Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

most torque in a sport quad?

Search this Thread

Old 01-31-2004, 05:07 PM
Range Rover
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default most torque in a sport quad?

Originally posted by: DieScarred
I wouldnt say that, ive beat many KFX700's at the local drags. The Raptor has monster torque. And the reason the YFZ is not tippy is it comes with a longer swimgarm and axle I believe from the showroom floor. I still dont feel the Raptors tippiness. Dont know why, and im sure the Raptor will handle like a dream once you slap on an axle on the beast.

I think prarievenom was saying that the V-Twin has more torque, not necessarily faster. The Kaw 700 V-Twin has the most lbs of torque of any ATV.

Old 01-31-2004, 05:10 PM
Pro Rider

Being able to do wheelies is not always the best escpecially when racing, that is why i went with a predator-- You really have to put some nutt into it in order to get the wheels up..

Old 01-31-2004, 11:06 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: fidge1
Being able to do wheelies is not always the best escpecially when racing, that is why i went with a predator-- You really have to put some nutt into it in order to get the wheels up..

You may know this already, but I heard that Polaris has shortened the swingarm on the 04 pred by half an inch. It is supposed to wheelie easier. It is amazing how that small a change can make such an impact. I guess the pred guys were wanting to do more wheelies.

Old 02-01-2004, 12:52 PM
Pro Rider

The 400ex wheelies easy. I was at a MudRun one time and the first quad to make it through was a V-Force. It wheelied in mud and continued wheelying about half way until the front end dropped but it made it right through. Then there were some guys with their big 4X4 quads that didn't even make it half way. The problem I'd think with an automatic tranny is that you can't keep it in a constant gear. The belt will always be moving up and down in the clutch and as you wheelie and increase speed, the belt will sink in and make the quad go even quicker and you will lose power and will be harder to keep the front end up.

Old 02-01-2004, 12:59 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: fidge1

For a machine to truely be a good "trail quad", it should wheely easily. You need to pop the front end up to get over obsticles. It needs to be able to do it quickly and on demand.

Old 02-01-2004, 01:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Smokes meat all the time!

raptor

Old 02-01-2004, 04:26 PM
Pro Rider

the vforce will have more torque, and thats a fact, but you cant feel it as much because its a friggin truck.

Old 02-01-2004, 06:09 PM
Range Rover

Originally posted by: AngryHampster
the vforce will have more torque, and thats a fact, but you cant feel it as much because its a friggin truck.
That's funny. I have always been a "truck guy".[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-02-2004, 05:30 PM
Pro Rider

Go with the ds it will run off and leave the raptor stock for stock and if u rappys think diff i got a stocker here

Old 02-02-2004, 09:50 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: jed250
The 400ex wheelies easy. I was at a MudRun one time and the first quad to make it through was a V-Force. It wheelied in mud and continued wheelying about half way until the front end dropped but it made it right through. Then there were some guys with their big 4X4 quads that didn't even make it half way. The problem I'd think with an automatic tranny is that you can't keep it in a constant gear. The belt will always be moving up and down in the clutch and as you wheelie and increase speed, the belt will sink in and make the quad go even quicker and you will lose power and will be harder to keep the front end up.
I love to wheelie all my atc/atvs. The big differance on the V is it is harder to go...say 30 mph and hold it at that speed. Like you said the belt will shift and you loose your on-demand torque. The same when you need to let off the gas to lower front end....less engine brake. BUT I just got back from El Mirage Dry lake, and you can start a wheelie from a dead stop and power through 50 or 60 mph+[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-shocked.gif[/img] then the front slowly sets back down (front wheels are not spinning until touchdown!) I spent a good time out there on 2 wheels!

Quick Reply: most torque in a sport quad?