Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

My quad can beat a Banshee!

Search this Thread

Old 12-30-2005, 05:11 PM
Trailblazer
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default My quad can beat a Banshee!

It seems everyone with a sport quad is comparing themselves to Banshee's saying how they beat them all the time and I'm just woundering why its always the banshee they are picking on?
When I'm out riding and the group of people I'm with comes up on others they always want to race me? not the 450r, raptor or yfz450.
When the banshee wins there is always a reason there quad lost, its not jetted right, I have to change my sprocket, I'm running my larger tires and dont have any bottom end and so on it goes.
To be honest I have found that whenever you think your bad there is always someone out there who will put you to shame, as for my banshee its allot of fun and reliable but to be honest there is always someone with a deeper pocket with money to throw in there bike, and I fail to see the boast of beating a stock banshee? So when you beat that banshee what was done to it? was it a hill climb, hairscramble, mx track,or drag race? look at some of the profiles on this board and what people have done to theres then think twice before boasting. I might not be able to beat you on my Banshee but I can usually find a Banshee that can, can you say that about the bike you ride?
This is just in good fun, no bashing ment in anyway, would like to hear what other people think about this though.

Old 12-30-2005, 05:13 PM
Elite Pro Rider
Received 1 Like on 1 Post

Because the banshee has been king for 15 years and continues to be. Beating a banshee is saying something, beating a fourstroke is like, well, beating your meat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 12-30-2005, 05:47 PM
Super Quad Patrol
Athens Archery Field Staff
Best lunch hour ever!

Originally posted by: maddog56
Because the banshee has been king for 15 years and continues to be. Beating a banshee is saying something, beating a fourstroke is like, well, beating your meat.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img][img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Well said Maddog! Ever since I was little it was always the Banshee and the 250r that everyone wanted, or wanted to beat. Now with all the new 4 strokers out and about, some can actually beat the shee. Most of the time its some kid running his mouth or talking out their ***.

Old 12-31-2005, 11:22 AM
Trailblazer

It's so sad to see this part of history fall into the past with this being the last year of production of the Banshee, I was really hoping to see them come up with something like the clean burn system for the bike but the 4 strokes are just to easy to maintain and since there speed and power has increased I guess they just dont see a need for the old school 2 stroke anymore :'(

Old 12-31-2005, 12:28 PM
Range Rover

your totally right. there is no bragging right in beating a 4 stroke.

Old 12-31-2005, 01:18 PM
Pro Rider

I can tell you from experience that beating up on a Honda won't get you any points, but Banshees are another story. The possibilities with them are endless. I can't believe they stopped making them.

Old 12-31-2005, 10:45 PM
Pro Rider

I have the same thing happen to me. When ever we Ride they allways ask me if i want to Race. I tought a Kid a lesson a few weeks ago I was at Rocky Ridge and they have a decent little drag area there. this kids come up to me on a z400 and wants to race. at first i said no then the trash talk started. any way we raced the first time and i let him win by about a length. then the second tim by about two lengths. so he start in with this Banshees arn't sh*t stuff. So I said ok one more Race and when I smoked him by at least two Lengths he started this oh i missed 2nd gear. so i asked him to race again and he said he had to go. Go Figure huh.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 01-01-2006, 02:22 AM
Pro Rider

Originally posted by: Six2notScaredofU
I have the same thing happen to me. When ever we Ride they allways ask me if i want to Race. I tought a Kid a lesson a few weeks ago I was at Rocky Ridge and they have a decent little drag area there. this kids come up to me on a z400 and wants to race. at first i said no then the trash talk started. any way we raced the first time and i let him win by about a length. then the second tim by about two lengths. so he start in with this Banshees arn't sh*t stuff. So I said ok one more Race and when I smoked him by at least two Lengths he started this oh i missed 2nd gear. so i asked him to race again and he said he had to go. Go Figure huh.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]
He he he, If it was me, I wouldn't have let the z400 win the first 2 races. You only beat him by 2 lengths? Sounds like you were still taking it easy on him.

Old 01-02-2006, 11:09 PM
Trailblazer

My last quad was a 02'Banshee and I had the same Problem. I said it once and Ill say it again,$to$ you cant build a faster quad than a banshee.

Old 01-03-2006, 10:22 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: BADSHEE
It's so sad to see this part of history fall into the past with this being the last year of production of the Banshee, I was really hoping to see them come up with something like the clean burn system for the bike but the 4 strokes are just to easy to maintain and since there speed and power has increased I guess they just dont see a need for the old school 2 stroke anymore :'(
Unfortunately, all good things must come to an end.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-sad.gif[/img]

BTW, I don't know about the new genration 4-strokes being easy to maintain.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-blush.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: My quad can beat a Banshee!