Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Which sounds better 2 or 4 stroke?

Search this Thread

Old 08-23-2005, 01:18 AM
Pro Rider
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Which sounds better 2 or 4 stroke?

huh... i always pictured 2 strokes as more of a muscle car because of it being more of a higher revvying, more hp machine and a four stroke as an f250 also for the more torgue approach not so much as now though.
\
but anyways i love a banshee with some t5's

Old 08-23-2005, 01:20 PM
Trailblazer

The raptor sounds awsome with a pipe...........I think it sounds better then my friends banshee.

Old 08-23-2005, 06:57 PM
Range Rover

2-strokes. [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-happy.gif[/img]

Although some of the newer high revving 4-strokes sound much better than the old thumpers from years ago, which sounded kind of, ummmm for lack of a better word......"farty". [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-disgusted.gif[/img] [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2005, 12:14 AM
Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Quadman, Have you done the cam-mod to your YFZ? They may be the same engine but not set up the same. Doing the cam-mod sets the timing the same as the YZ and really wakes it up.

Old 08-27-2005, 12:05 PM
Elite Pro Rider

2 strokers, imo

Old 08-27-2005, 12:47 PM
Trailblazer

not much sounds better than a piped 2 stroke for sure but i like the rideability of the 4 vbanger though

Old 08-27-2005, 01:16 PM
Pro Rider

i love the sound of a wound up 2 stroke. that sound just triggers you adrenaline and i want to go ride. its the sound of high RPM's and the acceleration you get when you hit the power band.

i think its what you ride. cuz if you ride a 2 stroke and hear a 4 stroke you cant really i guess "imagine" the power the rider is feeling or the machine is making. cuz people who ride 2 strokes know what that sound means[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

on another note i do like the sound of a yfz blasting through the trails. banshee vs raptor totally tricked out for dragging id have to pick the banshee just cuz i KNOW they are fast and i like the way they sound when they are all wound up shooting a hill or drag racing down a strip. the raptor doesnt wind up as high and doesnt <u>SOUND</u> as powerful or as if its going as fast as the banshee. the banshee sounds like a rocket. anyone get what im saying?[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 08-27-2005, 04:06 PM
Trailblazer

2 strokes scream... its like music to my ears

Old 08-30-2005, 03:05 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: bl4cksh337
huh... i always pictured 2 strokes as more of a muscle car because of it being more of a higher revvying, more hp machine and a four stroke as an f250 also for the more torgue approach not so much as now though.
\
2strokes being like muscle cars because their high revving? wtf. My friends GTO the judge redlines at 5,000rpm. Thats not even in the powerband for a 2-stroke. Muscle cars make all low-end and tons of tourqe right off idle. 2-strokes make little tourqe and all their power in the high high rpms. Muscle cars and 2-strokes are like EXACT opposites..when it comes to how and where their power is made.

Old 08-30-2005, 09:26 PM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: 86LT250RFatty
Originally posted by: bl4cksh337
\
2strokes being like muscle cars because their high revving? wtf. My friends GTO the judge redlines at 5,000rpm. Thats not even in the powerband for a 2-stroke. Muscle cars make all low-end and tons of tourqe right off idle. 2-strokes make little tourqe and all their power in the high high rpms. Muscle cars and 2-strokes are like EXACT opposites..when it comes to how and where their power is made.
ya but i can see the people who own 250R's and zillas as "people who own muscle quads." just cuz they are older like many muscle cars and are still very impressive and powerful. they are classic. the 250R. you know what im talkin about. maybe this is what bl4cksh337 was thinking but kinda came off on a wrong note. 4 strokes are taking over but long live the 2 strokes!!!

Quick Reply: Which sounds better 2 or 4 stroke?