a lot of the guess work out of it.

Think about this, if you started with 22HP and you put a pipe and air filter that gives you 5% gain that equates to 1HP. How that power is transmitted to the ground is in the clutch. The clutch is going to give you the most bang for the buck. Personaly I woun't buy the pipe, too small of a gain for the $ and noisy, unless it's part of a complete top end tuning, port, pipe, jet and high flow filter.

Old 05-26-2005, 12:04 PM
Weekend Warrior

I want some thing thats not over $375 that will give me better accelleration and i higher top speed. oh ya if i buy the RCR Stage 1 kit will i still be able to use my K&N air filter in the new air box that the kit comes with?

Old 05-26-2005, 12:35 PM
Range Rover

My opinion is to get a pipe and clutch kit. The low-end pipes will get you better torque but the tope-end pipes should get you some more rpm's. Just use the stock silencer if you can and save the money, that is if you are worried about how loud your quad is. I helped a guy put on a new pipe and clutch kit on his kids 250 and it made a world of difference, but you will have to rejet and tune in the carb to see all the benefits of the pipe and clutch changes.

Old 05-26-2005, 01:11 PM
Trailblazer

Frankly I think your going to spend $375 and not be satisfied with the gains vs the dollars spent. I would start by trying some different springs in your clutch. You'll spend 2-300 on the pipe and your not going to gain much. My buddy had that bike bought a Dyno-Port pipe and sent it back the next day. He ended up selling that bike and buying a Trail Blazer 400.

Pipe generally raises your top end HP by allowing the engine to move more volume at full throttle which also raises your RPM's slightly. This will give you a couple MPH gain BUT.... you will loose low end power and torque so the bike will feel jerkier in a narrowed power band. Plus it's louder and will lighten your wallet a bunch.

You can change your sproket if you want to change your top end, combine this with some clutch work to make it accelerate harder.

Also AAEN has a nice clutch tuning handbook.

Old 05-26-2005, 07:28 PM
Range Rover

Yes a person can spend 300 even 400 dollars and not see a major gain but when we are talking about a motor that only puts out 22-23 HP stock, if you can get 4-5 extra HP out of it it will seem like a world of difference. You cant expect to get a 15 HP gain for 200 dollars. HP=$$ But to start off with why mess with the clutch all you are really doing is shifting the power band. Yes that will help you get to top speed faster but why not buy a pipe and a couple of clutch springs. It will make a world of difference.

Quick Reply: speed upgrades for pollaris 250 trailblazer