Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Help tremendously Needed :(

Search this Thread

Old 07-21-2003, 07:08 PM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Help tremendously Needed :(

thanks people 4 the welcome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

I never rode an atv but i like them incredibly and when i see videos of them i imagine my self gunning throttle!!! LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
i am soon going to buy one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but i wanna check about them before i burn my bucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
Hopefully a Yamaha or GasGas cause they are madly powerful... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i dont want handling but powaaaa!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

... Mike

Old 07-21-2003, 10:28 PM
Pro Rider

go with the ds then, its the most powerful and fastest stock quad you can buy. mods are on the price'e side but you get what you pay for!

I'v had a raptor and my ds, and my dad has a raptor with a mild big bore kit in it and I still smoke him. and if we switch quads he smokes me.

but if you want a trail quad I would go with the rap, not saying I have trouble in the trails with my ds, but some people do?

Old 07-22-2003, 04:31 AM
Pro Rider

hey, definately the DS. it's heavy but with 653cc's in it, there's more than enough power to make it feel light. also, the mods may be on the pricy side, but if u get the 2004 DS 650 Baja with the X package. there aren't gonna be a lot of mods ur gonna want. o, and by the way, the DS 650 Baja with the X package will run u about 7 grand last time i checked. they also weigh 480 pounds as compared to the previous 's 520, although, with skid plates, nerf bars, different shocks, and all the extra goodies (all included in the X package) it may weigh about the same. either way, the Baja X is the best quad for ur money.

Old 07-22-2003, 08:55 AM
Elite Pro Rider

Originally posted by: ATVMadness
thanks people 4 the welcome [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] I never rode an atv but i like them incredibly and when i see videos of them i imagine my self gunning throttle!!! LOL [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]i am soon going to buy one [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] but i wanna check about them before i burn my bucks [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]Hopefully a Yamaha or GasGas cause they are madly powerful... [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] i dont want handling but powaaaa!!! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]... Mike
Mike, I would recommend not getting into the sport with a top level sport quad.....start on an entry level quad and build your way up as your experience grows.

Old 07-22-2003, 09:18 AM
Pro Rider

If all you want is power, look at the Banshee. No other new quad has the power hit of a Banshee and it can be easily modded to deliver as much HP as you can handle.

Old 07-22-2003, 09:38 AM
Pro Rider

Yah the banshee would probably suit you best, its easy to work on, east to mod, cheap, what else could you want? Well if you want a 4-stroke then the raptor maybe what your after or a DS650. I would also recommend the V-Force, it may not be the fastest quad out there but its has so much power potential and it is the best sounding 4-stroke forsure. If you complained about the DS weight then you will think the V is a tank...hehe.

What ever you pick make sure you don't go wild right away and take it easy. Learn how to ride, wear a helmet, buy one with the ATV.....YOU MUST WEAR A HELMET!!

Old 07-22-2003, 10:41 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

"handling doesnt affect me" ?????????????????????????? Handling is THE MOST IMPORTANT THING! A huge engine is worthless, without great handling to back it up!!

Old 07-22-2003, 02:23 PM
Weekend Warrior

I SHALL SAY A BIG THANK YOU TO YOU ALL PEOPLE!
YOUR ARE HELPFUL PEOPLE
THANKS GUYS!
I WILL TELL YOU WHAT I AM GONNA BUY SOON [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

BYE BYE AND THANKS!!!

...MIKE