Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Help tremendously Needed :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-20-2003, 04:18 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help tremendously Needed :(

i'm new to this forum and i am starting by asking a question [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

i am going to buy an atv for all around use, handling doesnt affect me.
i'm searching for the best, most powerful, lightweight atv... i want aggresivesness [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] u know what i'm talkin about

i decided to buy the raptor a few days ago but then i heard some guys talkin about gasgas and cannondale and they said that they bet the raptor!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

i would like help from u by telling me which one is the best 2WD, sport, most powerful ATV. with high torque, high HP, lightweightness, most powerful etc...

i'm truly very confused on which one to buy... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]
Please tell me which is the MOTHER OF ALL 'IN POWER AND SPEED' [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Help would be greatly appreciated

Thanks ... Mike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

Old 07-20-2003, 04:44 PM
Pro Rider

mother of all power and speed is the ds........... but it not light

the new yzf450 sounds like what your looking for

cannondale is a fast light quad too

raptors are powerful and torque'e but there heavy too.

if I buy another quad besides my ds it would be a new yfz450 or cannondale moto, just because I'm into racing!

Old 07-20-2003, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

quadzilla unless you want something new.

Old 07-20-2003, 06:32 PM
Pro Rider

I f you have a few axtra bucks to spend grab a Dale . I'd recommend first thing is sending off the motor to get bullet proof'd at SBM . If you like something as good Get the New Yamaha 450 Great quad First year model . 400 ex lotsa hop up parts old design . Suzuki 400 / kawasaki 400 either a good choise . Decisions decisions LOL

Old 07-21-2003, 01:10 PM
Weekend Warrior

ok. thanks 4 your replies

so the raptor isnt the most power ful one, even with its big 660 engine huh? so its got the biggest engine, in vain?? ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img] i read out that the cannondale smoked 'im in sand drags!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

the bombardier 650 baja is good and virtually power ful, not really because it s very heavy... so i think its not a very speedy one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Is the GASGAS new 450 the top of "power and speed"??? remember , handling doesnt affect me, i want it just to bash, trails and all around use, not for racing. i want POWAAAAA ... lol [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Still with no idea of which one to buy lol !!! ... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 07-21-2003, 05:14 PM
Pro Rider

for trails & all around fast riding the gasgas is a little wide stock at 51" but you can narrow it down some with aftermarket arms & adjustable rear axle.
i have the gasgas 300- it is a beast with minor mods.

Old 07-21-2003, 06:38 PM

look into the predator if your looking for a cheap low maintnence quad. its 500cc but its one of the best handeling quads and its faster than a raptor so im told from the magazines.

Old 07-21-2003, 06:41 PM

it's only $5000 compared to the others $7000 and with the extra money you can go make dangerously fast. put a exaust, turbo and nos. thing would be runnin around 100+ hp

Old 07-21-2003, 06:48 PM
Elite Pro Rider

Lets be realistic here....Cannondale went bankrupt....who knows if you will ever be able too get parts.....service on them is gonna be even worse (and all I have seen around here NEED IT). Avoid yourself the headache. How long have you been riding? Welcome!

Old 07-21-2003, 06:55 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Gary is right. I would be somewhat skeptical about buying a Cannondale, not saying they are bad quads but they are now out of business. The YFZ 450 sounds right up your alley. Welcome also![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Help tremendously Needed :(