Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

What is the best sport quad for my wife?

Search this Thread

Old 12-29-2005, 08:58 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default What is the best sport quad for my wife?

I just bought myself a 06'predator GNCC LE and love it. Now my wife has started wanting her own sport quad to ride with me. She is a pretty good rider but dosent need quite as much power as the predator offers. I have considered the new Rappy 350 and she loves the look of it. The problem is I know it is a revamped war monster and I hated the way those quads rode and sat. ( not to offend anyone j.m.o.) My ? is , Is the new Rappy 350 any better if so in what ways? What is the top speed? Is there a better option that Im not considering? If anyone has any dealings with this quad then give me a hand on this one. Im 1hr from the nearest dealer and dont want to waste my time.

Old 12-29-2005, 09:09 PM
Pro Rider

Take a look at a Suzuki Z400 or a Honda 400EX. I think they are a better maching then the 450 IMO

Old 12-29-2005, 11:58 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

the new outlaw would be a good choice aswell, whenever they show up. the IRS would suit your wife well, i know most femals, atleast to my knowledge prefer a more comfier ride. automatic sportquads like the Wolverine and Scrambler would be good choices looking at aswell

Old 12-30-2005, 12:11 AM
T Rex Rider
What irritates me is!
Those 6-packs work pretty good.
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

I think the 400ex is perfect for the adult beginner. Very user friendly type of power. Fairly light and handles great. Never been on a Raptor 350 but the Warrior is not my favorite quad. I'll leave it at that.

Old 12-30-2005, 10:01 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

My fiance' has a 400ex and she absolutely loves it and can handle it well. Not to mention it is very reliable and I can have fun on it to![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2005, 11:17 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: motox26
My fiance' has a 400ex and she absolutely loves it and can handle it well. Not to mention it is very reliable and I can have fun on it to![img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
I like the way you think... Not only can you play on it but it also makes a GREAT buddy bike [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2005, 03:41 PM
Trailblazer

I have a 2004 Raptor 350 and like it. I changed the sprockets to a 12 on the front and a 40 on the rear (was a 13/38 stock). This lower gear works great for rough mountain trail riding. The small size of the Raptor 350 is great on the trails. With the 6th gear the gearing down did not effect my higher speed riding since I am not out to create speed records.

HOWEVER, The 350 is underpowered for heavy Sand dune riding with paddle tires which is my only negative. I just purchased a 2004 KFX400 and it will be interesting to see how it compares in the dunes. On the 400 I geared it down with a 12 Tooth on the front and a 44 on the rear (was 14/40 stock), and I have yet been out to try it (winter here). I may end up going to a 42 on the rear???

I am trying to get my wife to take the Raptor 350 but she does not want a manual clutch, so I probably will have to put a ReKluse AutoClutch setup on the KFX 400 and she gets it since they do not yet make a Auto Clutch set up for the Raptor 350. She has be riding a Suzuki LTZ250 which works great in the mountains but is really underpowered in the sand with paddle tires

SO what next?? a second KFX/LTZ 400?? Decisions, Decisions

Old 12-30-2005, 06:59 PM
Quad Patrol

Look at the Z400 or it's equivalent[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] My wife rides one and loves it[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img] It has all the power she needs, with more available with aftermarket goodies, handles good, and weighs decently to where she can use some body language to get the job done[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2005, 08:03 PM
Trailblazer

Well thanks for all the input. I dont know what i will end up getting her but we went today and did some shopping. My buddy has a 03' z400 which is bone stock and has offered to let us use it for a day to see if it suits her. I love that quad and think she will to. Something else that has me thinking is that the Polaris dealer that I purchased my Predator from offered the deal of a 06' Predator(base) for her at only $5199. So now Im torn. What to do? Time will only tell.

Old 12-30-2005, 08:39 PM
Weekend Warrior

I have a 400ex and ther great it was my first atv and think it would be good for any one.
thay handle great and have lots of power for the trail or the trak. as for a raptor 350
i have never riden one but have herd good things

Quick Reply: What is the best sport quad for my wife?