Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

what do u wear when riding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-10-2004, 01:22 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do u wear when riding?

It depends on your riding situation. I ride with a DS650 and 2 YZ125's, so, Like to have some roost protection[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img] I also ride in a lot of tight technical wooded areas where branches and what not come up and smack me all the time. I will not ride without it

Old 01-10-2004, 01:59 PM
Pro Rider

I always thought a chest protector was a little extreme for a quad until last week my buddy and I were riding at Little Sahara in Utah, long story short, he launched off a dune and dropped 30' down on the front end of his Raptor, shattered his wrist, jammed his ankle, cracked three ribs, and bruised his liver. The ER Docs said his liver was real close to rupturing and if that would've happened he would've died before we reached the hospital. I came home and bought a chest protector the next day. You can never be to safe in my opinion.

Old 01-11-2004, 05:16 PM
Pro Rider

i can shift real easy with my boots on, just as good with shoes.My T-30s are really stiff too, I look like a pinguin when i walk.

Old 01-11-2004, 05:59 PM
Trailblazer

I wear a helmet, googles, sweatsgirt, gloves, jeans, and boots. This is all that is necessary to me seeming as how i don't race or anything like that

Old 01-11-2004, 06:22 PM
Pro Rider

Holy crap. I forgot i started this post.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]lol. Anyway. Is a chest protector and a roost deflector the same thing? if so I’m assuming it would make a big difference in a crash(or maybe even a roll over). and hey, RidingaPred. yeah get that neck brace, i rode for about a month w/out one but after that it was either wear one or your not going riding. so i got use to it and now i ride twice as hard with it than with out it(i ride hard when i know I’m safe, well to some extent). and i got a rancher ES right now, if i got boots bow and say in a couple of years i got a z, or whatever i could afford, would i be completely comfortable in them? like the neck brace mentioned above.

Old 01-11-2004, 07:51 PM
Pro Rider

Yep my hondas will take one big beating. That partly why i liek them so much. I get on my blaster to beat around on and god that just dosnet like me riding it i guess. One thing after another goes wrong. Im thinkin about driving all my yamys of a cliff some day instead of them takin up room in my shop....... anybody interested in buying a yamy for real cheap?

Old 01-11-2004, 08:53 PM
Pro Rider

I wear a helmet, no gogle unless its raining or freezing out. Other than that it ranges from shorts, tshirt and sneakers to carthart suit and work boots and gloves. really i just wear clothes for the weather thats about it

Old 01-11-2004, 09:07 PM
Pro Rider

<u>Always:</u>
MX helmet
gloves
goggles
MX boots

<u>Optional:</u>
MX pants or
freestyle zip-offs (pants w/ zip off legs) or
carhartts or
coveralls (refer to selector @ Dumont vids) or
thong

MX jersey or
"Handyman's Creed" t-shirt or equal redneck-type garment

<u>Always on MX track:</u>
neck brace
chest protector
knee braces
Depends (for the big jumps - keeps the pants cleaner)

Old 01-11-2004, 09:10 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: outNfront
The restriction of movement in the ankle though, not sure I would like that. Any thoughts?
Yep... that same "restriction" will save your **** or more specifically your ankle, given the opportunity. One need only learn to ride w/ MX boots and they'll never go without them again. It's a simple adaptation that can take as little as 30 minutes to get used to.

Old 01-12-2004, 12:35 AM
Pro Rider

even if they stay stiff?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img], w/e it sounds like agood idea to get use to and i should buy a chest protector in the near future. anybody know wich would be the best for stopping 550 pounds from crushing a rock or say a branch into my back/chest?(mabye a littel exageration, but always dress to crash not ride)

Quick Reply: what do u wear when riding?