Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default GM vs. Ford vs. Mopar

That was the dumbest thing I have ever heard

Old 04-22-2004, 10:03 PM
Pro Rider

And any part of this redneck pissing contest was intellegent?

Old 04-23-2004, 11:56 AM
Pro Rider

mexican built american cars? don't know about all of them but mine was built in kansas city, my wifes car was built in detroit. quads were built in canada, daytona was built in great britain, tiger was guilt here a long time ago. now the supra and busa was built in japan. i read the test results and they are like most of them. they favored the import and conducted the test in their favor. nissan makes a good truck but there is no comparison of the interior room if you compare it to the f-150 supercrew. most hp? not if you compare it to the new dodge that claims to be a hemi, it's a great truck but not a true hemi. i like the commercail i saw of the titan pulling a large boat and passing a superduty dually on a hill, come on now get real.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:58 AM
Pro Rider

sorry i haven't got the dang pics up too. i finally set up my gallery and now i just need to download some pics of the supra. you know how us old farts are, we can't remember anything for over 30 minutes.

Old 04-23-2004, 04:04 PM
Pro Rider

Cuautitlan Assembly
Cuautitlan (Mexico)
Products: Ford F-150, F-250, F-350, F-450, F-550, F-650 and F-750 trucks, Fiesta and IKON
Year Opened: 1970

To increase efficiency and further solidify just-in-time manufacturing, DaimlerChrysler has chosen Exel to manage sequencing operations for its truck assembly plant in Mexico City.

General Motors of Canada Limited
Truck Assembly Plant
Park Road South
Oshawa, Ontario
The Oshawa Truck Assembly Centre builds Chevrolet Silverado and Silverado SS, GMC Sierra and Sierra Denali, full-size, light duty four door extended cab, two wheel and four wheel drive light duty pickup trucks.

These are just a few bits of info I found on a quick google search. The subject I believe was on pick-up trucks was it not? Chevy was the only one of the big three that isn't assemble in Mexico, and it's still not U.S., it's Candian. And according to Fords website, Expeditions are made in Kentucky. The K.C. plant does H-D f-150's, Escape and Tribute.

Old 04-23-2004, 11:10 PM
Pro Rider

I'm sorry but my build sheet on my ford sayd ky. besides corporate profits stay onshore not offshore. When was the last time you saw toyota sponsor college athletics on a sat. ? Besides if you want really good gas milage you can put your toyota in my box and just ride along with me, besides it will save the emissions to boot, ne vehicle not two running down the road.

Old 04-24-2004, 02:26 AM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Originally posted by: TexasPsycho
mexican built american cars? don't know about all of them but mine was built in kansas city, my wifes car was built in detroit. quads were built in canada, daytona was built in great britain, tiger was guilt here a long time ago. now the supra and busa was built in japan. i read the test results and they are like most of them. they favored the import and conducted the test in their favor. nissan makes a good truck but there is no comparison of the interior room if you compare it to the f-150 supercrew. most hp? not if you compare it to the new dodge that claims to be a hemi, it's a great truck but not a true hemi. i like the commercail i saw of the titan pulling a large boat and passing a superduty dually on a hill, come on now get real.
There are plenty of gm vehicles built in mexico. Buicks specifically along with others. Ford and GM trucks are built in canada as well.

Nissan cant compare in interior room to a supercrew because a supercrew is designed for the passenger. Thats why it has such a small bed. If you want to fight on interior room, go buy an avalanche. What do you constitute as a "real" hemi? Isnt any engine with a hemispherical shaped combustion chamber following along the lines of the original mopar engines? A titan could probably outpull a superduty with the 5.4L v8 from the old ford line. (2 valve design). THose engines were great for torque, but significantly lacked on hp.

Old 04-24-2004, 06:49 AM
Pro Rider

Different models are made at different plants. the entire line of F series is produced in Mex with the exception of a couple of F150's assembled in K.C. By the way ostrich, which MODEL of Ford did you say you had?