Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

what do u wear when riding?

Search this Thread

Old 01-05-2004, 12:31 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default what do u wear when riding?

what do u wear when riding? workboots, race boots? chest protect/roost deflector, shirt? gloves, none? helmet(god pleasse say you do)),none? neck brace, none? what is it? tell it here.

Old 01-05-2004, 12:46 AM
Quad Patrol

You have to start at the top and that would be a helmet. You can put just about everything else in a cast, but you don't want to mess up your brain. Then a mask, MSR Extreme X shirt and pants, gloves and Alpine Tech 6 boots. The kids wear the same but, they will soon have chest protectors. Had my 7 year old roll her quad on a hill at Pismo. It was one of those KICK dad in the butt, he should of bought one of those, before she ever got on a quad, Buying one is cheaper then the co-pay in the emergency room. Fortunately, she walked alway and got right back on the quad.

Old 01-05-2004, 01:14 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I wear every piece of safety gear I can find, except a neck brace.

Old 01-05-2004, 06:31 PM
Pro Rider

I wear a helmet sometimes and regular clothes i dont really like wearing all that extra safty gear but i need to get use to it when i get a yfz450....

Old 01-05-2004, 06:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

helmet is a MUST...read the story "freak accident"

but other then that I wear a pair of work boots and gloves...other then that it is jeans and a sweat shirt....I am planing on buying the chest protector and a set of pants....but need the cash first

Old 01-05-2004, 08:48 PM
Pro Rider

Man, if people wear every safty thing they can find they are either 1- pu**ys or 2- dont want to have fun.... You arnt really free with all that stuff on. All i wear is a helmet (most of the time) and jeans( they can take a pritty good scrapin..) and a couple layers of shirts so if i fall off i wont get scratched up as much. Sometimes i do wear gloves because when mud hits them it gets your handle bars all messy and your hand slips. I def dont wear boots or roost protectors because those are just to much of a pain....

Old 01-05-2004, 08:55 PM
Range Rover

I wear a helmet and.....uhhhh... thats it, lol, just helmet and my everyday clothes.

Old 01-05-2004, 11:59 PM
Range Rover

I wear a helmet(a must after I rolled my atv,and got banged up alittle),goggles, long sleeves shirt or short(depend on the tem. out side), old pair of pants so if I want to get alittle muddy, and a pair of black hunting boots. I like rideing when it is dark.

dragracer789-- just because people wears safety gear dosen't mean they are a p----y. and you can still have fun with the gear on.

Old 01-06-2004, 12:49 AM
Pro Rider

i always wear a helmet ever since i flipped over my handlebars and landed on my head, luckily i was wearing a helmet at the time. i always wear gloves because the grips tear up my hands and i usually wear riding boots (thor T-30's) because they're waterproof, fairly warm and quite stylish.

Old 01-06-2004, 02:03 AM
Red Rider
Honda, accept nothing less!
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

My sister lives in Wisconsin. She says nobody there ever wears a seat belt in their car. No wonder 14 people have been killed on the highway that runs in front of her house!

My point is, it pays off in the long run to have a "culture of safety". Here in So. Calif., I think there is more of a tendency for people to wear safety equipment than in other parts of the country, probably because of the deeply entrenched dirt bike culture here. And, nobody is considered a sissy, for wearing anything. It is a personal choice though, so if you can't handle it, well then don't wear it. You can wear all that equipment and only need it once in your life, but that once may mean life or death. Think about it! Maybe, "natural selection" will just eliminate you from the gene pool.

Quick Reply: what do u wear when riding?