Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

YFZ450 vs. Predator500

Search this Thread

Old 11-15-2005, 10:53 PM
Extreme Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default YFZ450 vs. Predator500

what kind of rims are those... like manufacturer? hmmm

i'll look further into this twin air see if i can find anyone else that has it and ask them for a more open opinion on it. then i'll go from there. i have about 400 bucks to spend at the moment on my preddy and im trying to think up the best ways to spend it. if i get a new muffler i figure i could sell my current PP on ebay for like $180 or so and make some money back.

sorry for hijacking the thread, just seemed like the right place to ask a few questions

Old 11-15-2005, 11:04 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

this thread is old......and pointless........so who cares, ask away......

As for the rims, I assume you are talking about mine?? They are the lightest ones Douglas makes(not sure what color of label, maybe black).........I just use them in the sand......when I get in the dirt.....I put the stock, more heavy duty ones on.......

well.....$400......can do a few things with it.......my list would be this........

1.....rath racing headpipe.....regardless of your pipe, other than stock, this will end up being your headpipe, it is the best on the market, can go wrong with it.

2.....Nicholas Cycle carb mods......they are worth it!!!

3.......Some type of air filter mods......even if you have to just open the lid up.......and go with a clamp on tube, with a filter an the end(which would be placed in the airbox with no lid).....some guys are running this type of setup......and I've heard it performs pretty good......but not as good as the twin air.......

4.......I'd get a new exhaust here......this is where a great exhaust is going to acutally be seen over a good exhaust.......I'd choose between Doug's drag pipe, and the HMF pipe.......wouldn't consider any others.......

5......some type of aftermarket piston.......not a big deal, but will help you out on reliability........

Then......I'd go with suspension and body upgrades......

I know this is more than 400 bucks.......but just listed how I'd plan stuff out

Old 11-15-2005, 11:34 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

well, i figure i'll tackle the best and more expensive first.

and i was talking about the blue preds wheels, i have douglases too.

as far as my list:

HMF Black chrome slip on
Carb mods
some sort of air filter
Rath header
Rath scoops

thats all the stuff that id like to have with my 400 bucks. yeah i know, already over my limit. i figure i can sell my PP exhuast for about 200 though, so theres the header right there.

as far as suspention, i was thinking about keeping my Fox's. im not entirely sure if theres anything better than Elka's and i know the Fox's are elka's main competition, so why drop more money on only a very small difference.

as far as my plastics, my front right clip for my fender on the fuel tank snapped at the plastics. i donno if i did it or if it came from the factory like that and i never noticed untill now. ive never flipped it or had it land on the front fenders. but do you think i should stick with them? the extra vibration from the plastics is minimal, or do you think i should try and get my dealer to cover it under warrenty?

thanks

Old 11-15-2005, 11:51 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

As for the plastic......they will just break again.......mine are both broke, not a big deal.....just makes it easier to take them off.......

The wheels are hyper wheels......they are very expensive......for racing only.......look them up for prices.......you'll soon find your douglas are good enough......

Elkas......are much better than the fox's........but also the one's i'm talking are very expensive.........notice I don't have them......so......yeah.......

As for the scoops.......yeah I like raths too.......but I also like Doug's..........hard decision......

Other than that.......I like your list........exactly what I'd do.........then I'd possibly go into some handlebars......and antivibe stem(these are my next mods).......

Old 11-16-2005, 08:25 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah, as far as the handle bars i was looking at the Fasst Flex bar, i know alot of GNCC racers use it, or drop some more money and go with a Renthal fatty bar (1 1/8th i belive) with a rath anti vibe stem and his gauge cluster

Old 11-16-2005, 10:29 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

yep.......kinda what I was thinking......lot of money with the flexx system though......don't know if I can do it or not!!! I can't decide between hpd's and rath's stem......but think I'l end up going with rath, due to service......

Old 11-16-2005, 01:35 PM
Trailblazer

hey Brad racer.. i was thinking about trading in my old 2000 scrambler and maybe buying a faster quad. possibly a preditor because i am very pleased with polaris's quality and i was just wondering how fast a stock preditor would run? and how you find they handle jumps? .. do they handle jumps better than let's say a 660 raptor?

Old 11-16-2005, 07:44 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

nooo dont get rid of your 400! just save up some money and get an LE pred

Old 11-16-2005, 08:21 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

yeah......the pred is more powerful than your scrammy(torque).......and it will jump way better too.......it probably jumps better than the rappy too......due to better shocks, and a wider stance.

I suggest one like spyders.....however they are all nice!!!

Old 11-16-2005, 08:35 PM
Trailblazer

spyder is yours a LE too?

Quick Reply: YFZ450 vs. Predator500