Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

4 stroke VS 2 stroke

Search this Thread

Old 01-21-2004 | 03:23 AM
Pro Rider
Default 4 stroke VS 2 stroke

i agree that there are fast four strokes out there but put as much money in a banshee or 250r and the two stroke will win 95% of the time

Old 01-21-2004 | 09:52 AM
Pro Rider

if you ask me its all about the ridder.
but i say the 2 stroke is always quicker

Old 01-21-2004 | 11:14 AM
|
Trailblazer

Ridley it sounds like you know what you are talking about. I agree with you all the way but I think when it comes to racing it's all up to the RIDER... Horsepower is good but like I said it's all on the rider. My homeboys 310 is off the hook, he has everything that you can think of under the plastic. $9G's...Well I guess I'm gonna have to wait and see. His getting his quad back from the shop on friday and we are hitting the track on saturday. I'll make sure I let you guys know.

Old 01-21-2004 | 01:51 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
I'm talkin gas and naturally aspirated. I don't give a rats @ss about the dune EX thats drunk, or any other drunk quad eating a gas quad, yada yada yada. I actually have yet to see ANY 450 4 stroke outrun the sparks 265R's, uhh, like Shane Hitts. I know that you haven't nearly the quad racing experience as me, nor have you been traveling the big quad races for the last 8 years so I'll let your "know it all attitude" slide here grizz, but you won't get much more than 55 RWHP out of a 450 4 stroke without using alky or FA, period. You also won't get much more than 55 out of a 265R, period, so no one is gonna eat anyone else, I don't care what shiz rolls out your mouth, just ain't happening. I've seen dyno's on 310's running 58-59, and I have yet to ever see a 450 4 stroke of ANY manufacturer make over 56. Don't act like I don't know what a good 265 motor makes, I ran a sparks for years, and I would consider 54rwhp a big difference over the 27 stock. 15cc's doesn't make a big difference, but all the rest surely does. I would imagine his buddy also has porting, higher compression, and the rest of the normal 310 goodies. If there's any YFZ's that "devestate" 310's, they're not on gas, or they sure as heck aren't 450's anymore. I'm sure an alky turbo EX can smoke a gas 310R, but lets kep things real, and fair. Gas for Gas, na for na, a well built 310 will put a whoopin on nearly every 450 4 stroker out there. If your so confident that you can build a 450 4 stroke so fast, why don't you just do it and come show all us quad riders how it's done? Maybe you'd make a name for yourself instead of being a 2 wheeled nobody since it seems obvious to you no quad riders know their @ss from a hole in the ground.
I dont have racing experience????????????? LOL!!!!!!!!!! Funny I've traveled to race all over the US. Texas, Cali, Fl. Etc.!! Also qualified year after year for Loretta Lynns Amatuer National Championship!!!! I forget how hard it is just to make it there, but who am I anyway, just a 2 wheeled nobody!!!!!!!!! Also, I have a quad so I'm not bashing anyone on this forum BUT YOU! It is ALOT harder to ride a bike in MX than it is a quad!!!! You talk alot, question is can you back it up on the track????? You called me a 2 wheeled nobody, well you take your quad and I'll take my little "two wheeled" 285, lets get on the track and see if you can back up all this talk!!!!!! On that note, I'll let your ignorance slide!!!!!!!!

Old 01-21-2004 | 02:50 PM
Pro Rider

i a recon them are fightin words.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

i know that it does take more to RIDE a bike, bc a bike requires more controll from the rider. I have no idea about racing. you will go faster on a bike though.

Old 01-21-2004 | 02:57 PM
Weekend Warrior

You might want to reconcider racing the 310r cause it is 2stroke and any day of the week a 2 stroke will smoke a 4 stroke on top end. I guess it depends on the type of race weather it be drag or trail run. You would smoke him if it was a muddy trail race cuase 2strokes have little bottom end. I have raced my 300ex-stock against a 200blaster and he beat me on top end.

Old 01-21-2004 | 04:09 PM
Pro Rider

blue- I couldnt tell you why you beat an R. Bad tuning? bad rider? But I almost garentee you my stock 250R WILL beat ur z440. Why? because I can acually tune it, jet it, and rebuild it the right way. theres so many little things of going faster and runnin beater that it would take 3 hours to tell you all of them. My R with a pipe and filter dose 5.4 (with hi 1.8 60ft) try getting ANY 4-banger to go that fast with a pipe and filter for perfromance mods. Especially in loose dirt/sand. Just to compare my R to other quads a YFZ up here goes hi 5.7 low 5.8 (with all the goods, tied down, paddles, ect) you want holeshots? I would also bet that my R Would take the holeshot against yours. But that is mostly set-up and tires.

Now a 310 gettin smoked by a YFZ450?!?!? lmao somebodys on crack.

Old 01-21-2004 | 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ridley
You have experience with bikes, not quads. Read my post a little better. And, like I said, bring your YFZ up here and show me how good you are. Till then, **** off. If your so good on the bikes, why you spend all day in the quad forum? Stick to bikes, cause you don't know JACK about quads. I have yet to see one of your posts with any relevant info or insight, just a bunch of shiz.
And, like I said, you talked trash saying I was a 2 wheeled nobody, well heres a little insite and some info for you to think about..............you stated I was a 2 wheeled nobody, AGAIN, how about you shut up all the talk and race this 2 wheeled nobody!!!!!!!! I'll even let you ride my PRO/AM bike, its the fastest of the three, I'll take my 285, there is that insite for you???? I'm at a disadvantage to you now, and I will waste your panzy tail on the holeshot, all day everyday!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! Again, you stated I was a 2 wheeled nobody, like I have no experience when it comes to racing, you would be highly surprised what I can do with my yfz on a track too!!!! But if your gonna talk trash because I race on 2 wheels, THEN BACK IT UP AND BEAT ME ON 2 WHEELS!!!!!!!!!!!!! Otherwise you should keep your BS insite and nonsense info to yourself!!!!!!!! Cuz all I am seeing is someone talkin alot of trash and not backin any of it up!!!!!!!! You say you've been racing the "BIG" races for 8 years!!!! LOL!!! Ive been to Loretta's more than 8 times!!! I've been racing for ALOT longer than 8 years!!! You have no idea how good or how poorly I ride my YFZ! Its not all that hard to race quads!!!!! NOT bashing on quads, just YOU!! But it doesnt take near as much effort to race a quad!!! Matter of fact, at a local track in Georgia, there is a kid under 10 years old riding a CR80 that jumps the 100+ft table top everytime he rides there at Bremen Mx Park!!!! I'd love to see you do that just ONCE on a bike OR a quad!!!!!!!!!!! Till you can do that, you aren't enough competition for me!!!

Old 01-21-2004 | 08:43 PM
Range Rover

55 H.P out of a gas 265r.Are you smokin crack!I'm a CR man at heart,but I've never seen numbers like that,Maybe out of a 310 or 330.

Old 01-22-2004 | 01:19 AM
Pro Rider

what about my 690 raptor I think it could beat a 310r at the dunes and my yfz would probably hang with a 310r maybe even beat it depending on who the other rider is and if i bored my yfz over 60 like was done to the 250r it would probably smoke a 310r haha [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: 4 stroke VS 2 stroke