Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

what do u wear when riding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-08-2004, 11:27 PM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post
Default what do u wear when riding?

Fox Helmet, Work Boots, Snow Glows(Hey, I dont want my hands getting cold or wet<--main reason)

And For clothes....If its really cold or wet and muddy, I'll wear a bear of Coveralls with a Fox hoddy overtop, and it its not cold, Ill just wear usually a pair of jeans(sometimes some sweatpants underneath if its muddy)a sweatshirt, and a fox hoody.....dont wear any other gear really besides a helmet........dont have a chest protector..........and so far I havent been in any serious wecks wear ive really needed anything else besides a helmet from protecting me......(knock on wood)

Old 01-09-2004, 02:42 AM
Quad Patrol
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts

I have Alpinestar Tech 6, they were definately tight for the first couple of rides, but after the 4 or 5th ride, they finally started loosening up. After a few more rides, I'm sure they will be just like my old lace up boots.

Old 01-10-2004, 02:55 AM
Pro Rider

Vega Helmet, Shift recon freesttyle pants and shift recon jersey, oneal gloves, smith goggles, thor chest protector, and for the boots oneal elements.

Old 01-10-2004, 08:19 AM
Pro Rider

i just got a new pair of thor t-30's the other day and the first time i rode with them on i hated it, i could barely move my ankles and it was really screwing me up on shifting, they're still pretty stiff and hard to walk in.

Old 01-10-2004, 08:57 AM
Trailblazer

I was racing with a couple friends of mine on a new flat track. It was really rough and still had some pretty good size clods on the track (2" or so). Coming out of a corner, I hit one of those suckers and it threw me into a mud burm. It threw me off the bike I did like a 360 in the air and my pred did the same thing (according to my friends)! Luckily I had all my gear on and thank goodness the bike didnt land on me, but as I am getting up I am thinking "oh crap I bet my pred is screwed up" but it landed on rubber and went rolling by me!! I was very lucky but I was thinking that my chest protector had alot to do with it. Most anytime I ride now it is with all my gear.

Does anyone wear a neck brace, I was thinking about getting one of those too?

Old 01-10-2004, 09:36 AM
Pro Rider

i got ridin boots for christmas and i don't like them at all. when i wanna shift i have to make my foot in a weird position and most of the time i don't make the shift or get caught in a false neutral. maybe if i got more practice on them i will like 'em more, but i can't right now cuz my fourwheeler breaks down every other day.

Old 01-10-2004, 09:47 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: FastBansheekid
i got ridin boots for christmas and i don't like them at all. when i wanna shift i have to make my foot in a weird position and most of the time i don't make the shift or get caught in a false neutral. maybe if i got more practice on them i will like 'em more, but i can't right now cuz my fourwheeler breaks down every other day.
typical yamahas- breaking down every other day, lol j/p but i can sympathize, my old yamaha tx750 would break down almost every time i rode it, as for my former blaster, like once a month, my 400ex- never, but i know what you're sayin, you cant feel the shifter at all and you just kinda have to know where it is, sometimes i'll think that i shifted but it turns out that i didnt click the shifter up enough because i cant feel it. what exactly goes wrong on it every other day?

Old 01-10-2004, 10:33 AM
Pro Rider

it used to be a clutch problem and now it won't shift into 3rd gear!![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-mad.gif[/img] the longest i've ridden it without it breakin down was 2 weeks. lol. once i get the trans workin again i'm gonna put a for sale sign on it right away. i'm for sure gonna get a 400ex after that. my buddys never breaks down and he beats the sh*t outta it. plus they ride wheelies alot better and you can jump them higher. the thing that gets me mad about my banshee is that when sumthing breaks its not just sumthing cheap and simple its usally really bad and time consuming. o well i'll have a honda soon enough right?

Old 01-10-2004, 12:08 PM
Pro Rider

im not trying to brag or anything but my honda has had the best reliability out of all the machines and engines i have ever owned, it starts up EVERY time without hesitation, i can ride wheelies all day in any gear, jump it over and over again with confidence, put it away wet and drive it again the next day, its really an excellent machine. Maintainence is not a problem at all, i just change the oil every 10 or so days of riding and add gasoline, i never even have to put air in the tires after 4 months of driving it almost every day, if you're going to buy a 400ex i would HIGHLY recommend buying a badly beat up one for no more than $1500 and mod the **** outta it, its fun as hell shopping around for all the new parts, thats what i did and im almost to $3500 total, thats $1300 for the quad and the rest for parts and accessories. I have nothing but good things to say about the 400ex, dont listen to people that tell you they're slow, they're not, plus they're extremely smoothe compared to a banshee.

Old 01-10-2004, 12:37 PM
Weekend Warrior

Is a chest protector a good idea? I have a good vega helmet but I'm tite on money. I'm only 18 and work for minimum wage so my truck and my quad payment suck up most of my money. I would like to get some boots someday but for now I wear my steel toe work boots.

Quick Reply: what do u wear when riding?