Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

GM vs. Ford vs. Mopar

Search this Thread

Old 04-06-2004, 05:00 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM vs. Ford vs. Mopar

i liked kyle petty when he drove the Mellow Yellow car. Days of thunder baby. lol

Old 04-06-2004, 09:29 PM
Pro Rider

Even though I love nascar this is what a inspector at work told me it stood for

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

Old 04-06-2004, 11:17 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: killerKXF

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks
LOL, thats great.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 04-07-2004, 01:37 PM
Pro Rider

i think smiling bob can beat them all.

Old 04-10-2004, 02:26 PM
Pro Rider

Dale SR. Was the best! i dont care what anyone says he was the man, now i am rootin for his son. and by the way MOPAR AINT NO-CAR!

Old 04-11-2004, 03:37 PM
Range Rover

Nascar sucks, plain and simple. How can people watch some idiot drive around in a circle for 500 miles? It is plain boring, tho I like the wrecks. I don't understand why they drive Monte Carlos, Taurus and Intrepids. These cars are all four door grocery getters. They are also wrong wheel drive with weak v6's. These cars in no way are close to the Nascar race cars. Nascars are all rear wheel drive with a v8? It would be different if they were racing Vettes, Vipers, Mustangs, Camaros, T/As and cars like that. It would also be nice if Ford and Dodge could use their own engine design instead of Chevys 350. Also why do they all turn left? What is so difficult about turning left? Seems to me that they are all non-driving overpaid idiots. Most of the races go something like this, Pa " Hey Jethro, you see Jr. turn left?" " I sure did
Pa." How exciting is that???? Nascar is more boring to watch than Golf.

As for MojaveMoron250 saying "MOPAR AINT NO-CAR." Hmm .... in the 60's and 70's I believe everyone was getting stomped badly by Chrysler Hemi's. Then Chevy and Ford teamed up and got Chrysler kicked outta Nascar because they couldn't develop an engine that could compete.

World Rally Championship is awesome, now those are some people that can drive.

I'm Mopar all the way. Nothing compares to the 426 Hemi. Also, most of my family works at Chrysler so I don't really have a choice. I do like the LT-1, LS-1 and LS-6 GM motors. They are sweet. Ford is also stepping up with some new stuff. GM doesn't have anything cool now that they killed off the F-Bodies.

Old 04-11-2004, 03:54 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ish416
Nascar sucks, plain and simple. How can people watch some idiot drive around in a circle for 500 miles? It is plain boring, tho I like the wrecks. I don't understand why they drive Monte Carlos, Taurus and Intrepids. These cars are all four door grocery getters. They are also wrong wheel drive with weak v6's. These cars in no way are close to the Nascar race cars. Nascars are all rear wheel drive with a v8? It would be different if they were racing Vettes, Vipers, Mustangs, Camaros, T/As and cars like that. It would also be nice if Ford and Dodge could use their own engine design instead of Chevys 350. Also why do they all turn left? What is so difficult about turning left? Seems to me that they are all non-driving overpaid idiots. Most of the races go something like this, Pa " Hey Jethro, you see Jr. turn left?" " I sure did

As for MojaveMoron250 saying "MOPAR AINT NO-CAR." Hmm .... in the 60's and 70's I believe everyone was getting stomped badly by Chrysler Hemi's. Then Chevy and Ford teamed up and got Chrysler kicked outta Nascar because they couldn't develop an engine that could compete.

I'm Mopar all the way. Nothing compares to the 426 Hemi. Also, most of my family works at Chrysler so I don't really have a choice. I do like the LT-1, LS-1 and LS-6 GM motors. They are sweet. Ford is also stepping up with some new stuff. GM doesn't have anything cool now that they killed off the F-Bodies.
...yeah, nascar is not exactly my kinda spectator sport. As to the comment about mopars stomping ford and chevy, well, ford maybe, but the chevys, L88 camaros were untouchable. 425hp at 4400rpm...550hp at 5600rpm. Hemi-what? horsepower is horsepower, it doesn't matter if you have a hemispherical cylinderhead or a huge mouse on a pinwheel

Old 04-11-2004, 04:11 PM
Range Rover

Yes, the L-88 427 was a beast but no more than a stock Hemi. The reason I like Hemis is because they ruled the strip in the 60's and still do in 2004. Everything from monster trucks to top fuel dragsters use a Hemi.

I just wish GM, Ford and Mopar still made cars like they did back then. Imagine how wicked the Camaros, Mustangs and Chargers would be if the fuel and emissions wouldn't have killed the muscle cars. To bad I never got to experience those cars in their prime. I do like the WS6 T/A, I plan on getting one when I get an extra $25,000, hopefully I win the lotto soon.

Old 04-11-2004, 04:27 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Ish416

exactly where do they stand now.. humm i think they are in the back with the imports...

Originally posted by: killerKXF

Non
Athletic
Sport
Centered
Around
Rednecks

lets see him try to drive a car at 190mph with no powersteering with cars inches away from him.. maybe thats not athletic but it takes skill and muscle to do that with temperatures in the car over 100 degrees.. and nothing to drink and you cant pee the whole time your in the race either, thats a sport in my mind.

Old 04-11-2004, 04:39 PM
Pro Rider

I assume your talking about the theory of the hemi design and not actual "hemi " engines . And Im not sure that was chryslers idea anyway. They were just the first to incorporate it into a v8 which was a short lived design. What I dont understand is how they allow chysler decaled cars in Nascar anymore. Arent foreign cars companies banned.

No power steering? Are you sure about that?
I guess when I sit in my lawn chair on a 100 day watching nascar I would be working out right.LOL

Quick Reply: GM vs. Ford vs. Mopar