Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

performance of 05 pred vs. ds650.

Search this Thread

Old 03-01-2005, 02:14 PM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default performance of 05 pred vs. ds650.

i never rode a ds, but i think ud be pretty happy with the predator. the seat does put u in an uncomfortable position, but it is a little different for 05. from what im gathering the ds might be a tad faster

Old 03-02-2005, 02:46 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R
i never rode a ds, but i think ud be pretty happy with the predator. the seat does put u in an uncomfortable position, but it is a little different for 05. from what im gathering the ds might be a tad faster

uuummm no the seat does not put you in an uncomfortable position. If anything it makes you feel to "high" on the seat...I prefer to "lay down" while steering my quad..a set of low rise handle bars will fix that problem.

Sportrax..how is it you have all these alleged toys and no camera to take pics..they selll them at Walmart for less than 20 bucks...you should invest in one and PROVE us ALL WRONG!

That will teach us!

Old 03-02-2005, 03:41 PM
Range Rover

I have a Raptor and a Predator. And I have ridden 3 different DS650s.
I prefer the Predator in all conditions that I have ridden...trail, sand, dirt. JMO.

The DS650 generates more pure power than the Pred, but has a lot more weight to pull. The DS650 is big and not comfortable for most average sized guys, so I am guessing you are a BIG fella. My friends on DS650s are big guys, and I consistently beat them with my Predator. They have so much more weight to move that the small hp advantage can't overcome the load. But the DS650 does ride like a Cadillac....great in the desert.

The Predator (stock) will just barely beat the Raptor (stock) in a straight drag. The Predator is much more comfortable and much better handling.
I like the fit of the seat on my Pred. Others do not. Try the fit and see if you like it.

I imagine in Massachusetts you ride a lot of trails. Dirt Wheels rates the 2005 Predator as the best (stock) trail machine. I happen to agree.

These quads are all good, get the one you like and.....Have Fun!

Old 03-02-2005, 06:20 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: heatseeker8
Originally posted by: spoRtRax450R

uuummm no the seat does not put you in an uncomfortable position. If anything it makes you feel to "high" on the seat...I prefer to "lay down" while steering my quad..a set of low rise handle bars will fix that problem.

Sportrax..how is it you have all these alleged toys and no camera to take pics..they selll them at Walmart for less than 20 bucks...you should invest in one and PROVE us ALL WRONG!

That will teach us!

must we start this again? buy me a new computer and i'll host em all

Old 03-02-2005, 06:59 PM
Pro Rider

heres all i need to prove to u. americanpride will give u the restif he still has them. try worrying about urself and not me. http://img51.exs.cx/img51/3615/toys0zu.jpg

Old 03-02-2005, 11:38 PM
Trailblazer

I'm not going to say alot on this topic because you seemed kinda biased towards the Pred, which is a great quad. I just want to know add a few things...

1. Since when did the Z become so slow? I have no problem holding my own with a friend of mines modded Predator. When dragging on the street we're either even or I'm ahead just by a little over a half of a quad, then top end comes and he gets a quad and a half on me just about everytime. For something to be so slow I'd say that's pretty decent. Z's have amazing take off, they just like to pop up a little too much.

2. In defense of the Z again, cheap looking? That is one of the dumbest comments I've heard in a while, no offense. If you can tell me what is so cheap looking I may agree with you. Please don't say something like that and give no reasoning, it's just asking for somebody to post something like I am.

3. Please don't judge something unless you have a lot of seat time on it or own it. I'm not trying to make the Z look amazing and unbeatable but come on man, it's not an LT80 you're comparing to these quads.

If any of this offends anybody here, I'm sorry, it's only facts.

Old 03-02-2005, 11:54 PM
Pro Rider

even when i lost the start to a z on my predator (both stock) i pulled by it quick and after being ahead for a few secs he was 5 lengths or so back

Old 03-03-2005, 07:02 PM
Range Rover

well im sorry if i offended you on the z400. i just think it looks cheap looking. dont really know how to explain it just thats how it looks to me. i guess i just dont like suzuki products. i also put IMO which means In My Opinion. also i have ridden my buddies 03 and i just dont like it at all.

Old 03-03-2005, 08:05 PM
Pro Rider

well my .02 on a Z..I didnt care for the rider position...the front end felt light..not the steering..I didnt care for the new plastic either..looks like a girls bike..IMO..you shoulndt offend anyone in these forums ...I mean you didnt ask for anyone opinion about a Z when you started this thread..its just some one with a Z chimed in about his experience with his ride...which is fine...but he didnt ask about a Z.

Old 03-08-2005, 07:48 AM
Pro Rider

What ever you do, don't base any opinions of the Predator on any years previous to the '05. They changed enough to make it feel like a different quad. The seat no longer forces you forward. The shifting is positive and requires less reach of your foot. It is very refined. And it is faster than the DS. I have two friends, one with the Predator and one with the DS and the Pred is faster, not much, but still faster. I'm with you though, the DS would be hard to beat if it had reverse.

Quick Reply: performance of 05 pred vs. ds650.