Sport Quads Discussions on sport quads.

Raptor or Predator?

Search this Thread

Old 02-21-2006, 12:42 AM
Weekend Warrior
Received 0 Likes on 0 Posts
Default Raptor or Predator?

Hi,
I'm new to the forums here and am looking to buy a new ride. I have priced many diff models but am leaning towards a Raptor (quoted $5800 +tax '05) or a Predator ($5300 +tax or 5600 le-'05's). I am 5' 8" 150-160 lbs.
$5800 is my max price I cant afford a new 700R. I ride all types of terrain, mostly dunes, but also desert, mountain trails, not really mud. I have had a blaster and a warrior, and have ridden my buddies raptor quite a bit. I was mostly wondering the pro's and cons of each. Right now I am leaning towards the raptor because I have the hauler paddles from my warrior that I could use for it. I don't really do any racing etc. and was wondering what everyone's opinions are.
Oh, and I'm looking to buy in the next couple weeks.
Thanks,
John

Old 02-21-2006, 12:50 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

For a couple hundered bucks less money I would have to say the Predator LE. Lots of upgrades on it are already done like the shocks, exhaust, better tires and rims, etc. Unless there are some extras thrown in on the Raptor, that's a pretty easy decision.

I'm a bit biased obviously as I have the Pred, but look around and see what other people tell ya. Performance wise, they are very close but when you throw in all the extras the Pred has...

Welcome to the forums too...

Old 02-21-2006, 01:11 AM
Weekend Warrior

Thanks for the quick reply.
I probably cant buy for another week and a half and they only had one le pred left. If that was gone what do you think?
Also what do you think of the trailboss 330? I will be buying one of those for my wife at the same time.

Old 02-21-2006, 01:31 AM
Extreme Pro Rider

First, I'd say hope like hell the LE is not gone cause that is a hell of a deal. If it is though, I'd still go with the STD Predator and put the $500+ into some upgrades you are going to have to do the the Raptor or Pred.

You might also want to check the current promotions for the Predators, they may have some good financing going on. Not sure on that though.

I can't help ya much on the TrailBoss, no experience there...sorry. Lots of folks on here with them though, so you might want to just throw it out there under a new thread.

Old 02-21-2006, 02:33 AM
Pro Rider

WEBOPPER.......Your not trying to turn a yamaha guy into a predator guy now are you....LOL

I LOVE my little 686 Rappy.....I raced a really slick Pred down on the river the other day....Well if i told you how it turned out webopper would hate me....So im keeping my mouth shut..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 10:24 AM
Pro Rider

Predator is a better machine then the Raptor stock for stock.
I've owned both.

Modded out the Raptor i use to own.

The Preds upgrades make it a better all around machine.

Old 02-21-2006, 11:00 AM
Shed Knocker Rider
Harley Punk!
Received 2 Likes on 2 Posts

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
I raced a really slick Pred down on the river the other day....Well if i told you how it turned out webopper would hate me....So im keeping my mouth shut..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
And you have a 686 that appears to be far from stock, that doesn't give the guy any good comparisons when he isn't looking for a race machine.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-confused.gif[/img]

Impact, since your not looking at the 700R's I would seriously look into the LE Pred. They have came a long ways from the first year models, and stock they come with some nice features for less money than the 660. For the money I might go with the LE Pred, but either way they will both make out to be a good machine for ya.[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 12:50 PM
Pro Rider

And you have a 686 that appears to be far from stock, that doesn't give the guy any good comparisons when he isn't looking for a race machine.
LOL I was just playing with Webopper...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-smile.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 06:18 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

hey doyal, wait untill a Nicholas Cycle 574 kit is dropped in, doubt your raptor can match 75 horses [img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-tongue.gif[/img]

Old 02-21-2006, 06:20 PM
Extreme Pro Rider

Originally posted by: DriverDoyle
WEBOPPER.......Your not trying to turn a yamaha guy into a predator guy now are you....LOL

I LOVE my little 686 Rappy.....I raced a really slick Pred down on the river the other day....Well if i told you how it turned out webopper would hate me....So im keeping my mouth shut..[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]
LOL...yea Doyle, you're making the assumption I don't already hate you...[img]i/expressions/face-icon-small-wink.gif[/img]

Quick Reply: Raptor or Predator?