Drivetrain, Suspension & Tires Discussions on ATV drivetrain, suspension, and tires.

Advice on trail tires

Search this Thread

Old 02-24-2018, 06:46 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Advice on trail tires

New quad on the way, looking to keep stock tire and prob rim sizes!

Looking for a trail tire(sand dirt rocks) pavement driving that will be best with fuel mileage , i had bighorns on bike i just sold but really slowed me down and sucked the fuel

Thanks

Old 02-24-2018, 08:42 PM
Pro Rider
Received 44 Likes on 43 Posts

Why not just use and wear out the stock tires and get your money out of them. Can't be that big of a difference, you wont save enough money to pay for the new tires!! Used tires are not worth much so go and ride your heart out and get your monies worth......

Old 02-25-2018, 01:06 AM
Moto Psycho
Received 3 Likes on 3 Posts

If you're getting stock size tires I would wear the old ones out first before changing them too. If you were buying mud tires instead of trail tires it would be different.

Old 02-25-2018, 01:14 AM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 5 Likes on 5 Posts

What atv did you end up getting? I remember on another post you had it narrowed down to a few machines but you never said which one you picked. Just earlier today I got a different machine myself, a used King Quad 750. It still has the original stock tires on it and still have some tread left on them after over 2000 miles. When I get new tires for it I'll probably go with something like mudlite ats, that's what I had on my previous atv and they seemed to be a pretty good all around tire. I ride all kinds of surfaces and I put 1150 miles on it while I had it and they weren't even new when I bought it and still had quite a bit of tread left. Im guessing it had at least 200-300 more miles on those tires before I bought it, so around 1500 miles all total on that set of tires. Could probably have gone another 1000 miles though they would have been completely worn out by then. The mudlite ats are very lightweight too, only slightly heavier than the very mild stock tires on most machines but still 6 ply. Some of the more reasonably priced tires too ITP MUD LITE AT 25X8X12 - ATV UTV Tires. But I would just wear out the stock tires first, like the others have said. I would recommend these as replacements when they wear out.

Old 02-25-2018, 06:33 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

Originally Posted by greg74
What atv did you end up getting? I remember on another post you had it narrowed down to a few machines but you never said which one you picked. Just earlier today I got a different machine myself, a used King Quad 750. It still has the original stock tires on it and still have some tread left on them after over 2000 miles. When I get new tires for it I'll probably go with something like mudlite ats, that's what I had on my previous atv and they seemed to be a pretty good all around tire. I ride all kinds of surfaces and I put 1150 miles on it while I had it and they weren't even new when I bought it and still had quite a bit of tread left. Im guessing it had at least 200-300 more miles on those tires before I bought it, so around 1500 miles all total on that set of tires. Could probably have gone another 1000 miles though they would have been completely worn out by then. The mudlite ats are very lightweight too, only slightly heavier than the very mild stock tires on most machines but still 6 ply. Some of the more reasonably priced tires too ITP MUD LITE AT 25X8X12 - ATV UTV Tires. But I would just wear out the stock tires first, like the others have said. I would recommend these as replacements when they wear out.
thanks for the reply everyone, i ended up going kingqaud 750 new! Hope it lasts me a long time

Old 02-25-2018, 01:29 PM
Chasing trails, Dodging dust devils.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

If you do the regular maintenance, you'll get many years of service out of it. Good choice! Also......Congratulations on your new ride!!