Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Raptor Compare

Search this Thread

Old 05-26-2003, 01:13 AM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor Compare

Stock Quads I was Wondering how a Raptor compares to the DS650,VForce 700, Predator 500,And the Banshee 350 I was wondering whats Faster and what will win in a Straight Up Drag race. Then whats better for Dunes and Trails. I just got my Raptor and I don't Really know if I made a good choice on buying it. I have been looking at those quads and i ended up with the Raptor and I want to know how it compares to them. Thats the things I will be riding and doing so please tell me some answers Thanks Riding the Dunes some Trails and Drag Racing Whats the better of the Things at all Stock Level

Old 05-26-2003, 04:06 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor Compare

hey theres a few answers here:
1. youre asking for a 20 page long debate about whats better.
2. you are stuck with what you bought. this aint WalMart
3. the only way to find out whats better is to put yer butt in the saddle and ride, as rider is about 90% of the machine in motion.
4. relax, you spent yer bucks, now go have some fun!
5. the raptor should make you hold your breath when it accelerates, if it doesnt, theres sumthin wrong, or you dont have one.
6. most ppl serious about drags set their machines up for just that.
7. top speed is worthless in the real world. see #3 above.
8. a good combination of mods for your riding conditions will make a fast quad, no matter what it is, at a reasonable price. Keep in mind that the sky is the limit!
9. there is ALWAYS gonna be somebody faster, so get over it!
10. different quads are good at different things, they have differing looks, high points and low points. surf the net, go get the brochures, etc, there is no quad that is best at it all. so decide what youre gonna do and base your research from there. simple.

wear yer helmet and go riding!

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-cool.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 01:02 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor Compare

For the price and rideability, you made a good decision by going with the Raptor.

Old 05-27-2003, 11:36 PM
Range Rover
Default Raptor Compare

what raptor said [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 05-27-2003, 11:52 PM
RIP Dear Friend
Default Raptor Compare

Originally posted by: raptor8

2. you are stuck with what you bought. this aint WalMart
5. the raptor should make you hold your breath when it accelerates, if it doesnt, theres sumthin wrong, or you dont have one.
9. there is ALWAYS gonna be somebody faster, so get over it!
I like those three.

Old 05-28-2003, 12:24 AM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor Compare

Dude, don't worry I think you made an excellent choice if you had the funds for a raptor. I love them and the way they look is second to none. Even though there may be some atvs faster and they aren't many stock atvs faster you're always going to have power enough to get you wins. If you race and don't have power enough to beat a certain person or atv find out what mods they have and go get some of your own and come back and see if you can smoke them the next time. I have to agree with the others if you already got it unless you just absolutly hate it or absolutly love a different model then I'd hang onto your raptor. But I've got something before and it wasn't what I really wanted. I wanted a z400 but instead I got a four by four honda rancher so I could hit the mud because my buddies mostly ride mud and all have foremans. Really I'm kind of a speed freak and I love to catch a little air every now and again so I broke down and went out and got the z400 and I am very pleased I did but now I'm stuck with two payments. I still will ride the rancher and I need it in really deep mud pits but if I had originally got my z400 I wouln't have went and got another atv. So good luck and I don't see how you could go wrong with the raptor I mean seems like everyone I know wants one. So go give that beast some he**.
stock z400, honda rancher.

Old 06-03-2003, 03:44 PM
Pro Rider
Default Raptor Compare

You did good choosing the raptor, but if we explained what was better in what areas, we could write a book with the info.