Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Do quads jump?

Search this Thread

Old 08-29-2003, 10:28 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Do quads jump?

Originally posted by: Ska
I live in Ca not many woodlands or desert around here so i go to the track with my friends kx100 and i wanted to know if i should get a quad or a bike cuz quads look kooler but i was wondring if they would be much use on a mx trak i like getting air and doing tricks.thanx
I'm new to quads, so I don't have the feel for them like I do my CRF450. I do like the central point of balance on a bike over the 4-corners of a quad. Again, that's because I'm new at it. I've seen kids that look very fluid on the 400EXs - just as fluid as a bike.

I don't do "tricks" other than little whips. The only reason I bought a quad is because I rode one in the sand and it was a blast. Personally, I've yet to ride my quad on a track. Who knows, I may like it - especially in the corners.

Both have power, but in terms of out-of-the box umph, a bike suchs as a CRF450 just moves. I used to like to ride my sportbike real hard then come home and get on the CRF - it felt like a bicycle and seemed very easy to through around. There are a lot of tracks that don't allow quads. That may be something to consider.

I did pass (on my YFZ) a CR250 going up the valley @ Sand Mountain last week.

There are compelling reasons for both - luckily I have one of each.

selector

Old 08-29-2003, 09:20 PM
Trailblazer
Default Do quads jump?

i have a kx100 and theres nothing like carving lines in the sand or the woods or wheeliing past your slow friend on his quad.

selector do you have msn or aim? add me

ps. im falling in love with your 2 bikes.

xr50layke@hotmail.com
xr50layke aim

Old 08-29-2003, 10:29 PM
Trailblazer
Default Do quads jump?

im sorry but dirtbikes jump easier their esier to land and when u get like 5 foot on an atv u will get like 10ft on a dirtbike but atvs r faster n funner. also dirtbikes r easier to transport n store because they r smaller.

Old 09-07-2003, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider
Default Do quads jump?

ska,
check out my pics page or the forum "catching air on my raptor" in the yamaha section.

Old 09-07-2003, 12:20 AM
Pro Rider
Default Do quads jump?

dude, half the guys in here don't know what they r talkin about. first off, quads jump, but they will never get as high as a dirtbike. second off, i beleive that quads r easier to land, you don't have to worry about falling sideways. plus, no stock quad will beat a dirtbike. i know a guy that has a 600cc 4 stroke dirtbike that puts out 73 horsepower...stock! i forgot what it's called, but it's the one that team Yamaha runs. either way, dirtbikes r easier to jump and do tricks on, quads r easier to land and more fun to ride. and if u say that there rn't a lot of riding spots in claifornia, u need to leave ur neighborhood! i live in a town that u can drive through in 10 min. or less, and i can name 5 or 6 spots inside the town. go outside for once!

Old 09-07-2003, 12:25 AM
Ska
Weekend Warrior
Default Do quads jump?

[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-frown.gif[/img]ur link doesnt work jaybird

Old 09-07-2003, 12:33 AM
Pro Rider
Default Do quads jump?

yeah, i know. sometimes i hate this stupid computer. the links not important any way.

Old 09-07-2003, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider
Default Do quads jump?

QUADS DON'T JUMP!!!!!!!!

Old 09-07-2003, 11:34 AM
Pro Rider
Default Do quads jump?

if you have ***** you can jump anything,ive seen a video of a guy jumping 211 feet on a snowmobile

Old 09-07-2003, 03:23 PM
Pro Rider
Default Do quads jump?

Anyone knows if they've ever hit a big jump or ridden a MX track on a quad that its alot more exhausting and takes alot more concentration to come out succesfull. A bike can come outa corner and clear a 50ft. gap w/ a 5ft. wide launch and 20yards of approach, while as a quad needs at least twice the approach and a wider ramp. I've jumped many of bikes and it doesn't matter how crooked you end up in the air, if you don't panic you can maneuver your way out of it. You have AT LEAST an extra 200lbs to throw around w/ a quad, which can get you in to trouble while jumping. Yes quads can go big, almost as big as the bikes but we just need more room and THE HUEVOS[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]. If a bike can 6-7seconds of hang time off of a jump a quad is lucky to get 3, after that being said i'll take my quad over ANY BIKE on any given day of the week.

Mike

Quick Reply: Do quads jump?