Introduce Yourself Just Joined? Be sure to pop in here and introduce yourself & let us know what you ride. PLEASE DO NOT ASK QUESTIONS FOR HELP IN THIS AREA. Your better off asking in the Brand Discussions Area.

2007 Polaris sportsman 500 efi starts then dies in 3 seconds

Search this Thread

Old 02-05-2024, 11:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default 2007 Polaris sportsman 500 efi starts then dies in 3 seconds

Hi I am new here I have a 2007 Polaris sportsman 500 EFI H.O It starts then dies in 3 seconds and when you give it throttle it just Boggs down and dies and backfired and sometimes when you try starting it for a while white smoke will come out of the throttle body, and when you let it idle it does the same thing and I already tried adjusting the cable tension and checked the gap and the thumb throttle box.
New Quantum Fuel System injector, Fuel Pump and Fuel pressure regulator basically the whole fuel pump replaced K&N Fuel filter K&N air filter, K&N oil filter, oil change done 20 miles ago New fuel lines and It does the same think when the air box and all of that stuff is off This is the second injector I have bought and like the 20th spark plug and the seconds fuel pressure regulator to, I honestly don't know whats wrong with it, it could just be something small or something big idk.
Please respond I have wasted a lot of money on this atv and I don't know whats wrong with it.

Old 07-03-2024, 12:54 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Have you fixed this

Originally Posted by Ethan Hill
Hi I am new here I have a 2007 Polaris sportsman 500 EFI H.O It starts then dies in 3 seconds and when you give it throttle it just Boggs down and dies and backfired and sometimes when you try starting it for a while white smoke will come out of the throttle body, and when you let it idle it does the same thing and I already tried adjusting the cable tension and checked the gap and the thumb throttle box.
New Quantum Fuel System injector, Fuel Pump and Fuel pressure regulator basically the whole fuel pump replaced K&N Fuel filter K&N air filter, K&N oil filter, oil change done 20 miles ago New fuel lines and It does the same think when the air box and all of that stuff is off This is the second injector I have bought and like the 20th spark plug and the seconds fuel pressure regulator to, I honestly don't know whats wrong with it, it could just be something small or something big idk.
Please respond I have wasted a lot of money on this atv and I don't know whats wrong with it.

****** have you figured this out yet****