Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Honda 450R

Search this Thread

Old 11-06-2003, 06:48 PM
KGB
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Honda 450R

Since you have figured out that I am a dumbass who can't fix, select, or maintain anyting, will you come out here and hold my hand when I decide to buy one?
You still are a weekend warrior, and a keyboard warrior too.
I am not offended, never was, never will be from some internet chat room.
Sorry , but: is not an apology, I didn't want, deserve, or need one. You and your arrogance thought you might make you feel better to "help" out this uneducated and inexperienced rider form Utah. It only made me laugh at you and your big *** ego.
I apoligize to all for hijacking this post. I just had to say what I did.

Old 11-07-2003, 12:15 AM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

hey guys all of you cool off it doesent matter whick on has the edge on the other one when it all comes down to it its going to come down to rider not top speed not weight its all rider rider rider. at the track at the pits its all rider so you all need to mellow out we are all riding to have a good time the worl would be boring if we all had a honda or a yamaha. that is why we have choices if you want a honda great go get it show us what you can do with it same with any manufacture. Lets se what you have on the track or the pits BRING IT DONT SLING IT. damn I do good on my z at the track up against yfzs and 400exs with the 450 motors in them I know the both have more power but im doing ok, and I get the satisfaction of knowing that I can outride some of those quads with more power than me. all of you guys need to have fun when riding not having braging rights for a quad that you ccant ride anyway.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2003, 11:22 AM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

i didnt say rhino as in bad...never heard of one!

Old 11-07-2003, 01:38 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

well, first of all, i've never owned a yamaha or a honda, i ride a ds650, so i have no preference to either manufacturer, but i have seen the specs for both and in my experience, the higher compression stock on the yfz is going to outperform the 10 more cc's stock on the honda. i just don't see how the hondas are going to compete. with a few minor mods, such as a new pipe, over airbox, and jet, the yfz beats me in a drag, although most yfz owners are quite a bit lighter than my 240lbs. now, the honda owners can up their compression as well, but that is a little more costly than just throwing on a pipe (which the honda owners would likely do as well) just my opinion, and i could be wrong

Old 11-07-2003, 02:16 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda 450R

OK I will admit it "I bleed Red", I have owned hondas since the days of the 200 sx four wheeler and three wheeler. I currently own a 99 400 ex and a 01 400ex and have a 450r on order. I will not bash yamaha or suzuki or any other brand in this post. There is one thing that I have to agree with that I have read so far, and that is that it isn't all the quad that wins races its the rider. I race class C open last year with my nearly stock 99 400 (has a gradon exhaust system and jet kit in carb) and I raced against build 250rs, built 400's, and assortment of raptors and in the 7 races that I ran last year I had a first, 2 seconds, and a 2 third place finishes. If I was an A or B class rider I may look at turning away from honda and buying top of the line quad, but probably not since I have had nothing but good luck with every honda I have ever owned so, I will probably continue to support them. I am sure some of you might read this and think that I am some ignorant being cause I am loyal to honda, and you are free to form your own opinions about that but I ride what I like. And just to throw this in here too I have four guys ridding for/with me this next year and there will be 2 hondas (440 ex & 450r) and 2 yamahas (2 banshees).

Old 11-07-2003, 03:20 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

Careful now, you guys talking about 200 SX's are dating yourselves and sounding nearly as old as me..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2003, 03:21 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda 450R

Originally posted by: Ridley
Our family had about four or five 200sx's. Those things run FOREVER!!! Looking back they are such slow tanks, but we probably had more fun on those than anything else we ever had!!! Ahh, the good ole days.

Just sold our 86 200sx 2 years ago it went through 3 of us kids and then became my dads work quad.

Old 11-07-2003, 03:29 PM
Weekend Warrior
Default Honda 450R

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
Careful now, you guys talking about 200 SX's are dating yourselves and sounding nearly as old as me..........[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img]

Hell I used to ride the honda Big Red three wheeler also if that tells you anything. And we still have it! [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 11-07-2003, 03:59 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

I love it when Ridley gets fired up[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Ridley...Jim is only ten years old...he knows everything

Old 11-07-2003, 06:07 PM
Pro Rider
Default Honda 450R

sorry racinjason...but u dont know everything either...im not 10 yrs old! so there....

Quick Reply: Honda 450R