Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

what do u wear when riding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-06-2004, 07:05 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do u wear when riding?

Big Red- You can def still have fun with all the gear but i was just sayin i couldnt see how you could ahve as much fun. I would think it would restrict you quite a bit.....

Old 01-07-2004, 08:31 PM
Trailblazer

I wear everything
Helmet, goggles, jersey, Pants, gloves, boots and socks.

One more very important item.

Here's the story, and I'm sure I'm not the only one this happened to. The first time I rode and ATV. Hopped on my buddies 400 ex. Not wearing anything but shorts and a lid, I rode around for a bit and had the seat hop up and smash my jewels. Since that day, I always wear tight bikers shorts to keep everything in a safe place. I learned from that mistake.

Wearing gear doesn't make you a p***y. It just means you use your head for thinking instead of for decorating your shoulders and spouting ignorance. That's the difference between humans and apes.

Old 01-07-2004, 09:20 PM
Pro Rider

I have a helmet, goggles, gloves, chest protector (thor force), boots (T-30s), and thor jersey and pants. I like it because it adds 10 mental horsepower.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]My friend thinks im a loser because i wear a chest protector, but well see whos laughing when he falls off or better yet, is roosted so bad he cries.

Old 01-08-2004, 12:00 AM
Pro Rider

I remember when I was 19 and stupid. Wear all the gear you can stand. If someone calls you a sissy for it, either laugh at them or lay 'em out. When you're all in your 40's, and all hobbling around except the guy who wore the gear when he was younger, then you can really laugh.

You can bust up and heal when you're young, no problem. Those injuries don't go away, they just hibernate a couple of decades and come back big.

Old 01-08-2004, 01:25 AM
Quad Patrol

Originally posted by: ShadyRascal
I remember when I was 19 and stupid. Wear all the gear you can stand. If someone calls you a sissy for it, either laugh at them or lay 'em out. When you're all in your 40's, and all hobbling around except the guy who wore the gear when he was younger, then you can really laugh.

You can bust up and heal when you're young, no problem. Those injuries don't go away, they just hibernate a couple of decades and come back big.
Isn't that the truth. Getting old $uck$[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Old 01-08-2004, 02:00 AM
Trailblazer

i wear a helmet with thor jersey pants boots alpinestars tech 6's chest protector and a kidney belt and i feel even more free! because i know that if i did fall i wouldnt get hurt as bad as if i was jsut wearing a helmet[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] ive really seen to many people get hurt from stupid things like not wearing a helmet or somthing like that. i added the kidney belt on to my list because my sister broke her lower back..not paralized thank god..... but non the less broke her back and some how i think the kidney belt would of helped with that extra suport thats jsut my 2 cents

Jd

Old 01-08-2004, 02:04 AM
Pro Rider

[quote]
Originally posted by: Lennie
I wear everything
Helmet, goggles, jersey, Pants, gloves, boots and socks.

One more very important item.

Here's the story, and I'm sure I'm not the only one this happened to. The first time I rode and ATV. Hopped on my buddies 400 ex. Not wearing anything but shorts and a lid, I rode around for a bit and had the seat hop up and smash my jewels. Since that day, I always wear tight bikers shorts to keep everything in a safe place. I learned from that mistake.[quote]

been there, i was jumping my blaster and it nosedived, i slid forward and i was wearing boxers, bad idea.

Old 01-08-2004, 02:20 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

This time of the year, I wear my lonnggg underwear and boots. I usually don't wear a helmet most of the time. Usually, I'm riding very slow trying to look for coyote or bear tracks and listening for the sound of a breaking twig. I do wear it when I'm just out romping around.

Old 01-08-2004, 02:43 AM
Elite Pro Rider

During the warmer months, I wear my Answer helment, gloves, jersey, and pants. Then I got my scott hologram goggles (physco) as well as my chest protector and my CAT steel toes boots. In the colder months, I got my helment and goggles (turbo antifog) boots, glooves and my Carhart coveralls[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img] Gotta stay warm. My summer gear I love. It doesnt make you a p*ssy. I ride in a lot of tight woods section. The first time a big azz tree branch came out and smacked me in the shoulder I went out and bought a chest protector. It has plenty of battle scares to prove its worth. I would never ride without it

Old 01-08-2004, 09:59 PM
Range Rover

I wear lace up boots. I was thinking about buying riding boots. The restriction of movement in the ankle though, not sure I would like that. Any thoughts?

Quick Reply: what do u wear when riding?